+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feedback on the 4th Anniversary

Feedback on the 4th Anniversary

So I'd like to give my own feedback on the Archeage 4th Anniversary events and I hope to do so in a constructive manner.

As a player who, I suppose would be classified as, "well-known" in at least the European side of the community, I've also became known for my very constant lack of criticism towards the events and actions through the game. I suppose now is a great time to fully vocalise (type?) my feelings about the current Anniversary event as such a player who has been well regarded in this time and bring a constructive feedback thread, rather than what I have seen in other areas.

---------------------

For the 1st Anniversary we were given lovely gifts of appreciation to enjoy. For those not with us during that time I will shortly explain what we received.

There was Anniversary Quests which, when completed, gave Anniversary Tokens. Those could be exchanged for things such as Anniversary Weapons for us pvpers, or for the rpers in the lot there was cosmetic items too among a range of items.

There was the Anniversary tree which was given once a day for roughly a week if memory serves. This could be harvested 3 times and could yield some great gifts going up to things like Superior Red Regrade Charms and loyalty tokens.

These things were unique, it was interesting to be given these items we had never seen before and it was a treat to partake in.

---------------------

For the 2nd Anniversary I believe it was the THUNDERSTRUCK and ARCHEAGE letter farming event that people remember so well. You would farm these letters in Auroria that turned out to be quite hard but had a very interesting max prize that was available. An Ayanad Weapon/Armor/Accessory which, at the time, was still VERY rare armor.

Players could also receive a nice token from the store that gave
    - 10 Marketplace Tokens
    - 50 Merit Badges (an old currency)
    - 50 Warrior Medals (an old currency)
    - 50 Bound Tax Certificates

Which was pretty cool too, it allowed some people to get mounts they had been trying to get for months (hello carrot dash) and also was great to get a nice pair of wings with Merit Badges etc.

---------------------

The 3rd Anniversary was the infamous Kirby Event which btw I loved even if Diamond Shores became a bloodbath! But I was pirate at the time, so I was in my zone.

For this event ALL players received a lovely pack from the store (for free) that contained:
    - A Title of Thrice Triumphant
    - 1 Victory Ball Attire costume
    - 8 Pieces of Balloon Furniture
    - 4 3rd Anniversary Coins
    - 2 Snowflake Festival Fireworks which gave 20 Loyalty each
    - 3 Round Festival Fireworks which gave 15 Warrior’s Medals each
    - 12 Heart Festival Fireworkds which gave 4 Merit Badges each
    - 1 Homecoming Vehicle Coin which was a temporary 30 day car

These items alone were great, 40 loyalty was a lot for players who were never able to even acquire any, same with all of the fireworks items and the car was a great asset to people on the edge about buying their own.

THEN there was the giant Kirby in the middle of Diamond Shores, that gave great chances for items. There was a chance for some items that were considered unworthy but also a chance for great items too such as the elusive c200 (I hope I spelled that correctly) and armor emblems etc.

Auction house items were able to be listed for a maximum of 3 gold instead of 100 and the Shadowguard festival existed too which brought fun throughout the day.

---------------------

This brings us to the 4th Archeage Anniversary. I feel the particular events of this are lackluster in comparison to the rest. As a player, and while I hate to use these words and some may be surprised to hear it come from me of all people, I do not feel appreciated as a player for having played for this long nor participated in this event.

This event brings the revival of the Watergun festival, which I enjoy but it seems similar to other events when the original Watergun festival was brought. You play 3 times, get 3 times whatever prize and that is it. If I have understood correctly, this also means that players cannot queue more than 3 times per day. If I am to celebrate something, I'd love to do it more than 3 times per day.

Next we have the Taffy loot drop, which lasts 24 hours. It's a lovely notion but badly implemented in my opinion. A lot of players at the moment thrive on mob farming, especially with the introduction of Hiram and what will come in the future. It seems a shame that this item and how it is presented will allow for 1 hour of farming per day, as doing it any other time will not be worth the effort. Furthermore to have an item that is meant to celebrate the anniversary of a game, to have an item that will cannot cause any significant loss or gain financially to disappear from a player in 24 hours seems punishing rather than celebratory.

The free labor potion I have no issue with, thus I have no comment to make about it, I like it and it's been helpful.

I have not yet experienced the Hiram crate, and do not know what it will bring. If the crate is for free and the infusions then I imagine it will be a good item to begin with. It allows players wanting to farm Hiram a place to start, the items are not temporary and there is also a choice in weapon/armor etc which is amazing because I need a shortspear and.. anyways.

EDIT

Following clarification, the crate is only purchasable for credits apparently. This furthers my disappointment of the event and I would liken this to the point below.

Lastly, and I have a large gripe about this one, an Apex sale is not an event worthy for an anniversary. If anything it feels derogatory that it is being sold to us as a special event us players can get when Apex sales happen quite often.

---------------------

What I would like to see would be events that would make us feel more appreciated as players, now I understand with 5.0 and the incoming evolution that planning for this kind of large scale event would have been difficult and perhaps that may have been why it was not as great as some players, and myself, expected.

Many players have voiced their love for the Double Drop style events and I would raise my hand alongside them. With the incoming 5.0, a Double Hiram Drop or even simply a Double Honor/Loot/Vocation as is tradition for any great event would have been a lovely present for ourselves.

I believe that an anniversary event should have something that the players that participate in can have to show that they were part of it. The title of the third was great and unique as, while it didn't have stats, it was great for roleplayers and collectors and it was something quite niche. The trees from the first were both fun to discover what you could receive and the anticipation of opening your present because almost everything was a lovely present to have.

The gifts of the 3rd also, with the fancy costume and loyalty etc was like a birthday present and, from what I remember reading, made players feel very welcome into the game, welcomed back or thankful for the gift.

It's these past events that have brought our anticipation for this event so high and sadly, even mine have been dashed by this. It was 6am here in the UK while writing this, so I hope that it made sense.

---------

The short version is, this event does not feel rewarding for the years many of us have spent playing and trying to grow with this game. The items feel like a temporary thing to keep us satisfied until the merges but sadly, as a player anticipating the anniversary, this does not feel satisfactory.

Thank you for your time! Please keep feedback constructive

ps I miss the dragon in falcorth event can we have that back
    Sparxu
    Queen of Lizards
    SHATIGON
    <Targaryen>

STAND BY PRINCE YATEO C
    ALL HAIL YATEO C

Quote Originally Posted by SparxIsGrounded View Post
    I have not yet experienced the Hiram crate, and do not know what it will bring. If the crate is for free and the infusions then I imagine it will be a good item to begin with. It allows players wanting to farm Hiram a place to start, the items are not temporary and there is also a choice in weapon/armor etc which is amazing because I need a shortspear and.. anyways.
    ps I miss the dragon in falcorth event can we have that back
    The announcement says they are for purchase with credits, sadly not free:

I have updated my original post, thank you!
    Sparxu
    Queen of Lizards
    SHATIGON
    <Targaryen>

STAND BY PRINCE YATEO C
    ALL HAIL YATEO C

Sparx, you did say the right words!
    All the anniversary events in the past were great.. but with this one ( and all the news round about Trion ) in this year it makes me sad. I get the feeling that there is something behind the scene which could not be good for all of us.. I hope that Khrolan could clarify all today in the livestream, or in a long letter..
    As i look also in Korea, and see all the changes there, we need an answer what coming next, otherwise we could be in a situation that we do not celebrate a 5th anniversary.
    And please, if Trion is at the moment in a bad shape, or the contract with XLGames is near end... or something else.. let the community know... i think many players would understand this, but if you are not telling us real problems, the customers will be gone and never come back..
    Kurita

Member of the "White Knight Foundation" :-)
    EU - Haranya / KR - Haranya / RU - Haranya :-)

Unfortunately I was on hiatus for the first anniversary, after being a founder but not being able to play for the next year, yet it appears the swag wasn't bad. I got the Tamed Seabug for the 2nd anniversary. A pretty funny mount that was good for water or land. The Goldfish mount for the 3rd anniversary was very weak and the Corgi pets were lackluster, seeing as we already had so many variations. The costume wasn't a bad touch.

I don't even see a reason for logging in for this anniversary event, seeing as there is nothing worth getting. Some buffs and a water gun event we'd already had. A few labor pots to (kind of) make up for the increasing labor costs of everything. Nothing original. No mounts, costumes, pets, vehicles, boats or weapons...

+ Reply to Thread