+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 107

Thread: CC is out of control. Please fix

  1. #51
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    29
    Hell I used to love CC'ing people with drop pots just because I had a large stockpile and they keep buying them... Speaking of which, please by my pots

  2. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda Delux View Post
    You're missing the balance of the game though, the person you were fighting is RaxKappa Ive seen and fought the guy, he's not some massive DPS there's tradeoffs.

    If you go a full CC or initiator aka tank build you do next to no damage. in exchange for CCing people, and needing heals.

    If you nerf CC healing and dps gets out of control. All of these mechanics stack together.

    If you nerf healing dps and CC go out of control.

    If you nerf DPS healing and CC go out of control.

    The fact that he couldn't kill you is proof of balance, he's not supposed to be able to. He's supposed to push you out of combat because thats all you can do to a healer outside of massive melee dps.
    On top of this CC's have an immunity after 3 stacks of taking the debuff. So assuming you could sustain yourself which you admitted you could in this thread, that means unless he WAITED for 1 minute and 30 seconds or long enough for you to get out of combat you were immune to CC due to stacking diminishing debuff after the 3rd type of the same CC hits in a battle. So you had time to glider away, you had time to walk away while healing, you had time to cast mirror light on yourself to remove debuffs, and you had time to never run out of mana.

    You chose to stand there in front of him and show him who's boss by not giving up your position and healing through everything.
    Like I said, this is a troll post because your entire situation was in control by YOU.
    Yes, I agree. I'm not saying CC is the only thing that's completely out of control in this game. I'm just saying the current form opens the door for trolling and makes pvp less skill based and less interesting for me.

    Also, yes I could have chosen to try to run while I was immune to hard CC's but during those times I was under soft CC's or misc pulls/item clicks. I did try to run and was pulled back by items and lasso or slowed by manastars or pulled out of the sky by griffin divebomb or insert other item click here... I also had to control my mana or I would have died from that.

    My point is that these mechanics don't make fun fights and they are trolly and lame. I like intense and interesting pvp. The 1 shot and cc lock mechanics that have gotten worse with each new major patch have made pvp increasingly less interesting for me but in the case of CC locking you can't even run from the fight even if you are able to survive.

    I also am not looking for a long drawn out trolly pvp fight when I'm trying to farm mobs with loot drop pots on. As I have repeatedly said; long trolly pvp fights are lame and boring. They aren't new but they are getting worse consistently with every new patch and we need to move in the other direction imo.

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    When I say clearly I am saying "this is obvious" and to me the points I state to be clear are obvious. Coincidentally, that's also what the word means.

    My post was also succinct. I covered a lot of points and made each of them in few words. There are a lot of problems with Erenor so you can't identify why it is undesirable gear without covering them.

    Regarding your responses that I responded to and you believe I ignored...

    You should notice that a few other people who have full Erenor suits responded to your posts explaining to you that you don't know what you're talking about. Also a friend of mine in game that has 5 piece Erenor laughed at your comments but he doesn't post on forums.

    You look at what it takes to get T3 Hiram and it looks like a lot to you. I look at it and it looks like < 1/4 of what it took me to get Erenor (which is not as good). It's a matter of perspective. You don't have perspective because you don't have the experience required to have perspective. That should be obvious considering all the people who have full Erenor suits agreed with me. It should tell you something when there is unanimous consent among people with experience.

    I never said a T3 Hiram suit falls into your lap. I just looked at what's required to get one and it is not a lot of effort compared to Erenor suit. So far, the Hiram suit I'm building has been a walk in the park. Going to Epic will be a little slower according to the numbers but it will still be a LOT easier than Erenor was. Also, you accumulate tons of gold while farming Hiram because it doesn't cost much so you can advance a lot of other things simultaneously.

    You say I can sell my Erenor when I'm done. That is also an opinion that lacks perspective. Why would I work for 2 years on something to turn around and sell it at an 80% loss? That's insanity. That said, I've noticed a lot of people selling their Erenors at losses in that range. I think that's foolish and as I said in that other thread... I'd rather give it to my alt and let my 6 yr old play with it.

    All that said, a clear indicator that my post was spot on is the sheer volume of Erenor that popped on the AH at massive losses after I posted that thread. That looks like a lot of people agreed with the points I made.

    I would agree you probably can't get a Hiram suit to T3 with the right stats in 3 months. You can get T2 divine easily in that time (I did). It will probably take a while to wake a full suit to T3 and then you have to farm it some more. It will still be nothing compared to Erenor and the gold you save while you feed things can be used to cover your gems.

    All of your venom over what I said is actually arguing against a point that I didn't make. In fact, I explicitly made a contradicting point to the point you're arguing against. You're arguing that I don't want newcomers to be able to catch up. I said I am all for fast track gear getting newcomers up to speed with long time players. In fact, I think it is essential for fast track gear to be available. I'm just not ok with long time players that spent 2 years building what they were told would be the top tier gear only to discover they need to start over because that gear is not nearly as good as the fast track gear.
    No point explaining Brandolini's law, I'll just list yours in order:
    circular reasoning (self-delusion?)
    repeating an untrue statement to try and make it true (Goebbels?)
    appeal to majority
    appeal to authority
    straw man
    pull a number out of the sky
    appeal to authority
    appeal to majority
    appeal to majority
    untrue statement (how do you get "tons of gold" from farming hiram? 7.5 silver/labor purses? Sell the honor? But hey, keep arguing from authority)
    ad hominem
    shooting yourself in the foot (people can, and are, selling erenor at a loss because the asset has no applied value when it sits in storage)
    strawman (you repeatedly make responses as if I've claimed erenor was the better gear when I've neither claimed nor defended that point)
    strawman (I'm not arguing that you don't want newcomers to catch up)
    untrue statement (hiram caps out at epic, erenor does not, and I get that you don't want to throw more resources at the problem, but a mythic erenor suit is arguably better than a maxed hiram suit)

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,488
    Quote Originally Posted by saltminer View Post
    No point explaining Brandolini's law, I'll just list yours in order:
    circular reasoning (self-delusion?)
    repeating an untrue statement to try and make it true (Goebbels?)
    appeal to majority
    appeal to authority
    straw man
    pull a number out of the sky
    appeal to authority
    appeal to majority
    appeal to majority
    untrue statement (how do you get "tons of gold" from farming hiram? 7.5 silver/labor purses? Sell the honor? But hey, keep arguing from authority)
    ad hominem
    shooting yourself in the foot (people can, and are, selling erenor at a loss because the asset has no applied value when it sits in storage)
    strawman (you repeatedly make responses as if I've claimed erenor was the better gear when I've neither claimed nor defended that point)
    strawman (I'm not arguing that you don't want newcomers to catch up)
    untrue statement (hiram caps out at epic, erenor does not, and I get that you don't want to throw more resources at the problem, but a mythic erenor suit is arguably better than a maxed hiram suit)
    Projection.
    Stating that my experience having done both was that the Hiram was at least 4x easier is not pulling numbers out of the air or appealing to authority. It's simply stating that those were my experiences. Appealing to authority would be stating that one of your professors in your masters class used a word wrong and therefore the word's meaning has changed.

    I'm not saying I make tons of gold farming Hiram. I'm saying it costs so little that gold accumulates. Just an observation. I was always broke when I was feeding Elenor. Now I am progressing much faster and accumulating gold.

    I explained why I believe Hiram is better in the other thread. Believe what you want. I don't care if you agree with me. The market obviously does(observation).

    The grade cap is speculative and neither of us can emphatically declare one way or the other. I don't believe it is worth it. Kr is already working on legendary Hiram.

    What does any of this have to do with excessive cc making the game less fun?

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Drquack View Post
    Hell I used to love CC'ing people with drop pots just because I had a large stockpile and they keep buying them... Speaking of which, please by my pots
    I know you're just trolling but I thought your logic was pretty funny.

    Loot drop pot timer runs whether you're CC'd or not.

    Incentives to farm are based on success.

    You get more sales with honey than mud.

  6. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    Projection.
    Stating that my experience having done both was that the Hiram was at least 4x easier is not pulling numbers out of the air or appealing to authority. It's simply stating that those were my experiences. Appealing to authority would be stating that one of your professors in your masters class used a word wrong and therefore the word's meaning has changed.

    I'm not saying I make tons of gold farming Hiram. I'm saying it costs so little that gold accumulates. Just an observation. I was always broke when I was feeding Elenor. Now I am progressing much faster and accumulating gold.

    I explained why I believe Hiram is better in the other thread. Believe what you want. I don't care if you agree with me. The market obviously does(observation).

    The grade cap is speculative and neither of us can emphatically declare one way or the other. I don't believe it is worth it. Kr is already working on legendary Hiram.

    What does any of this have to do with excessive cc making the game less fun?
    You haven't built a hiram set as a new character, so you're not only arguing from authority, but from authority you don't have, from which you pulled a number out of a hat to keep BS-ing more.

    I guess now you're into moving goalposts (loads of gold! Wait, no, I said it just accumulates, even though I didn't say that before and my words are still sitting there). Neat.

    Anyways, when I noticed your MO in this post, it reminded me straight away of that erenor post, and sure enough, same guy, same problem (the game needs to be the way I want it, lalala can't hear you but I'll pretend I do and keep talking like I didn't). I hope that's not a pattern, otherwise, you're going to be the victim that's stuck with erenor that isn't the best ( even though it is, at a grade you aren't willing/able to get to,) getting trolled by the mounted gliding 15-minute cc master (good thing that doesn't exist).

    Or, you could step back and go "dang, I might be advocating for nonsensical changes, with irrational arguments, which will go nowhere at best, and hurt the game at worst by their implementation. If I keep presenting arguments that end in non-action or bad action by the publisher, then on average, I'm part of the problem. Maybe I should start discussions in good faith instead."

  7. #57
    A player being to able to get you CC-ed for 15 minutes is bad game design, period.
    “Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
    - Jalaluddin Rumi

  8. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Commanderlee View Post
    A player being to able to get you CC-ed for 15 minutes is bad game design, period.
    To clarify, I am referring to anything that interrupts my liberty as CC. He hard CC'd me with things like bubble, fear, etc. Soft CC with that black swirly crap, mana stars (pew pew pew). Pulled me back into the "fight" with lasso, glider attacks, use effect stuff, etc.

    The point is that I could either lay down and die or keep healing myself till he got tired of wasting mana pots because I know how to maintain my mana to not need them

    But yes, I felt it was ridiculous and needs to be adjusted. I put some WC on my build and I honestly don't think the WC side of the equation is a problem. It's all those use effects, black swirley crap, etc. that takes it over the top.

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    131
    Since I was the 15min CC guy I suppose I'll explain some things.
    Sometimes I get bored and this really isnt a full cc lock for 15 mins. Half the time this person spent raging in chat about why I'm bothering them. The answer is I have a monkey pet with good delph flame gear that does good damage. A lucky combo with monkey off fall damage can kill a healer.

    Additonally, this is a discrepancy in game knowledge. The person complaining played awful and they were up against ...


    If you don't think someone in a body-tight, pink jumpsuit is gonna do something like this you haven't played many video games.

  10. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    295
    Welcome to the DISASTER private server. Enjoy your stay. Where we always win... especially when you are so mad that you cry about how badly we are beating you on the forums.

    You realize that the forums at this point are just a bunch of DISASTER alts that talk to / argue with each other to make everyone else look like idiots and then screenshot / record / make stupid meme videos about them to further the propaganda / humiliation train right?

    Thanks for the input on this pressing subject I'm sure our Public relations officer will get back to you concerning your frustrations soon.

    In the meantime feel free to visit our website at www..... oh wait....
    < DISASTER WORLD CHAMPS >

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts