+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: CC is out of control. Please fix

CC is out of control. Please fix

Tonight I had someone troll me in a way I have never been trolled before. I was loot drop potted and trying to farm hiram bottles. Someone cc locked me for 15 minutes which effectively wasted a lot of my loot drop pots.

That shouldn't be possible. I couldn't run away because he wouldn't let me and he couldn't kill me so it was basically me standing there watching my char be incapacitated. Me trying to run and getting incapacitated...

You absolutely need to fix that. If ANY of the XL devs think that is good gameplay then they should be replaced immediately because that is CRAP game mechanics and obviously very easy to abuse. It is not fun sitting there watching your character be incapacitated while you wait to be able to take an action.

Having your character incapacitated for a minute is too long because it removes skill based play from the game by simply disallowing you from taking any actions. 15 minutes is straight up ridiculous.

His primary source of damage was that completely broken griffin glider. I guess they decided having an insta-immunity glider wasn't bad enough so they added a mass fall damage glider on top of that (also very bad game design).

I have been exceptionally disappointed with what they have been doing to pvp... It used to be skill based and interesting. I feel like most of the changes since 2.9 have been net negative. I used to like the pvp in this game when player skill mattered.

CC has been out of control for a long time, they failed to remedy the situation when they messed with the skills last time and pretty much made it worse, like a lot of things.

CC is not broken it's just a way to play. He couldn't kill you and you couldn't kill him. It is not fun to play like this, but hey this is a MMO, call a friend, call in nation, someone will come to help, he won't be able to incapacitate both of you for 15mn ! He made you wast 15mn of drop pots, well that was his point i guess, as a wild PVP player. CC is not so op, for some classes it is the only thing they can do, and it may be very annoying in 1v1, it is not op in small scale or raid PVP, it's just an important part of a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Oerendir View Post
    CC is not broken it's just a way to play. He couldn't kill you and you couldn't kill him. It is not fun to play like this, but hey this is a MMO, call a friend, call in nation, someone will come to help, he won't be able to incapacitate both of you for 15mn ! He made you wast 15mn of drop pots, well that was his point i guess, as a wild PVP player. CC is not so op, for some classes it is the only thing they can do, and it may be very annoying in 1v1, it is not op in small scale or raid PVP, it's just an important part of a group.
    If it's not broken, then how come some cc skills have diminishing returns while other cc skills do not?

Yep, CC is idiotic in it's current state. It was one of the primary things complained about before the great skill change a while back. XL heard us complaining that CC was horrible and needed to be toned down so they made it more powerful, made almost every spec that is good completely rely on it, and reduced the ability to avoid it. Then they gave a few insanely OP specs so much crit and crit damage that they will nearly alway kill peoe i their CC without the victim even being able to react or even play... it's some of the worst spec/PVP design I've ever seen in any PVP focused game in my many decades of gaming.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Oerendir View Post
    You think it's ok for one player to be able to CC lock and harass another player indefinitely with literally no counter? I don't know what to say to that. You think the solution is to call out in nation for support? That's not a solution. For starters, I don't think anyone would come to get cc'd and have the guy run away.

You think it's not OP in raid vs raid. I would disagree there and I think it's also obvious. It's OP in general. It's especially broken when used to troll as this guy did. Burning my loot drop pots just to be a jerk. Tying me up and disabling the game for me for 15 minutes just to be a jerk. If you think that's ok to have in the game then I don't think you are in the majority opinion. It's bad game mechanics and it needs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    Yep, CC is idiotic in it's current state. It was one of the primary things complained about before the great skill change a while back. XL heard us complaining that CC was horrible and needed to be toned down so they made it more powerful, made almost every spec that is good completely rely on it, and reduced the ability to avoid it. Then they gave a few insanely OP specs so much crit and crit damage that they will nearly alway kill peoe i their CC without the victim even being able to react or even play... it's some of the worst spec/PVP design I've ever seen in any PVP focused game in my many decades of gaming.
    You obviously know what I'm talking about

Yes, just another way they have been systematically removing skill based play from the game. They need to walk that back.

Defiance was on cooldown I take it?
    Yeah, getting locked down really bites, but I hear there are a lot of counter measures available.

unlucky brother...
    < DISASTER WORLD CHAMPS >

Don't most of the longer duration CC like fear, sleep and bubble break on damage? Surely a mob that respawn would hit you just by random chance. Not sure how long trip combos can CC individuals though. Always die to it before the cycle resets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast