+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: CC is out of control. Please fix

Quote Originally Posted by Mangogogo View Post
    Don't most of the longer duration CC like fear, sleep and bubble break on damage? Surely a mob that respawn would hit you just by random chance. Not sure how long trip combos can CC individuals though. Always die to it before the cycle resets.
    He was repeatedly locking me down while he waited for his griffin glider cooldown so he could try to launch me into the air for massive fall damage (Also very bad design). When that wasn't working I guess his plan was to keep me cc'd indefinitely to see if I would fall asleep from the absolutely horrible pvp. He was also using a lot of item use effects while he waited on the cd on his skills. Every time I tried to run away he would just use item use effects to pull me off my mount and his movement was faster so I was stuck putting up with this.

Wasting my loot drop pots was probably just a negative side effect.

What I really don't understand is why anyone thinks it is good to disable aspects of someone's character. If you're disabling actions on someone's character you are removing the impact of them taking actions which naturally removes skill based play from the game. If you can't take an action to impact game play then there is no skill involved.

PVP in this game devolved into 1 shot kills and cc lock. It used to be a lot more interactive and fun. It used to be a lot more skill based. I guess they decided they wanted pvp to require no skill but that's not my preference nor is it preferred to any of the pvpers I know. Pvpers like when skill matters. Non-pvpers that want to look like pvpers like simple systems that a 6 yr old could handle (my 6 yr old actually facerolled her way to a pvp kill when she was 5).

It needs to be fixed.

I've play since alpha with many break.
    CC, classe balance in general and crafting economies are all total crap since day 1.

Nothing is gonna change I can promise you. Each time they change something, each time is getting worst than before.

LMAO, Thanks for the publicity.

Sincerely,
    That CC mage

Quote Originally Posted by Dajalolzz View Post
    LMAO, Thanks for the publicity.

Sincerely,
    That CC mage
    Then you can attest that I didn't misrepresent the flawed game mechanics

Another reason people leave the game and many servers are being merged. Nobody likes to lose control of their toons for extended periods of time, yet here we are with a class that can waste someones time for 15 minutes or more. RIP AA the potential was so huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    Yep, CC is idiotic in it's current state. It was one of the primary things complained about before the great skill change a while back. XL heard us complaining that CC was horrible and needed to be toned down so they made it more powerful, made almost every spec that is good completely rely on it, and reduced the ability to avoid it. Then they gave a few insanely OP specs so much crit and crit damage that they will nearly alway kill peoe i their CC without the victim even being able to react or even play... it's some of the worst spec/PVP design I've ever seen in any PVP focused game in my many decades of gaming.
    I have to absolutely agree here. When I came back for 4.0 and tried a bunch of specs, I found the CC's to be out of control, and found they had eliminated most of the immunity and counters for them. I had no problem whatsoever with the old specs since each class had a counter class that could take care of things. DR's weren't OP... A Paladin or Blighter would make minced meat out of a glass cannon. Now the 'tank' dps classes don't have counters. I can similarly run a CC class mage and keep someone tied up indefinitely with modest to low gear score now. I'll stick with my earlier assessment: Starting with 2.9, every update has made game play worse, rather than enhanced it.

I'm trying to understand, how you were CC locked for 15 minutes straight without the CC's going into immunity? Cause 3 of the same CC= immunity to that CC for like 30 seconds. So, considering the longest CC's available and their monsterous cooldowns how were you not able to just walk away?
    Truth:

Trion and XL games hates everything I say because its the truth and stings like fire.
    Exposing the weaknesses in your circuit would send most to react in a way to fix the chain.
    Instead we get to see an awkward teen afraid of its flaws hiding them under the rug.

Don't take anti-CC skills. Pay for that. Complain that CC is out of control. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    He was repeatedly locking me down while he waited for his griffin glider cooldown so he could try to launch me into the air for massive fall damage (Also very bad design). When that wasn't working I guess his plan was to keep me cc'd indefinitely to see if I would fall asleep from the absolutely horrible pvp. He was also using a lot of item use effects while he waited on the cd on his skills. Every time I tried to run away he would just use item use effects to pull me off my mount and his movement was faster so I was stuck putting up with this.

Wasting my loot drop pots was probably just a negative side effect.

What I really don't understand is why anyone thinks it is good to disable aspects of someone's character. If you're disabling actions on someone's character you are removing the impact of them taking actions which naturally removes skill based play from the game. If you can't take an action to impact game play then there is no skill involved.

PVP in this game devolved into 1 shot kills and cc lock. It used to be a lot more interactive and fun. It used to be a lot more skill based. I guess they decided they wanted pvp to require no skill but that's not my preference nor is it preferred to any of the pvpers I know. Pvpers like when skill matters. Non-pvpers that want to look like pvpers like simple systems that a 6 yr old could handle (my 6 yr old actually facerolled her way to a pvp kill when she was 5).

It needs to be fixed.
    If you can get on a mount, aren't you not locked in CC for 15mins?

Damage, CC and healing are all very high in the current state of the game. I'm a melee who spends large amounts of time in CC but without it, melee would kill almost everything very quickly. I don't think CC in particular is overpowered.

In that instance it sounds like you both lost... I assume you were actually trying to farm for those 15 minutes. If you literally could not escape then that's a player skill issue because hard cc is much more limited than that.
    Zeferres ~ 12.7k og songcraft meleeYoutube

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast