+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battlerage skills bugged?

Battlerage skills bugged?

Is anyone else noticing anything funny with battlerage skills?

For the past few days while farming mobs in Reedwind I've noticed bugs or glitches mainly with movement skills. The biggest issue is with a charge or tigerstrike. I'll have the enemy targeted, activate the skill, and about 5-10% of the time the skill will execute the damage and aggro the mob but the actual movement of the skill never takes place. It activates the cool down like normal, just doesn't complete the movement. Forcing me to still have to run over to the enemy to finish the kill, or still leaving me mounted (when it happens in that case).

I've noticed bugs with other skills too. Notably, whirlwind slash. From time to time ill try to activate the skill and it just plain doesn't work. Not on cool down. Hit the key and nothing happens. It happens mainly when I'm moving quickly from one mob to the next. But as this skill doesn't require an enemy to be targeted to activate it, there should never be an issue. My peripherals are wired so we can rule out faulty batteries causing problems.

Unless the abyssal mobs have some secret skill I'm not aware of, these are real issues. Maybe I'm just going insane from all the hiram farming.

Let me know what you guys think. Help would be appreciated!

This has been around for years. I can't pinpoint when exactly it happens because it usually is only once or twice per month (for me).
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

cool so I'm not going entirely crazy! I noticed it a couple weeks back when first farming hiram gear. I guess now that I've really dug in farming infusions for hours it becomes much more noticeable. Wish the could do something about it, has gotten me killed a few times.

Thanks for the reply!

I've noticed that this tends to occur when something server-side is blocking your path, but client-side it's either not visible, or just plain not blocking your path at the time. Some bit of mischief between the two there seems to cause it.

For example you might notice this when directly in front of your character there is a small pebble on the ground, another player in the way, a mount or pet between you and the target, or you just run at a high enough ping for this to occur more often because of these situations.
    Gameprooe, the Executioner of Enla West
    Solo Player, Researcher, Theorycrafter
    Playing Hellweaver full-time on Kraken

Twitch - Twitch.tv/gamepro03
    YouTube - Gamepro03
    Twitter @Gamepro03

Archeage Research & Development Discord - Now public!
    This Discord server's purpose is to mass a collection of like-minded individuals who seek to test and explore the secrets of mechanics behind Archeage. Feel free to hop on by and help out with the project!

Interesting explanation. Would make sense in certain scenarios, but this is happening mostly in Reedwind under the open sky with not much to block the way other than mobs.

The one where your still is off cd but you can't use it is visual your still is actually on cd if u hit k, hopefully it's fixed next patch it's fairly new, the tiger strike not moving one is pretty told and I don't remember what causes it something to do with holding right click.

Lets make this thread known to all. Had the same issues on both my outrider (farming with whirlwind) and my main. Shadehunter. In arenas is REALLY gets noticeable, as there have been many many times, where I have to mash my buttons to no avail in a fight, as if the server cant keep up with the speed of our fight.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/xXBigBossCross1?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/pewsivraj

Quote Originally Posted by Trusivraj View Post
    Lets make this thread known to all. Had the same issues on both my outrider (farming with whirlwind) and my main. Shadehunter. In arenas is REALLY gets noticeable, as there have been many many times, where I have to mash my buttons to no avail in a fight, as if the server cant keep up with the speed of our fight.
    Hopefully it can be heard and addressed!
    Another problem with whirlwind is that it ironically becomes more problematic the stronger you get (for AOE farming anyway). When you aggro a few mobs and hit whirlwind, if the targeted mob goes down first before the surrounding mobs, the skill stops. Not following up with the successive strikes.
    So for instance, a couple weeks ago I could pull a few mobs pop something like implosion, thwart, whirlwind and the mobs would all die on the 3rd strike. I started with 3 and worked my way to being able to do this on max 5 mobs without worry of getting bombed.
    If i try to go do that same thing now that I'm stronger, the first or second strike of whirlwind kills the targeted mob first, stops the skill, and triggers the cool down without completing the last 1 or 2 strikes, leaving the surrounding mobs sometimes completely untouched and free to bomb me with CCs.
    Funny that this mechanic forces me to now scramble/single mob farm as fast as possible. Sure there's other skills, but as a solo/melee grinder, a whirlwind combo was my best tactic for AOE farming.

I hope i explained that right. Let me know if you guys experience this too.

+ Reply to Thread