+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 107

Thread: CC is out of control. Please fix

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by tinukeda View Post
    I don't understand why non-dps classes, while they're farming mobs, don't switch to a dps skill set?
    Your weapon probably has plenty of melee attack as-is.
    Switch over to Battlerage, run Frenzy, DONE. No need for alts.

    In another thread there is a video of a guy farming Reed with LITERALLY just a green weapon (Faded Lost Garden), an instrument and a glider.
    I must admit, with a hiram weapon itself, you can grind these mobs pretty quick and painless, especially with range.
    Pew
    <The Shadehunting Master>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤


    Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Sivrajgaming?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/trusivraj

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by tinukeda View Post
    I don't understand why non-dps classes, while they're farming mobs, don't switch to a dps skill set?
    Your weapon probably has plenty of melee attack as-is.
    Switch over to Battlerage, run Frenzy, DONE. No need for alts.

    In another thread there is a video of a guy farming Reed with LITERALLY just a green weapon (Faded Lost Garden), an instrument and a glider.
    The answer is simple if I speak for myself, I don't like playing melee, magic attack is extremely low and ranged not that great(but better now that I'm done with hiram farming). But if the mobs aren't ccing me all the time(like the ones that drop xp pots), I can easily aoe farm with my healer fairly fast.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    125
    I think this is rich.
    You were attacked by a guy with about 2k+ higher GS.
    While for many other classes such fight would be very short, you actually were able to survive for 15 minutes.
    Now you are making the point that healers (a support class) should be completely untouchable in solo PVP.
    What sort of balance is that?

    I agree that it would be great to see some adjustments to CC skills, but damage-to-healing abilities need to be removed first.

  4. #34
    Senior Member Tenki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Gambledeep
    Posts
    804
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    I understand your point with hard counters. You're referring to the transition from skill based game mechanics into rock paper scissors game mechanics. I prefer skill based game mechanics which is what I am lobbying for here. My 6 yr old can play rock paper scissors as well as anyone else. She can also play a typical AA character as well as anyone else because the skill system has become rock paper scissors. I prefer gameplay where skill is a factor.
    The Rock-Paper-Scissors has always been there though - the thing was, in the past, almost every meta class brought Auramancy with them, which countered Stuns and Impale (where most of the CCs came from the equally popular Shadowplay-Overwhelm and Occultism-Hell Spear), silence/shackle, optional magic immunity, AND gave mobility. It only felt player-skill based when you were playing top-tier (ex: Auramancy) classes that had answers to CCs, or had a class that could equally CC-DPS someone down as long as you landed first. But if you didn't have Auramancy, you were relegated to backline/support only because your life was over if you got hit by impale, or if you got overwhelmed by an assassin and didn't have Songcraft as an alternate stunbreak.

    In 4.5, Defense counters Stun/Impale, Snare is a more dangerous status, and Auramancy is 'downgraded' to counter almost all of Witchcraft (Anti-fear, anti-sleep, anti-confinement*, among other things); People have dropped Auramancy now in favor of Occultism, and high damage/heal/CC classes leave themselves open to Stun/Impale because they don't carry Defense. Compared to similar gear, you can no longer be high-damage/heal output without sacrificing the ability to break CCs.

    *Eagle glider is confine, Deep freeze is confine, petrify is confine, bubble is confine.

    If you're getting CC'd for 15 minutes, I can almost guarantee Witchcraft is involved there, because Witch has the kind of CCs that -can- delay long enough that careful juggling can wait out the CC timers, and you're not breaking out of Witchcraft without Auramancy.

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Terr View Post
    I think this is rich.
    You were attacked by a guy with about 2k+ higher GS.
    While for many other classes such fight would be very short, you actually were able to survive for 15 minutes.
    Now you are making the point that healers (a support class) should be completely untouchable in solo PVP.
    What sort of balance is that?

    I agree that it would be great to see some adjustments to CC skills, but damage-to-healing abilities need to be removed first.
    That is a straw man argument.

    I was able to survive because of the stupid Rock Paper Scissors changes. Cloth armor vs very low magic damage. Most of his attack was abusing the griffin glider to fall damage me for most of my hp.

    The same Rock Paper Scissors nonsense allows me to be 1 shorted by attackers with much lower gear score.

    None of this has anything to do with the fact that it's possible to lock someone in cc for way too long.

  6. #36
    Senior Member tinukeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,729
    Quote Originally Posted by SamKook View Post
    The answer is simple if I speak for myself, I don't like playing melee, magic attack is extremely low and ranged not that great(but better now that I'm done with hiram farming). But if the mobs aren't ccing me all the time(like the ones that drop xp pots), I can easily aoe farm with my healer fairly fast.
    Well, there's nothing *fun* about farming anyway ...

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    That is a straw man argument.

    I was able to survive because of the stupid Rock Paper Scissors changes. Cloth armor vs very low magic damage. Most of his attack was abusing the griffin glider to fall damage me for most of my hp.

    The same Rock Paper Scissors nonsense allows me to be 1 shorted by attackers with much lower gear score.

    None of this has anything to do with the fact that it's possible to lock someone in cc for way too long.
    Why? You were able to heal yourself for so long? Why CC-ing someone so such long is our of control?
    It's not like your opponent casted 1 skill and went away. He actually wasted the same amount of time casting bubbles and jumping on eagle.

    As ppl pointed out, you could stop healing yourself and respawn.
    You could slowly move to Nui and stop this fight.

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Terr View Post
    Why? You were able to heal yourself for so long? Why CC-ing someone so such long is our of control?
    It's not like your opponent casted 1 skill and went away. He actually wasted the same amount of time casting bubbles and jumping on eagle.

    As ppl pointed out, you could stop healing yourself and respawn.
    You could slowly move to Nui and stop this fight.

    What's the point of playing a healing class if you can't effectively heal yourself? Is he supposed to give up the fight just because he chose a support class as his main?


    To OP:
    In my opinion, this game has never been skill based, Darkrunners have ruled this game for over 2.5 years and now they made other CC classes ridiculous. I do hope that they fix these issues but I'm not holding my breath. The pvp in this game has always been unbalanced, and it will stay so I'm afraid.
    ArcheAge player since Closed Beta


    Gözlerinin dokunduğu her mekan memleketim

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    So your solution is to forfeit? Lol

    I'm just pointing out something that's broken so it can be fixed. Of course I could just add some cheese to my build and do unto others.
    If you value your time so much to make this post, why not?

    As someone else has pointed out, your situation could be put in another way, someone with 2k GS more than you couldn't kill you solo.

    If you can attack, heal, mount up during this, I don't see how it is CC lock for 15 minutes in your situation.

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangogogo View Post
    If you value your time so much to make this post, why not?

    As someone else has pointed out, your situation could be put in another way, someone with 2k GS more than you couldn't kill you solo.

    If you can attack, heal, mount up during this, I don't see how it is CC lock for 15 minutes in your situation.
    I already addressed most of these points. And yes, my time is important enough to me that I will post about it during times I can't play in hopes that it get fixed.

    The lamest way to die in a group fight is to have your character completely disabled while others beat you down. Cc is out of control and I think it's blatantly obvious even to the people defending it. I added some cc to my build last night. So broken... feels dirty using it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts