+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hardware for ArcheAge

Hardware for ArcheAge

Hi,
    there is a post that already contains a list of hardware requirements specifically for ArcheAge. Of course also for the range of the current hardware possibilities and the playability on maximum quality attitudes.

I myself currently have an old system and would like to update it, hence the question of how useful it is to upgrade individual components or a complete new acquisition.

my system
    i7 3770k (OC 4,2ghz)
    gtx1060
    32gb ram
    win10
    ssd 128gb
    Zarcata
    BIG Rice-Farmer JAKAR

Depends on your applications. Your current setup is more than viable as I'm sure you already know. RAM is overkill for most. I run an I7 8700k 1070ti 16g ram 256 ssd 2TB hdd only for the fact that I'm a gear nut and I'm also into audio production. I run archeage at max settings and maintain 90-140 fps(mostly idles between 111 and 125 fps with the in game cap, but it spills over) with youtube playing music and multiple apps running in the background. Granted, its more than just hardware that plays into that but I'd say just get whatever you have your eye on that your budget allows. If you really want to upgrade, you're probably looking for a new graphics card and processor..which for the money you would spend on those items separately, you might as well just buy a whole new rig. Right now is actually a great time to buy since nvidia just released new cards, so you can probably get a pretty good deal on some 1080ti rigs. I'd check out deals at CYBERPOWERPC. I got my last build from them and its killer. https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sloppysekkunds View Post
    Depends on your applications. Your current setup is more than viable as I'm sure you already know. RAM is overkill for most. I run an I7 8700k 1070ti 16g ram 256 ssd 2TB hdd only for the fact that I'm a gear nut and I'm also into audio production. I run archeage at max settings and maintain 90-140 fps(mostly idles between 111 and 125 fps with the in game cap, but it spills over) with youtube playing music and multiple apps running in the background. Granted, its more than just hardware that plays into that but I'd say just get whatever you have your eye on that your budget allows. If you really want to upgrade, you're probably looking for a new graphics card and processor..which for the money you would spend on those items separately, you might as well just buy a whole new rig. Right now is actually a great time to buy since nvidia just released new cards, so you can probably get a pretty good deal on some 1080ti rigs. I'd check out deals at CYBERPOWERPC. I got my last build from them and its killer. https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/
    32 GB RAM is not overkill at all. Try run 10 AA windows and you see how overkill it :P More then 60 FPS that is overkill you don't need more then 60 because is no difference just waste GPU, CPU, PSU and etc power for nothing. Most people still believe this fairy tale that they need more FPS but they really fool. Same as Anti-Aliasing you never need more then FXAA because you never see any real difference except if you watch from microscope :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zarcata View Post
    Hi,
    there is a post that already contains a list of hardware requirements specifically for ArcheAge. Of course also for the range of the current hardware possibilities and the playability on maximum quality attitudes.

I myself currently have an old system and would like to update it, hence the question of how useful it is to upgrade individual components or a complete new acquisition.

my system
    i7 3770k (OC 4,2ghz)
    gtx1060
    32gb ram
    win10
    ssd 128gb
    Your system is not old and can run actually all modern games at ultra 1080p about 50-60 FPS.
    Maybe you need just better SSD with more capacity like 500 GB+

Quote Originally Posted by Zarcata View Post
    Hi,

my system
    i7 3770k (OC 4,2ghz)
    gtx1060
    32gb ram
    win10
    ssd 128gb
    If you want the best out of ArcheAge, you don't need to upgrade your set-up. Ultimately, there's only so much you can do about ArcheAge's performance by modifying your own machine. ArcheAge is running on an engine old enough that high ghz single-cores were still thought to be the future and there weren't really any advancements in offloading more of the work to the GPU. It's also an MMO that needs to be supported on a variety of platforms and devices, so it doesn't have the same kind of leeway or resource shortcuts you can take with a a console, single-player, or small-scale multiplayer game.

TL;DR Nothing on your current computer is holding ArcheAge back, it just can't make use of everything your rig has to offer as it is right now. If you're upgrading your computer to just get better performance in general, use a different game as your benchmark.

+ Reply to Thread