+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why is half of the World Bosses have a ridiculous Regen?

Question Why is half of the World Bosses have a ridiculous Regen?

Hi All of the AA Community! I found out a little while ago that apparently half of the World bosses in the game now have a regen added to them. In turn, I don't mind bosses having regen, which tech they already had like Gatekeeper Harrod. He would heal a little over time if you didn't kill him fast enough. However, before the patch to PTS that made it for Patron players on PTS during down time; when I was on PTS, to do Harrod, I noticed for one that there was already 3 of them, which was odd to me, however I can easily solo 3 at a time (*like majority of everyone else going against him*) however, everytime I did damge to any of them, they would regen their health INSTANTLY. Like not over time, but almost like a regen to where they would reset. Now because there was 3 already I assumed it was a bug, which in a way it could of been, because not even to the main one's half way point, he summoned in 2 more Harrods, which you'd probably guess it was very chaotic. (*And that Harrod wasn't at his half-way point to where he would summon the 2 copies of himself. He was full Health*). Having to tank 5 Harrods at once..WAS very chaotic. So again I assumed it was a bug. Today however, someone told me it was NOT a bug, (*expect the 5 part*) and that there was a patch that made it so that half of the WB's in the game have a regen. And having this regen makes it incredible difficult to even solo or take on in a full group. And frankly seeing from experience with it myself. Gatekeeper is hard, and frankly he does hit hard normally, even with my Full Erenor Plate at Epic he would cut my HP in half if I wasn't careful about it. But his regen is absolutely ridiculous. I crit him for about 60k. Before this patch if I did that, he would regen slowly, but with this, he instantly, 100%, regened all of the health that was lost. And any damage you'd do to him wouldn't matter since he is more or less invincible. Again, I don't mind a challenge what so ever..heck I love Solo hard-hitting bosses more or less like 2 hounds or all of the stages + Bowstrings of Grimghast Rift (without using the catapult or Packs to get rid of the stages easily). But this buff of regen..at least for some of the bosses is kind of ridiculous. Now granted I know that PTS can get low-population sometimes, people leave for a while so you'd have less people to do them with. However, on LIVE servers; even friends and other Players from the EU servers said that doing these bosses even in (lets say) full Erenor or Ayanad, and or T7 Obsidian is impossible! That's at least what some of them told me. But my MAIN question is, what was the purpose of giving World bosses a boost of Regen HP all of a sudden? Was it Complaints because "too many people" are soloing them? (frankly that's part of the game, no one likes a forced group). Or was it a legitimate reason for doing this? I like that there is a couple of new bosses like Goretusk etc. but still. I can understand with those or Daradu in Halcyona being at lvl 55 Mythic, but Gatekeeper, Hounds etc they are lvl 50 Mythic, even on PTS with Ancestral level 7 I can't solo Harrod anymore because of the regen..

I did not read anything, but I can only say this:

Boss were "strengthened" in the previous patch, to "cut" that regeneration of life you can use "tigerstrike" from battlerage.
    also when you kill them, there is the "shadowrift" event to earn 500 honor and other things, that's why this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarr View Post
    I did not read anything, but I can only say this:

Boss were "strengthened" in the previous patch, to "cut" that regeneration of life you can use "tigerstrike" from battlerage.
    also when you kill them, there is the "shadowrift" event to earn 500 honor and other things, that's why this change.

Ah well, I know of the Shadowrift etc...hell 500 Honor (heh you should get maybe 1000 for defeating a lvl 55 Mythic boss which on most servers like Shatigon, which is a ghost town where you don't have enough to even do....>.>) Granted someone in a friends server has told me about Tigerstrike..but granted..whats the point in adding the Regen if players are just going to use Tigerstrike and "boom" the regen is gone? Not saying it out of complaint, but more out of confusion and curiosity. Like hear me out, it doesn't really make sense to add a ridiculous Regen to the boss only for it to literally disappear from tigerstrike. Like you know what I mean? I mean I would think Leech would get rid of it, since it steals buffs or gives debuffs? Not Tigerstrike. I might test tigerstrike on Gatekeeper Harrod since he is the easiest World boss that isn't lvl 55 mythic. But it just seems odd and more or less useless to add a regen buff to the Boss only for 1 skill to get rid of it completely. I mean, I guess Tigerstrike makes sense but still? Again just as I said before, I love a challenge, but it just seems odd to me tis all? But thank you Sugarr for explaining at least, in a way I know they did it for a legit reason and not for a strange or even stupid reason.

:Side Note: I can understand not reading all, I apologize, once I get on the path of "thought and question" I don't stop. And well I also try to explain that I did get my sources from other players and viva Friends who still play and have told me what its like to try to solo or even be in a group, and well how on some servers with low player base on both sides, like Shatigon, can't really do any of these bosses.

The whole point of world bosses was to make them done by groups. The idea behind the shadow invasions was supposed to make them small scale PVP events.

Previously every single boss you could just solo in a few minutes. Now you need 3 people or so. I would hardly call that massive.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

A healer friend and I killed Harrod the other day (on a live server). I too noticed his regeneration but it wasn't that much of a problem. Simply focus the "fake" one which has way less health and dies more easily so you don't have to deal with too many CCs and damage coming from different directions.

The only thing that bugs me is that your Harrod spawned 2 fakes instead of just 1. Maybe you are right and there were more bugs that came along with that one.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

Quote Originally Posted by Turambaredolas View Post
    A healer friend and I killed Harrod the other day (on a live server). I too noticed his regeneration but it wasn't that much of a problem. Simply focus the "fake" one which has way less health and dies more easily so you don't have to deal with too many CCs and damage coming from different directions.

The only thing that bugs me is that your Harrod spawned 2 fakes instead of just 1. Maybe you are right and there were more bugs that came along with that one.
    Yea well another issue I found with Harrod is that the fake ones had the regen too, so it was impossible to even kill them as well. I also tested Tigerstrike that "gets rid of" health regen but it does not. Even at the 3rd stack it DOES NOT get rid of the Health Regen. On PTS I can tank Daruda and hardly loose health, (thank you 50k HP!) and I do a good amount of DPS to him however using Tigerstrike to the 3rd stack doesn't get rid of it. So hearing about Tigerstrike getting rid of regen forever on Bosses, well I don't believe it, unless it was a bug too. Also, when he reset and I left him, all 5 were still there, so it kind of makes me wonder if you awaken him again if he'll spawn 2 more, if so then well I guess that's really a challenge then xD. Like with Harrod, again, I can tank 3 Harrods, but 5 or 7?! My god..xD

ALSO! I actually have a screenshot of the 5 Harrods, however the 2 other fake ones are not in the picture (because they kept leaping all over the place) I didn't think to take a screenshot after they reset, but I was afraid they would disappear. But yea. I don't know how to share a screenshot on the forums but ye.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    The whole point of world bosses was to make them done by groups. The idea behind the shadow invasions was supposed to make them small scale PVP events.

Previously every single boss you could just solo in a few minutes. Now you need 3 people or so. I would hardly call that massive.
    Well that makes a lot more sense then, thank you and everyone for clearing it up for me, again when I faced 5 Harrods and ALL of them had regen on it, it really made me confused. Though I don't mind doing groups but again..its always fun to try stuff solo, see how far you can go before you die. Like with Hounds, I had so much fun solo both hounds and the Hounds from Grimghast Rift (those ones were actually worse lol) but still. Makes sense.

One thing I kind of thought of too, is that I wish at least on PTS that the bosses were back to their normal selves...I mean I get it on Live and such, but on PTS there is hardly anyone on to do "group stuff." Again not that I mind doing some group things like Mistsong and such..but still. I like doing stuff solo too and get the items without rolling a 1 literally everytime -_-. And again not really a fan of these devs of any games forcing people to be in groups, the bosses were fine and all good before why the change now?...I don't mind some of the new bosses with the Shadowrifts but come on! The Hounds of Kyrios (and the ones in Auroria), Glenn, Meina etc they have nothing to do with the Shadowrifts… there is no reason to now make them impossible to kill! Frankly I found it MORE fun when majority of the bosses were still hard to kill but gave you a chance...like seriously. I still don't really understand why would they add regen only for Tigerstrike to get rid of it forever if done correctly..like why? Seriously I would like to hear the main reason other then "new content" from a GM. Its bad enough on PTS that literally all of the Dungeons besides Library is "shut off" now there is nothing really to do...I liked passing the time on PTS when nothing is going on and doing Bosses/Rifts etc...now I and a lot others can't even do that... Again I get it for Live, people like doing group stuff whatever...but on PTS it makes no sense...Hell I am surprised they didn't change the Library bosses while they were at it...thank god they didn't because frankly soloing Ecktom yesterday was hell of a lot fun, he still hit hard like a ♥♥♥♥♥, but you know what? It was FUN. Unlike sitting there trying to kill Dardua in Halcyona for 5 hours trying to "perfect" Tigerstrike so the regen would go away. That was not fun at all..all it made me want to do was just give up...

And I know its annoying for 1 to complain but this is really bugging me...I would really like to know their MAIN reason as to change them now..other then "new content" or whatever..I'm just saying, majority of the OLD World bosses were FINE. All of my years on this game, and dealing with the world bosses before; I saw no need in the change. This change in my opinion made World bosses worse...to a point where no one would even want to do them...and yes frankly I for one DO NOT like Forced group type things..all it does is make it harder to even do anything and just destroy the fun of soloing all together and those who just want to solo on their own... -_-

Damn you should become an author.

+ Reply to Thread