+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: @Khrolan et All, Feedback on Malediction

@Khrolan et All, Feedback on Malediction

Hey Team,

Just want to say, great stream, sucks for the brief technical difficulty. I love a lot of the coming changes.

Malediction however... I feel as if it takes away from the versatility of the players choice. By that I mean Now there isn't anything to separate one executioner from the other etc. Don't Get me wrong. All the skills and passives look exciting and cool. And I'm aware that these skills aren't finalized. But removing the existing Abyssal skills as Augments and making them their own tree I think will eliminate their use all together.

Perhaps if it were Like the Ancestral tree and had it's own menu, and the players were allowed to unlock them with perhaps exp/honor/crystals in the same order as before but choose up to 3 or however many Maldiction skills to combine with/augment their current skills, Or move some of them to the Ancestral skill tree.

I say this because i feel that the presented skills lack a means of truly flowing with the class combos we are all familiar with. And while Expansion is welcome, i simply feel that these skills are being misplaced in their Utility. They look more like an Augmenting tree rather than a stand alone class. Again, i know it's not final, I'm just laying it on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaias View Post
    Hey Team,

Just want to say, great stream, sucks for the brief technical difficulty. I love a lot of the coming changes.

Malediction however... I feel as if it takes away from the versatility of the players choice. By that I mean Now there isn't anything to separate one executioner from the other etc. Don't Get me wrong. All the skills and passives look exciting and cool. And I'm aware that these skills aren't finalized. But removing the existing Abyssal skills as Augments and making them their own tree I think will eliminate their use all together.

Perhaps if it were Like the Ancestral tree and had it's own menu, and the players were allowed to unlock them with perhaps exp/honor/crystals in the same order as before but choose up to 3 or however many Maldiction skills to combine with/augment their current skills, Or move some of them to the Ancestral skill tree.

I say this because i feel that the presented skills lack a means of truly flowing with the class combos we are all familiar with. And while Expansion is welcome, i simply feel that these skills are being misplaced in their Utility. They look more like an Augmenting tree rather than a stand alone class. Again, i know it's not final, I'm just laying it on the table.
    Its just a nerf.

All they did was make abyssal skills less attractive and harder to run on melee while at the same time nerfing their viability for previous magic classes that used to use these skills. And if these skills were part of your main kit you are now wedged into a magic tree where you may only want 1 skill to make up for the loss....
    Truth:

Trion and XL games hates everything I say because its the truth and stings like fire.
    Exposing the weaknesses in your circuit would send most to react in a way to fix the chain.
    Instead we get to see an awkward teen afraid of its flaws hiding them under the rug.

Why do you keep saying it's not final? It's been out in korea for a while so sounds pretty final to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SamKook View Post
    Why do you keep saying it's not final? It's been out in korea for a while so sounds pretty final to me.
    Go back and listen more closely. What they said was that the translated text on the tooltips and skill descriptions was not final. They never said the skills themselves were subject to change.

I was never that fond of the way Abyssal Skills were implemented in the first place, and it seems like a lot of people didn't really use them once the novelty wore off, so I think moving them to their own skill tree will be a good thing. Besides, it's interesting to have some new combinations to play with.

As for any impressions of the new skill tree, that will have to wait until we have a chance to use it!

I hope that after this, XL will let combat changes settle for a while and concentrate on other aspects of the game, though.

Quote Originally Posted by romonster View Post
    I was never that fond of the way Abyssal Skills were implemented in the first place, and it seems like a lot of people didn't really use them once the novelty wore off, so I think moving them to their own skill tree will be a good thing. Besides, it's interesting to have some new combinations to play with.

As for any impressions of the new skill tree, that will have to wait until we have a chance to use it!

I hope that after this, XL will let combat changes settle for a while and concentrate on other aspects of the game, though.

I couldn't agree more. We need either more Dungeons or more raid activities in general. The monotony is real when it comes to Dailies. And there isn't much to attract Starting players. They can't build houses. Most can't run their comps 24/7 to get labor. Gotta have something out there other than grind.

Top it off, seasoned players: Gear's too good for us to go back through our old stomping grounds. Perhaps make Expert modes or Shadow Bosses for each of the dungeons we have with increased rewards, or maybe a new one in the Hiram Mountains? Aegis and Whalesong are barren now because Larceny was nerfed a few patches ago. There is literally no reason to be there. Thus they don't go to war. Even with the gold increase on the coin purses, you end up throwing away hundreds trying to get the right Hiram gear (In the appropriate areas. I know there are no Hiram mobs in Aegis and Whalesong).

Regrade Scrolls are about to flood the market because with Aurorian packs gone theres very little reason to live up there other than Braziers and Archeum Trees, lest I misunderstand the patronage system and Guilds residing in their own territories pay taxes to their lords... Point being, we're running into a corner when it comes to content and both High GS and Low GS activity.

Rest in peace, Void Leap abuse. The most hilarious and silly gameplay I've had in years, I just wish I had discovered this for myself back when Abyssal skills first came out, instead of just a few months ago. Really going to miss this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHhc...outu.be&t=1567
    Gameprooe, the Executioner of Enla West
    Solo Player, Researcher, Theorycrafter
    Playing Immortalist full-time on Wynn

Twitch - Twitch.tv/gamepro03
    YouTube - Gamepro03
    Twitter @Gamepro03

Archeage Research & Development Discord - Now public!
    This Discord server's purpose is to mass a collection of like-minded individuals who seek to test and explore the secrets of mechanics behind Archeage. Feel free to hop on by and help out with the project!

Go back and listen more closely. What they said was that the translated text on the tooltips and skill descriptions was not final. They never said the skills themselves were subject to change.
    I didn't watch the livestream so had no clue about it, but sounds like OP thinks the skills themselves aren't final.

Some are garbage but some are really good. I use both of the vitalism abyssal skills a lot and now, even if I was willing to switch my class to try the new tree, they're not in there so I don't even have the option to still use them.

And I'm pretty sure the shoot from a longer range skill is gone too for my archer so no more killing squids(forgot their actual name) for fun/revenge against all the annoying attacks they do, sad.

Since the new skill are pretty much all magic based, the tree is useless for a lot of people so anyone who were actually using the abyssal skill a lot are getting nerfed hard with this update. Healing is going to be, yet again, less fun than it used to

And since they never fixed the "you're stuck in combat mode so you can't use the regular resurrection skill until you fight again after getting killed" bug, that's going to be a lot more annoying without the combat res alternative.

Its about time they removed serp sight and made mages aoe kings again, xl is even buffing wave meteor and arc lightning while nerfing archer and and battlerage damage in the patchs after 5.0. Its about time mages got some love and xl will keep on giving for the next few patchs

I agree with OP. They are basically removing half a skill tree of worth of customization for every class and replacing it with a single redesigned cc tree that probably only cc mages would use? From other info I've seen, I think they will eventually be making all passives automatically skill based on the number of active skills that are chosen in a tree.

Seems like almost all of XL's recent changes with gear and skills are streamlining the game so that there are very few actual build or gear choices.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast