+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One change to the game that might make some things better

One change to the game that might make some things better

I started playing AA at release we had some really good times for quite a while. There is one part of the game that upset many people and that is the ability to purple or kill your own faction members.

While the gankers will flock to this thread and say otherwise, they are still here while many many thousands are not.

This is a game of East vs West and now East and or West vs Player nations. It is hard enough to get faction unity and confidence and most everyone working for the same goals when you have a handful of people that would rather ruin other peoples fun. Ganker game for the most part will only keep populations of other gankers.

The castle rush at the start of the game was crazy fun, where East vs West battles were epic, save for the terrible slide shows, but it was a fight for the ages and then a fight to keep those castles.

The game needs to focus on getting each faction working to common goals not having to worry about which of the people on my side is going to steal my stuff. That is only fun for one side for the most part.

I don't believe the devs or producers of games understand just how quickly people get turned off by this. They join a side to be part of a side and not have to fight within. They want to help that side win or be prosperous. I should feel safe around my faction members.

There really are no penalties for being a same faction ganker. There is no deterrent and only one side gains something. Even if the gankee wins, he/she lost time that could been doing something else and they receive no other award for defending their stuff, while if the ganker wins he gets the spoils and nothing more.

Most people have limited gaming time and want to be rewarded for their efforts. The game needs to change to one of rewards instead of punishment. Facebook and all the social media sites succeed by the anticipation of hearing the ding that someone liked your post or a comment or a text, so much so that people can't stop. This game along with many others need to learn from this and stop fighting normal human nature.

Along those lines was the ability for each side to get land on the other continents, most of the time right in the middle of the enemy. The game allows for multiple accounts on either faction. This essentially games the game. If the East have a territory on the West Continent it should be fought over, with the winner gaining all the land, red players should not be allowed entry or to do anything. This was only done to satisfy the land demands of the side that had more players, in my case the West having a 3 to 1 numbers advantage or more, which Trino would never admit to. KR missed the boat by not having meaningful PVP or RVR, fighting over entire sections of the continents instead of castle areas.

There are parts of this game I really miss, as I quit playing long ago. Very few new games look to be any good. I doubt anything will change.

Quote Originally Posted by xydros View Post
    I started playing AA at release we had some really good times for quite a while. There is one part of the game that upset many people and that is the ability to purple or kill your own faction members.

While the gankers will flock to this thread and say otherwise, they are still here while many many thousands are not.

This is a game of East vs West and now East and or West vs Player nations. It is hard enough to get faction unity and confidence and most everyone working for the same goals when you have a handful of people that would rather ruin other peoples fun. Ganker game for the most part will only keep populations of other gankers.

The castle rush at the start of the game was crazy fun, where East vs West battles were epic, save for the terrible slide shows, but it was a fight for the ages and then a fight to keep those castles.

The game needs to focus on getting each faction working to common goals not having to worry about which of the people on my side is going to steal my stuff. That is only fun for one side for the most part.

I don't believe the devs or producers of games understand just how quickly people get turned off by this. They join a side to be part of a side and not have to fight within. They want to help that side win or be prosperous. I should feel safe around my faction members.

There really are no penalties for being a same faction ganker. There is no deterrent and only one side gains something. Even if the gankee wins, he/she lost time that could been doing something else and they receive no other award for defending their stuff, while if the ganker wins he gets the spoils and nothing more.

Most people have limited gaming time and want to be rewarded for their efforts. The game needs to change to one of rewards instead of punishment. Facebook and all the social media sites succeed by the anticipation of hearing the ding that someone liked your post or a comment or a text, so much so that people can't stop. This game along with many others need to learn from this and stop fighting normal human nature.

Along those lines was the ability for each side to get land on the other continents, most of the time right in the middle of the enemy. The game allows for multiple accounts on either faction. This essentially games the game. If the East have a territory on the West Continent it should be fought over, with the winner gaining all the land, red players should not be allowed entry or to do anything. This was only done to satisfy the land demands of the side that had more players, in my case the West having a 3 to 1 numbers advantage or more, which Trino would never admit to. KR missed the boat by not having meaningful PVP or RVR, fighting over entire sections of the continents instead of castle areas.

There are parts of this game I really miss, as I quit playing long ago. Very few new games look to be any good. I doubt anything will change.
    It is obvious that you quit long time ago. There where massive changes to crime points, to the extend where now there is so little ganking if any. All points you mentioned are part of the game play, at the end of line this should be sandbox. One of the major problems in this game are people. Everyone complains about everything but no one is prepared to do anything. I know many players that have quit exactly due to reason of factions being dead horse.

I am care-bear, but even for me now driving merch across to cinder from villa on auto pilot is very very boring. And lets not talk about inland runs, you can do literally 10's of runs in a row and you want even see an alt sitting somewhere on a farm burning labor.

Before all this nonsense with TR's, fup crafting and just about any profession being nerfed to the ground, despite nations, pirates and all others there where fun times, on the sea and the land.

Id rather be ganked then bored to death without seeing anyone alive for days on.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyHollow View Post
    It is obvious that you quit long time ago. There where massive changes to crime points, to the extend where now there is so little ganking if any. All points you mentioned are part of the game play, at the end of line this should be sandbox. One of the major problems in this game are people. Everyone complains about everything but no one is prepared to do anything. I know many players that have quit exactly due to reason of factions being dead horse.

I am care-bear, but even for me now driving merch across to cinder from villa on auto pilot is very very boring. And lets not talk about inland runs, you can do literally 10's of runs in a row and you want even see an alt sitting somewhere on a farm burning labor.

Before all this nonsense with TR's, fup crafting and just about any profession being nerfed to the ground, despite nations, pirates and all others there where fun times, on the sea and the land.

Id rather be ganked then bored to death without seeing anyone alive for days on.
    I agree with this guy. The OP clearly is not actively playing the game.

It is always best if you actively play a game before you make suggestions on how it should be changed. I've seen a lot of "anti-alt" threads that do the same thing. People who clearly don't play the game telling the devs how they should change it.

If you don't play the game then why are you on the forums for the game suggesting changes? You're backseat driving and you're not even in the car!

The game was outdated in many ways, the mission that removes infamy only does it for -20 .... and in a single attack one can kill up to 4 alters in a car. That means doing + 200 infamy points in a single gank. The same thing happens with the materials, they ask for 200 of meat a pack, and a turkey gives you 6 ..... as it happened to them to climb the low levels and then everything is damaged by the routine and excessive monotony of transforming us into slaves of the clicks. They have to update the numbers for ALL THE CHAIN. Increase the amounts.

Obviously the game is in deep trouble.

Why they might have fixed the same nation ganking now, it was too little too late and I suspect with higher population numbers ganking would be a thing again.

The point being is that it is very very hard to develop, build and maintain pride in a nation or realm when you allow them to flip a switch and kill you for any reason they want.

If there was nation and server pride that was developed and maintained, the users would be more interested in staying. Ganking is generally only fun for the ganker, who gets first hit, which is a big advantage. The game needs to be fun for both sides of a fight.

They have finally caved in somewhat and figured out that most people, who left, don't play games to be punished, ie upgrading. Sure buying gear is fine if you have the time to grind away or can whip out the credit card, upgrading is or was a big part of the game that is available to all. Failing is one thing but the punishments for that fail which you have/had little control over was too much.

The same can be said for crowd controls skills. It is not fun to lose complete control of you toon for an extended period of time, seconds. While this may have been addressed to some extent CC still exists in game.

Once you chase people away, most never come back. This game will never ever get the population numbers back that they once had. The reputations of the Producers and the developers are poor.

The devs and or producers failed to comprehend the very different playing styles between KR and NA/EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    I agree with this guy. The OP clearly is not actively playing the game.

It is always best if you actively play a game before you make suggestions on how it should be changed. I've seen a lot of "anti-alt" threads that do the same thing. People who clearly don't play the game telling the devs how they should change it.

If you don't play the game then why are you on the forums for the game suggesting changes? You're backseat driving and you're not even in the car!

He is probably is hoping for a reason to get back into the car.

History repeats itself, especially when the same actions are taken over and over.

The game started, had issues, population dropped, and the money dries up

Re-start, no major concept changes, same game, same issues, population dropped, money dries up.

Re-start, no major concept changes, same game, More issues as craft/farm/traderuns got hammered, population drops

They do the same things over and over and expect different results.

Quote Originally Posted by xydros View Post
    <snip>"The game needs to focus on getting each faction working to common goals not having to worry about which of the people on my side is going to steal my stuff." <snip>
    ^ Yes.

And... for the farmers, who play the game to just goof off... I made a "Wall of Words" post also.

The one issue I see is folks that join, want to own land and build a house > ask in chat > and ... someone ... has to break the bad news to them about Patron. Then ... either they say "Oh sure, no problem" or tell us they have no $ and want help. Something needs to be done about this issue. These players literally have no way to make enough to pay for Patron, since they can't sell on Auction House.

Want to talk about seed/sapling prices or anything we get from NPCs for our farms? Or how we are using more labor?

I retired two of my characters and that's 2 subscriptions. The cost of in-game items is just getting too much and the payout of delivering packs is just not sufficient if you compare the seed/labor costs.
    Jinx - Dwarf - Aria Server

Quote Originally Posted by Doodler View Post
    ^ Yes.

And... for the farmers, who play the game to just goof off... I made a "Wall of Words" post also.

The one issue I see is folks that join, want to own land and build a house > ask in chat > and ... someone ... has to break the bad news to them about Patron. Then ... either they say "Oh sure, no problem" or tell us they have no $ and want help. Something needs to be done about this issue. These players literally have no way to make enough to pay for Patron, since they can't sell on Auction House.

Want to talk about seed/sapling prices or anything we get from NPCs for our farms? Or how we are using more labor?

I retired two of my characters and that's 2 subscriptions. The cost of in-game items is just getting too much and the payout of delivering packs is just not sufficient if you compare the seed/labor costs.
    Trade with a guild mate/friend for an AH License. Sell Honor, Vocation, Prestige, Gilda, and Labor for gold until you have patron. It takes less than a month every time. Once you have patron it's amazing easy to maintain. This is probably the easiest game I've ever played for maintaining paid status and even buying credit items without spending money since so many tryhards pay to get ahead.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

+ Reply to Thread