View Poll Results: Are you keeping patron/staying (f2P), or cancelling/leaving?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keeping Patron/Staying

    61 36.97%
  • Cancelling Patron/Leaving

    104 63.03%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 102

  Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Poll: Are You Keeping Patron, or Cancelling?

  1. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenki View Post
    We've picked up some newbies and returning players... The ones who are ready to try to branch out into higher level dungeons / pvp are farming hiram now. We usually help boost them up by helping farm some starter pieces (at least weapon, then maybe help get armor piece for a half hour or so). It's not exactly the team experience that trade running was but it's something a more established group can do. I can tell you that it's way faster and way less of a risk than the previous ("I have an old set of epherium you can borrow" --> player quits). 30 minutes for delphinad level is enough to allow players to start doing the lighter content that we used to do in mag/epherium level armor. When it comes to pvp, they're still squishy without gems, but seeing these people who otherwise were hopeless to gear, now actually able to do some palpable damage, is worth it. So that 4-6k is gonna be able to deal with people who are 7-9k (or at least do significant amount of damage/control) if they know what they're doing, and that's fair enough for the majority of open world interaction.

    I'm trying not to put them on the hiram grind train too hard though; I've seen people burn out putting the game on hold for trade runs because they didn't want to do anything until they were geared, and I'm trying to be careful about losing guildies to that "don't do anything until geared" trap - because as scary as fighting top-100 players are for lower geared players, the majority of what you'd run into outside of worldboss content are not them.

    The real disparity I feel is around 10-12k - I feel like there's some point there where a healer goes from "ahh I'm squishy" to "I can tank almost everything", and DPS with legendary erenor weapons put out ridiculous amounts of damage over everything else, but that's endgame for you lol.

    30 minutes for Delphinad level? Wow. That's news to me. Even if you are talking about just a weapon a new player who just hit 50 - or even 55, is not going to be farming Hiram pieces that fast. Hiram doesn't Start at Delph. It hits Delph around T1 Celestial. That's a lot of pieces to synthesize. And that is talking from experience. New players are not going to be dropping 300 mobs in 30 minutes like Legacy players can.

  2. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    30 minutes for Delphinad level? Wow. That's news to me. Even if you are talking about just a weapon a new player who just hit 50 - or even 55, is not going to be farming Hiram pieces that fast. Hiram doesn't Start at Delph. It hits Delph around T1 Celestial. That's a lot of pieces to synthesize. And that is talking from experience. New players are not going to be dropping 300 mobs in 30 minutes like Legacy players can.
    Hiram matches delph at base level when you pick it up.

    Delphinad Scepter 319 magic attack base.
    Hiram Scepter, 319 magic attack base.

    Ayanad Scepter 389 magic attack base.
    Radian Hiram, 401 magic attack base.

    Ehrenor scepter 503 magic attack base.
    T3 Hiram scepter 472 magic attack base.
    Truth:


    Trion and XL games hates everything I say because its the truth and stings like fire.
    Exposing the weaknesses in your circuit would send most to react in a way to fix the chain.
    Instead we get to see an awkward teen afraid of its flaws hiding them under the rug.

  3. #93
    Senior Member Tenki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Gambledeep
    Posts
    836
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    New players are not going to be dropping 300 mobs in 30 minutes like Legacy players can.
    Andromeda addressed the base stat issue - they're equivalent (other than temper... for now).

    My "30 minute" anecdote in context is that we (existing legacy players) can and have reached out to help some new/returning players (specifically new recruits) by helping them farm, together. That's just a community thing. Not all new players can get that benefit, obviously, but that's just something we have done as a group to help out a little bit, because
    1) Relatively few people try to get mass-group trade runs like they used to, so this is the kind of group activity we can do to help people who are gearing, lol.
    2) New players playing casually and feeling the magic of the game are as healthy for morale internally within a guild as it is for a server in general.

  4. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Whaft View Post
    I agree with your first solution. Thumbs up.

    @2nd Point. Also agree. Give them a system that is manageable, yet not as perk-filled as members, but do not disable their ability to progress by tying a vast majority of hiram, gemming, luna-systems, all to Labor with no offline regen or daily 1k labor pot.

    @4th Point. Here I tend to disagree. My life is scheduled such that I don't have vast amounts of time to play, perhaps 1-2hrs every other day at most. I'd prefer to buy the hiram crates because I don't have the time to grind out hiram, even with the Taffy Loot buffs. That's the appeal for me, and honestly, that is more likely how it was engineered to appeal.

    Kind regards,
    I haven't checked my posts in a while but I wanted to respond to this one. I mentioned in my post one of the best ways to fix the game is to appeal to the casual market. "Grinding is one thing" "Making things impossible or unsatisfying due to RNG is bad"

    "@4th Point. Here I tend to disagree. My life is scheduled such that I don't have vast amounts of time to play, perhaps 1-2hrs every other day at most. I'd prefer to buy the hiram crates because I don't have the time to grind out hiram, even with the Taffy Loot buffs. That's the appeal for me, and honestly, that is more likely how it was engineered to appeal."

    Emphasis on the bold part that I highlighted. I know you don't have vast amounts of time to play, and thats where the grind and RNG factor into it. If hiram infusions didn't have such a completely asinine base drop rate, you wouldn't need to spend 5 hours a day just to grind some. You could spend 30 minutes of that 1-2 hours every other day and get a decent amount of infusions.

    And before you say "Well maybe if the rate is too high progress will go too fast and people will get bored and the sky will fall and people will quit the game and fall asleep and etc etc etc"

    ^ People have already quit the game by the millions, progressing "Too Fast" isn't why they left. There are people with mythic coming out of their ears but they don't quit... there are people who already have erenor sets that long beat out hiram....but they're still playing the game and haven't quit.... maybe, because there's more to enjoy in the game than grinding? You know, its almost as if after these people are done grinding they can finally kick back and have fun playing the rest of the content in the game including fighting against each other.

    The taffy buffs are a lie....just gonna be blunt about it. 200% extra of something small, is still something small...
    Truth:


    Trion and XL games hates everything I say because its the truth and stings like fire.
    Exposing the weaknesses in your circuit would send most to react in a way to fix the chain.
    Instead we get to see an awkward teen afraid of its flaws hiding them under the rug.

  5. #95
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    13
    why so much tears ? trion took your money and game will closed now, haha

  6. #96
    A moot poll.

  7. #97
    Senior Member Godiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    229
    I wouldn't invest in a year's subscription....
    Nostalgia


    Our current focus is to ensure live servers remain available for play. Thanks for your support.

    -Khro

  8. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    955
    Gamigo will keep AA up as long as whales keep paying for their privileges, but if they stop, guess what

  9. #99
    Senior Member Rekikyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,435
    Hey! It's my favorite hacker from Ollo o.o

  10. #100
    Senior Member Rekikyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda Delux View Post
    I haven't checked my posts in a while but I wanted to respond to this one. I mentioned in my post one of the best ways to fix the game is to appeal to the casual market. "Grinding is one thing" "Making things impossible or unsatisfying due to RNG is bad"

    "@4th Point. Here I tend to disagree. My life is scheduled such that I don't have vast amounts of time to play, perhaps 1-2hrs every other day at most. I'd prefer to buy the hiram crates because I don't have the time to grind out hiram, even with the Taffy Loot buffs. That's the appeal for me, and honestly, that is more likely how it was engineered to appeal."

    Emphasis on the bold part that I highlighted. I know you don't have vast amounts of time to play, and thats where the grind and RNG factor into it. If hiram infusions didn't have such a completely asinine base drop rate, you wouldn't need to spend 5 hours a day just to grind some. You could spend 30 minutes of that 1-2 hours every other day and get a decent amount of infusions.

    And before you say "Well maybe if the rate is too high progress will go too fast and people will get bored and the sky will fall and people will quit the game and fall asleep and etc etc etc"

    ^ People have already quit the game by the millions, progressing "Too Fast" isn't why they left. There are people with mythic coming out of their ears but they don't quit... there are people who already have erenor sets that long beat out hiram....but they're still playing the game and haven't quit.... maybe, because there's more to enjoy in the game than grinding? You know, its almost as if after these people are done grinding they can finally kick back and have fun playing the rest of the content in the game including fighting against each other.

    The taffy buffs are a lie....just gonna be blunt about it. 200% extra of something small, is still something small...
    Meh. I like the direction your comment is taking...... but it seems like you trailed off after implying that if the game actually was designed for progression, other people who can't keep up with the p2w cycle could actually close that gap and enjoy that content too.

    And yeah. The people who quit aren't the ubers. It's the people who dream of being one but aren't in a top guild and can't spend $14,000

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts