+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions from a potential returning player

Questions from a potential returning player

I played ArcheAge at release and really liked the farming. I quit because, back then at least, there was a bot problem and an issue with players blocking carts. Nexon said the cart thing was part of the game, even in PvE areas where you couldn't do anything about it. Anyway, I have a couple of questions.

I have heard that a lot of players really hate the game now because it has become so pay-to-win. Is the game pretty dead? Or are there still a lot of players?

2) Is it possible to make a decent living just as a farmer or otherwise peaceful PvE player, with little PvP?

3) If you do play primarily as a farmer, is it still P2W?

4) Is there still an issue with players blocking carts or otherwise griefing?

Thanks!

1) Legacy servers will be merged in a week. It's going to be a lot of fun after that. The downside of this, you may have a problem to find land for farming. Especially if you won't be online when the land rush starts.

2) I'd say yes, but you should really define 'a decent living', cause if you are not interested in PVP, then why do you need gold?

3) no, but again what exactly is W for a farmer?

4) blocking is bannable these days, other griefing is probably still a thing.

1. Like Terr said merges are happening soon so the 2 legacy servers should be pretty lively.

2. You can make a fine living off farming. The upgrades to the thatched farmhouses make it so you can grow a ton of different plants to keep up with the demands of the playerbase. There is also a set of gear called the dawnsdrop gear obtained with the vocation badge currency you earn by farming, mining, etc. This gear boosts your proficiencies by up to 20k each once you max them out. The materials are obtained by farming or gathering. anything you dont want to make yourself you can usually buy off the AH for a decent price. check the AH, grow the seeds that will make you the best profit, then....well profit.

3. Depends, the new Hiram gear system has helped to minimize the p2w by quite a bit since you can now get a set of gear exclusively from killing mobs in auroria. Since you seem to want to focus on growing materials and boosting the economy that way then you won't run into much in what players deem p2w in this game.

4. Housing zones are now save zones unless the particular zone is in war so you can enjoy that. If you live in a peace zone and somebody bothers to block your farm with carts just screenshot it and submit a ticket. They usually stop after the first offense. Most people dont even bother blocking farmers anymore since it doesn't get them anywhere. Cart blocking in safe zones is bannable.
    Shabachi
    Deus Vult - Aranzeb East
    Erenor Archer for the crusades

OK, thanks guys. I guess there's no real point in farming for the sake of farming, if you aren't going to PvP also.

Quote Originally Posted by Greybear View Post
    OK, thanks guys. I guess there's no real point in farming for the sake of farming, if you aren't going to PvP also.
    I mean, is there enough to farming and selling that it can be a fulfilling experience unto itself?

I know this isn't farming, but there's still a lot of exploration stuff in the game that can be pretty fun. Some of it requires an upgraded glider to reach the exploration points.

And there are people who spend a lot of time playing the auction house for profit as well.
    Claw to earth, blood to water, fang to wind, heart to Tahyang.

Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Conviction East
    Moonstone ~ <Odyssey> ~ Conviction West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ <Sakura> ~ Conviction East

+ Reply to Thread