+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop with this crying already!

Why do some people, such as you, OP think this pseudo-wise stance of "wait and see" is a valid answer in situations like this. As a prelude to each Trion debacle, there is always someone who stands up and suggests everyone do and say nothing- instead it's suggested to just let it happen. Most of the time, we already know what will happen. Trion is not doing anything new at this point. The player base has been repeatedly bludgeoned with the same set of sticks again and again. We don't need to sit and see anymore. Most of the outcomes of the various follies we have been through were obvious to anyone whose interest was the longevity of the game.

That aside, even if waiting to see was a wise course of action, it has been done to the death of this game. No more waiting and seeing. There are enough players that have been through this particular flavor of nonsense that it would be dishonest to tell ANYONE they should wait and see before passing judgement, as competent judges are available who can, will, and have informed everyone of what the outcome of these empty moves will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrathor View Post
    Buddy, who is hating farmers? Everybody is going to lose land, I have a house and 3 farms, I rarely pvp, but you saw the downright hateful and rude posts of "How Dare You". I just said that we should maybe wait a bit longer to see what Trion/XL hast to say, what kind of compenation they would offer, what future patches will introduce etc. Im not saying it's gonna be fine and dandy, but the pop is what it is, playing in a ghost town is not really fun. The game is designed to be balanced with BOTH farmers, pvp'ers and mix, and lots of content require a group of players, not just an army of alts.
    been in alot of merge and nothing good come out of merge. Only ppl quiting the game.
    Been a month and my ticket have yet been resolve.
    My account was hacked and i lost everything
    141008-002654
    Never Solved but not happy
    10/08/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Abra View Post
    Why do some people, such as you, OP think this pseudo-wise stance of "wait and see" is a valid answer in situations like this. As a prelude to each Trion debacle, there is always someone who stands up and suggests everyone do and say nothing- instead it's suggested to just let it happen. Most of the time, we already know what will happen. Trion is not doing anything new at this point. The player base has been repeatedly bludgeoned with the same set of sticks again and again. We don't need to sit and see anymore. Most of the outcomes of the various follies we have been through were obvious to anyone whose interest was the longevity of the game.

That aside, even if waiting to see was a wise course of action, it has been done to the death of this game. No more waiting and seeing. There are enough players that have been through this particular flavor of nonsense that it would be dishonest to tell ANYONE they should wait and see before passing judgement, as competent judges are available who can, will, and have informed everyone of what the outcome of these empty moves will be.
    Very, very well said and absolutely true.

Merges are getting old. The first one was a shock, the second one a large annoyance, and now with the third, it has become a drill. Everyone who's been here long enough knows exactly what will happen, and how to handle it if they so choose. We also know it will do no good and solve no problems.

So here we go again: pack up everything, watch our work float down the gutter, make a plan, move on, wait out the inevitable delay before servers open, sneer at pathetic compensation in the meantime, make more coffee, servers open, put everything down again. And then what? Why do it? What for? That's what people need much more than a FAQ: a reason to stay. I doubt next week's infomercial will give us one.
    "Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much."

Oscar Wilde on ArcheAge

Quote Originally Posted by Nerrivic View Post
    In typical Trino fashion, their main concern is with the remaining whales, the other 99% of the population be damned. So they fell over their feet reaching out to them, and muddled up a few tiny insignificant details in the process. But hey, I'm sure the rest of us will get something equally stylish...like a magical reskinned turkey pet. First class, of course.
    If you run a business, wouldn't you prioritise those who provide the majority of your revenue before the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by Mangogogo View Post
    If you run a business, wouldn't you prioritise those who provide the majority of your revenue before the rest?
    If I run a business, I make sure I know what I'm talking about, double-check, and not tell the wrong things to the wrong people at the wrong time. I avoid creating false hopes, confusion, and disappointment. I also make sure that ALL my costumer's feel like they are valued, be it for nothing other than good PR. I don't ignore them, and I don't insult them with "Hehe".

But hey...we all know that the terms "Trion" and "successful business " are difficult to reconcile. Need proof? How about these two gold nuggets:

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Confirmed that anyone with a red dragon in process during the Evo will receive a red dragon afterwards.
    Again, the full FAQ will be out next week.
    Brasse
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinen View Post
    Hey folks, just wanted to make a quick clarification here. We will not be providing a completed dragon to folks that have started the growing process. The specific details of the compensation provided will be shown in the FAQ next week, but it will be based upon the materials the player has used in their dragon raising process.

Oscar Wilde on ArcheAge

If I run a business, I make sure I know what I'm talking about, double-check, and not tell the wrong things to the wrong people at the wrong time. I avoid creating false hopes, confusion, and disappointment. I also make sure that ALL my costumer's feel like they are valued, be it for nothing other than good PR. I don't ignore them, and I don't insult them with "Hehe".

But hey...we all know that the terms "Trion" and "successful business " cancel each other out. Why do you even bring up such dirty thoughts??
    You avoided the question, would you not prioritise customers that make up the most of your revenue before others? Yes or no answer would suffice.

You avoided the question, would you not prioritise customers that make up the most of your revenue before others? Yes or no answer would suffice.
    No. I have worked in direct contact with customers, presenting and selling high-quality (and pricey) household items and decor. It's imperative you treat all customers well, including the ones that cannot spend as much as others -- if you do not, the image of your brand will suffer.

And that's just the point: Trion's image has suffered terribly over the last four years, which is why we have gone from 10 EU legacy servers to two. That's a whopping 80% loss. It would seem their priorities aren't working so well.

You, in turn, have avoided acknowledging the ongoing embarrasment of the company you are defending. Bad form indeed.

Oscar Wilde on ArcheAge

No. I have worked in direct contact with customers, presenting and selling high-quality (and pricey) household items and decor. It's imperative you treat all customers well, including the ones that cannot spend as much as others -- if you do not, the image of your brand will suffer.

And that's just the point: Trion's image has suffered terribly over the last four years, which is why we have gone from 10 EU legacy servers to two. That's a whopping 80% loss. It would seem their priorities aren't working so well.

You, in turn, have avoided acknowledging the ongoing embarrasment of the company you are defending. Bad form indeed.
    I never said don't treat all customers well. I said prioritise the customers making up the most of your revenue. I am not defending them as much as understanding the simple business reality. If they are unable to placate everyone, then in damage control mode the simple solution would be to focus on something first.

So if two customers make an appointment with you at the same time and can't be changed, would you prioritise one that make up 98% of your revenue or the one that make up 0.01%?

OP - I'm sorry I missed where it was ok for you to come on here and complain about other people complaining. We should have all realized that your way of thinking is the only logical way to think.... since well you know … obviously none of us matter and won't be missed.

I watched someone on livestream today crying about how he worked so hard for his 2 dragons and how unfair it would be for everyone to get one now.... well guess what? I can guarantee you that anyone who farms/crafts or plays other facets of this game than just PVP have worked 10 times harder to get what they have. But oh … I'm sorry you feel they don't matter. Thank you for pushing the game to extinction and finding out what a ghost town really looks like!

I never said don't treat all customers well. I said prioritise the customers making up the most of your revenue. I am not defending them as much as understanding the simple business reality. If they are unable to placate everyone, then in damage control mode the simple solution would be to focus on something first.

So if two customers make an appointment with you at the same time and can't be changed, would you prioritise one that make up 98% of your revenue or the one that make up 0.01%?
    This is getting silly. I just gave you an example out of the real world, and you keep ignoring it in Trion's favor. If you run the business well, you shouldn't even be in the desperate need to prioritize. You have staff. You can handle both clients at the same time. The senior sales person can take care of the high roller, and the assitant can handle the casual shopper. Nobody gets hurt, everybody gets what they want, everybody's happy.

Besides, they haven't even prioritized anyone yet, that's something that you came up with. What they have done (once again) is circulate false information because the person who has no clue has failed to check with the ones that do. They are giving false info to their priority customers as well (see quotes above), so techinically, they are treating everyone equally poorly. I'm not sure that helps your case though.

One more thing: a computer game is not a luxury item (like a Rolex or whatever). It cannot be succesfully marketed with a luxury strategy. Having a handful of customers that pay a fortune will not sustain the product. Why not? Because the product needs a population, and a handful of people are not a population. Which is why we are merging again. It's a neverending failure. I said it before, 80% loss. There's a simple business reality for you.

There's really no point patting them on the back for the (failed) attempt to control the avalanche they themselves started. There should be a limit to benevolence. Their behavior is that of companies that are doomed to fail, dragging lots of others with them on their way down, until they finally file for bankruptcy, leaving behind unemployed people (already happening) and a pile of debts (that's next). I have no patience for that sort of thing.

Oscar Wilde on ArcheAge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast