+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: To ; Trion Brasse

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Feedback is VERY important to every game, regardless of platform or genre.

In game development, it is very important to listen to feedback and review data, for a combination of qualitative and quantitative feedback. An important aspect of our role as Community Managers is to bring the information to the Dev teams and allow them to take everything into consideration when making changes for the games.

The game dev team is tasked with making the best game possible, within parameters of personnel, technology, and yes, revenue. Without the latter, the game ceases to exist. Finding the balance between all points is a challenging task, to say the least. Not every request will be fulfilled, and sometimes the plans for the game are at odds with an individual's or a group's wishes.

Please DO keep providing feedback. I can tell you that XL is very, very interested in it and reads our reports closely. As players, we all benefit from reading the opinions of others as well. I want to personally thank you for this well-written and civil contribution to the discussions.

I will continue to moderate off-topic posts that appear in Official Feedback threads such as the Evo thread - it is important to keep those from derailing. That discussion can carry on in other places!
    Brasse
    don't let xl games remove obsidian from the gear list by not further expanding on the gear like they did in korea... in na/eu. don't make players who have played this game since the beginning who chose to select obsidian when it came out and progressed using that system virtually quit because of this or force them to accept that they've wasted years of time trying to obtain this gear or tons of money.. it literally takes years to obtain the gear they've made irrelevant by not releasing the next tier in the obsidian line and by removing it from the selection for fresh start servers. its a literal slap in the face to legacy players who were here since early patches.
    hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by StrappedBunny View Post
    don't let xl games remove obsidian from the gear list by not further expanding on the gear like they did in korea... in na/eu. don't make players who have played this game since the beginning who chose to select obsidian when it came out and progressed using that system virtually quit because of this or force them to accept that they've wasted years of time trying to obtain this gear or tons of money.. it literally takes years to obtain the gear they've made irrelevant by not releasing the next tier in the obsidian line and by removing it from the selection for fresh start servers. its a literal slap in the face to legacy players who were here since early patches.
    sometimes a change is needed. I have complete obsidian gears myself, and I don't like the news about obsidian getting discontinued, but I have to admit that sometimes changes are needed in order to shape a better world.

one mistake we did is pleading that the old lunagems to be still usable and trion granted it.
    but the downside is we can't break them down into honors (koreans get it). I still regret that day I was happy trion granted our wish, cos I have a ton of gems I can't convert back to honor. lol

besides, discontinuation of obsidian gears doesn't mean the gear crafted cannot be used. they only remove the production system, but the gear you already have can be used as it is, or broken down into exp enhancers (either for hiram / erenor-- as I have read in other threads).
    ❤ Firish ❤ Airish ❤ Fye ❤
    Thunderwing - East

"Tell me, Princess, now when did you last let your heart decide?"

my gear was legendary t7. just the legendary part was quite a bit of money but making it t7 took months of grinding

OP you are not even a close to real whales like Tammuz in finances. Funny enough you never find real whales trying to post their higher being agenda here

It's hardly feedback, it's just the same thing over & over

Bot : "Trion I spend a lot of money, you must say sorry"

Trion: "Ok, sorry"

Bot: "Kthx I'll be back next week after I ate another dictionary and sold some more apex"

I see a lot of people quite frustrated with Trion Worlds for things they literally have no or very little control over. From what I can tell they manage the servers and control exactly what is, and is not on the cash shop from a pool of items. They can make requests for features and or bug fixes, and XL may or may not read them or even care. So when you have your complaint about them removing a piece of gear or some other main game-play mechanic that has changed, bringing your gripes to Trion Worlds is mostly falling on deaf ears; they can be sympathetic to your concerns and tell you they "bring the information to the Dev teams and allow them to take everything into consideration when making changes for the games." That's is as good as it gets my friend. XL Will continue to listen mostly to their Korean players / original vision and player data analytics, while localization teams will implement what ever is given to them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2