+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: APEX in AH totally out of reach for new Free to Play accounts.

APEX in AH totally out of reach for new Free to Play accounts.

Hi, ...with the Prices of APEX being so high on both NA and EU servers, would it be possible to set up something in the Marketplace so people can keep their Patron going?

What I am thinking of are Bound APEX. Sold for gold in the Marketplace for maybe 1000 gold and limited to a total of 2 per month for that account.

I have other ideas and thoughts to share, but not in this post.

*waves*

just buy it for 13 bucks thats like 3 bucks a day

Doesn't understand that Patron accounts help fund the running costs of the game via real life currency...
    Someone external to TRION has given them real life currency for those APEX... you give that entity ingame gold for the APEX.

That's the model of free-2-play... it's not free... someone else just pays for you to play and you give them some of your ingame wealth.
    It's supply and demand that dictates the ingame cost of APEX and with the Hiram stuff (all those market Hiram packs) you'll find there's an even greater demand for APEX.

how do you think the game company makes money? they don't publish Archeage out the kindness of there heart

The archeage auction house is a "free market". Meaning that something is only going to sell for an amount someone is willing to pay. Apex prices being "low" reflected what value they had to a player(double labor/offline labor gen being the most common). Between changes/removals of biggest gold/labor sinks(regrading and crafting weapons/armor) and other aspects of the game being changed Apex prices reflect the state of the games economy.

IMO, Apex prices are right where they need to be and fair compared to the silver/labor ratios in the game and the amount of gold you can amass in any given day.

An example of my thoughts... Last year I played on Reckoning server this time and Apex sold for 550gold. I could buy an Apex with my little level 50 setup every day(every other if I regraded). For what you get with Apex that's way too cheap the prices needed to go up. They have gone up 1600-1700gold. At these prices I'm still able to buy an Apex maybe 2 every other day(almost one Apex/day) if that was my goal in the game.

Somewhere along the line you will understand this:

- there is no swipers left
    - you all multi-account

It will only go higher and higher, regardless of flash sales.

Solution:

- stop multiaccounting
    - pay your own sub

Solved.

1h working in the real world = 1 month of subscription
    50h of work in the game = 2 Apex = 1 month of subscription
    2 Apex = 20 $ = average 3000 gold but with this amount of money, you don't do much.
    The price of different raw materials is very expensive because there are fewer and fewer players, so you want more and more gold if you buy an Apex with IRL money.

When the “Bubble Breaks”!

AA is in the Bubble Now. It’s cruising along in a an inflated, unrealistic path, towards the pin in the “Fork in the Road”.

Something needs to be done ASAP, to start this Flotilla in the right direction, before it “Pops”, and all the pixels get scattered across the cosmos.

An idea was put forward: If no one does anything, they are more to blame for the “End of the World”, than the few that try to prevent it’s occurrence.

If I’m an Apex Seller, regardless of how I obtained it, then sure, I’ld like the highest value for my wares.
    If I’m an Apex Buyer, on the other hand, o.O, there’s a limit to what those pixels can produce, in game.
    You can’t have balance, without a constant.
    The constant has to be there.
    The constant is easily obtained.
    The constant is starring you in the face.
    The constant is.....
    A Credit to Gold Ratio
    Taken from another Apex Thread:
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...tem-Bound-now!

IMHO;
    1. Trion/XL need to come up with a Static Credit to Gold Conversion Number, ie; 100 Credits = 100g
    2. After that has been established, the items that are currently on the Market Place, that Can be resold in the AH, need to be Locked in at that ratio, Period.
    When Gold has a Static Value, the In-Game Production Methods will increase, the sale of AH items will stabilize, and we can All get back to Playing this Wondrous Game.

Another Option, is to follow through with Step 1, and then;
    2. Remove the re-sale of Apex altogether. Removing the Gold-sellers in one fell swoop.
    3. Place Apex in the Marketplace, just like the recent Hiram Infusions and Loot Buff, Purchasable with In-Game Gold, and Bound on Pick Up, and Possibly even a Limit on quantity.
    Current AH prices on Legacy AH are killing off more than just the Gold-sellers. It’s making it impossible for current, new, or, returning players to continue.
    Apex does not generate in-game gold by its resale, it moves gold that already exists into the sellers bank, but on the other hand, helps players start generating in-game gold through other in-game activities.
    By removing its resale, we can get back to the Business of Archeage.

“As it was meant to be, so shall it become.”
    Big Brother ,,,,-(O.O)-,,,, Sees All!
    KRAKEN - SANCTUARY

How wud the game designers make a profit off this concept?

Sure it sucks when things get inflated and cost for goods rise. But you learn to adapt and strategize. Nothing comes for free. Its all a psychological mind trick when someone says somthing is free. F2P means someone is still paying and the ones paying shud not be restricted from the amount they list apex for. The idea some ppl came up with making apex bound after listing it on the AH I think is a good idea. But still whatever they list it for is their choice. Don't quit, don't give up, don't follow those sheep over the cliff. Think with that noggin ways to overcome inflation and prosper thru your game play.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTrooper View Post
    1. Trion/XL need to come up with a Static Credit to Gold Conversion Number, ie; 100 Credits = 100g
    2. After that has been established, the items that are currently on the Market Place, that Can be resold in the AH, need to be Locked in at that ratio, Period.
    When Gold has a Static Value, the In-Game Production Methods will increase, the sale of AH items will stabilize, and we can All get back to Playing this Wondrous Game.

Another Option, is to follow through with Step 1, and then;
    2. Remove the re-sale of Apex altogether. Removing the Gold-sellers in one fell swoop.
    3. Place Apex in the Marketplace, just like the recent Hiram Infusions and Loot Buff, Purchasable with In-Game Gold, and Bound on Pick Up, and Possibly even a Limit on quantity.
    Current AH prices on Legacy AH are killing off more than just the Gold-sellers. Itís making it impossible for current, new, or, returning players to continue.
    Apex does not generate in-game gold by its resale, it moves gold that already exists into the sellers bank, but on the other hand, helps players start generating in-game gold through other in-game activities.
    By removing its resale, we can get back to the Business of Archeage.

ďAs it was meant to be, so shall it become.Ē
    I get it that this is your opinion, but it simply doesn't work in the real world. Lets say that you make credits lock in at a nice easy 1500g per APEX, something anyone should be able to do with just a small amount of effort. What do you do on fresh start servers where everyone struggles to get even 100g a day? No one can play for free there now since no one can sell APEX because no one can buy them so Trion loses money.

The whole point of an auction house is to establish a market value of goods. If they weren't selling for the prices being listed and people were buying more of them with gold the price would be dropping.

Putting them in the marketplace instantly cuts off Trions cash cow the second their value goes below that amount since no one would buy them for cash anymore the instant their value dropped below that amount (like on fresh starts, which everyone shovels money at Trion to buy their victories).

The reason the price keeps increasing is there are less whales around feeding your demand but tons of people willing to buy them. It's so easy to make enough gold in the game for established players they will continue to buy them for gold as long as they can. The point of APEX isn't a welfare system to help new players, it's so that Trion profits off of the willingness of players to buy progress. It's not a charity at any level.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast