+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 107

Thread: CC is out of control. Please fix

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    338
    you are truly welcome friend <3
    Raxkappa <Disaster> 55 Revenant/Skullknight-
    Twitch



  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by RaxRaxRax View Post
    you are truly welcome friend <3
    Don't be that guy, love.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤


    Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/xXBigBossCross1?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/pewsivraj

  3. #23
    Senior Member Tenki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Gambledeep
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    I have to absolutely agree here. When I came back for 4.0 and tried a bunch of specs, I found the CC's to be out of control, and found they had eliminated most of the immunity and counters for them. I had no problem whatsoever with the old specs since each class had a counter class that could take care of things. DR's weren't OP... A Paladin or Blighter would make minced meat out of a glass cannon. Now the 'tank' dps classes don't have counters. I can similarly run a CC class mage and keep someone tied up indefinitely with modest to low gear score now. I'll stick with my earlier assessment: Starting with 2.9, every update has made game play worse, rather than enhanced it.
    So this thread, a (likely?) DPS is complaining that it's screwed by CC. You propose that tank DPS classes don't have counters. This thread complains that tanks are screwed by songcraft, while I argue that Songcraft is screwed by Witchcraft... it's almost as if there are counters lol.

    @OP:
    I'm not sure what class you play, and really, I don't even know what kind of mage you were being CC'd by for so long but I can almost bet you're not playing Auramancy :;

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangogogo View Post
    If you can get on a mount, aren't you not locked in CC for 15mins?
    When I say I was CC locked for 15 minutes I am saying that I was locked in a fight where I was chain cc'd to the point where I could not run away and neither of us could kill each other. I had to heal myself obviously because he was trying to kill me. Every time I tried to mount up and run away he would either use the griffin glider or lasso to pull me. he might have been using another use item to do other OP crap... Regardless, I was forced into the fight and it was a very boring fight. It was garbage gameplay and that needs to be fixed.

    Use items are out of control too...

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Terr View Post
    Don't take anti-CC skills. Pay for that. Complain that CC is out of control. /s
    I wasn't looking for pvp. I was farming mobs to work on my gear and he locked me down preventing farming. Trolling for literally no benefit to him but wasted my pots.

    I don't see how anyone would look at the CC in this game and conclude it is not out of control. It's not the only thing out of control. It's one of many things that are out of control. It's like several classes have something that is gamebreaking which is why the pvp is crap now. I'm trying to identify the problems so that hopefully the xl devs will fix them (wishful thinking... they keep doubling down on the problems; making them worse)

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyres View Post
    Damage, CC and healing are all very high in the current state of the game. I'm a melee who spends large amounts of time in CC but without it, melee would kill almost everything very quickly. I don't think CC in particular is overpowered.

    In that instance it sounds like you both lost... I assume you were actually trying to farm for those 15 minutes. If you literally could not escape then that's a player skill issue because hard cc is much more limited than that.
    If you can lock someone out of playing the game for 15 minutes there is a problem. If you can 1 shot someone in full Erenor gear there's a problem.

    Both classes are broken. DPS is completely imbalanced. So is CC. I've played FPS games that were less 1 shot kill than this game and you don't even aim attacks in this game.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenki View Post
    So this thread, a (likely?) DPS is complaining that it's screwed by CC. You propose that tank DPS classes don't have counters. This thread complains that tanks are screwed by songcraft, while I argue that Songcraft is screwed by Witchcraft... it's almost as if there are counters lol.

    @OP:
    I'm not sure what class you play, and really, I don't even know what kind of mage you were being CC'd by for so long but I can almost bet you're not playing Auramancy :;
    My main character is raid support with basically no attacks. My alt is dps with basically no survivability. The guy that attacked me was about 2k+ higher gs than my main but 6k+ higher gs than my alt. He killed my alt in seconds which meant I didn't have a way to do significant damage to him. My antithesis was hitting him for basically nothing. Like I said, use a dps alt to kill things because it is MUCH more efficient to farm mobs for your healer than it is to farm mobs with your healer. All you need to be a DPS alt is a weapon. Granted, the alt is dead immediately if you're attacked.

    I'm simply making the point that you should not be able to use a combination of CC and use items to lock people out of the game for 15 minutes. I don't care what the class combination is. That's garbage game mechanics if that is EVER possible. The point of playing games is to have fun and if your entire experience is sitting there waiting for CC to end, healing back the damage they did while you were cc'd... That's crap game mechanics.

    Disabling someone's character removes skill from the equation. 1 shotting someone's character also removes skill from the equation. Both make for garbage pvp. Both are big problems in the current meta that I hope to see fixed.

    I say all this because the last 3 major patches have made the game more and more face roll and I want pvp to be skill based again. I can't think of any changes in the 4.5 patch that improved pvp.

    I understand your point with hard counters. You're referring to the transition from skill based game mechanics into rock paper scissors game mechanics. I prefer skill based game mechanics which is what I am lobbying for here. My 6 yr old can play rock paper scissors as well as anyone else. She can also play a typical AA character as well as anyone else because the skill system has become rock paper scissors. I prefer gameplay where skill is a factor.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    837
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    When I say I was CC locked for 15 minutes I am saying that I was locked in a fight where I was chain cc'd to the point where I could not run away and neither of us could kill each other. I had to heal myself obviously because he was trying to kill me. Every time I tried to mount up and run away he would either use the griffin glider or lasso to pull me. he might have been using another use item to do other OP crap... Regardless, I was forced into the fight and it was a very boring fight. It was garbage gameplay and that needs to be fixed.

    Use items are out of control too...
    Don't heal yourself, respawn, and farm another area? *shrugs*

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangogogo View Post
    Don't heal yourself, respawn, and farm another area? *shrugs*
    So your solution is to forfeit? Lol

    I'm just pointing out something that's broken so it can be fixed. Of course I could just add some cheese to my build and do unto others.

  10. #30
    Senior Member tinukeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    My main character is raid support with basically no attacks. My alt is dps with basically no survivability. The guy that attacked me was about 2k+ higher gs than my main but 6k+ higher gs than my alt. He killed my alt in seconds which meant I didn't have a way to do significant damage to him. My antithesis was hitting him for basically nothing. Like I said, use a dps alt to kill things because it is MUCH more efficient to farm mobs for your healer than it is to farm mobs with your healer. All you need to be a DPS alt is a weapon. Granted, the alt is dead immediately if you're attacked.

    I'm simply making the point that you should not be able to use a combination of CC and use items to lock people out of the game for 15 minutes. I don't care what the class combination is. That's garbage game mechanics if that is EVER possible. The point of playing games is to have fun and if your entire experience is sitting there waiting for CC to end, healing back the damage they did while you were cc'd... That's crap game mechanics.

    Disabling someone's character removes skill from the equation. 1 shotting someone's character also removes skill from the equation. Both make for garbage pvp. Both are big problems in the current meta that I hope to see fixed.

    I say all this because the last 3 major patches have made the game more and more face roll and I want pvp to be skill based again. I can't think of any changes in the 4.5 patch that improved pvp.

    I understand your point with hard counters. You're referring to the transition from skill based game mechanics into rock paper scissors game mechanics. I prefer skill based game mechanics which is what I am lobbying for here. My 6 yr old can play rock paper scissors as well as anyone else. She can also play a typical AA character as well as anyone else because the skill system has become rock paper scissors. I prefer gameplay where skill is a factor.
    I don't understand why non-dps classes, while they're farming mobs, don't switch to a dps skill set?
    Your weapon probably has plenty of melee attack as-is.
    Switch over to Battlerage, run Frenzy, DONE. No need for alts.

    In another thread there is a video of a guy farming Reed with LITERALLY just a green weapon (Faded Lost Garden), an instrument and a glider.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts