+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Apex vs credits

Apex vs credits

On EU, prices on Apex seem to be going up bit by bit from when we had the 2double event last week or so.
    And as it stands (2018/October), APEX are solidly selling for 1.2-1.4k. Thus making $9.99=1.3k~
    But what about credits? $39.99 would give ya 10,200 "total" credits, where 6k is given upfront and the rest is given to you over the span of 15days which adds up to 10k credits per purchase. And this where my question comes in, for those hardcore players who are loyal to the game and know multiple ways of making gold just by using credits.

Would you earn more gold by just buying 10x apex for $99.99 or buy the $39.99 three times and get the golden key + credits?

If you are patient enough then almost always credits offer a better value. APEX advantage is that it is fast, you can have all 10 sold a few minutes after you buy them in most cases.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    If you are patient enough then almost always credits offer a better value. APEX advantage is that it is fast, you can have all 10 sold a few minutes after you buy them in most cases.
    Whats the proof? Where is the numbers o_ o
    Ok, you can make more gold by being patient, but how much more? With $39 you can buy 10k credits but can also buy 4APEX(s) for the same price.

4APEX= 5.2K gold.

How much can you earn with 10k credits? I need numbers to see and understand the difference if you dont mind, even if its just a rough estimate.

I didn't think you needed that much proof to do some simple grade school math yourself. But here we go . . .

40 bucks gets you either 4 APEX or 11200 credits. As you said 4 APEX is roughly 5400g. That means you need 0.48214g per credit.

If you look at a few items on the AH let's see if they are higher:

Expansion Scrolls: 300 credits, usually 170g. 0.56666
    Sale Expansion Scrolls: 200 credits. Still 170g if you wait until the sale is over. 0.85g

Building Management: 300 Credits . . . same as the Expansion Scrolls

Owl Mailboxes: 200 credits, 150-200g. 0.75 - 1.

Wrapped Moby Drake that is on sale right now, you'd need to sell that for at least 1270g not including selling any of the other items that come with it. Only 1 sold recently in NA for 2500g.

We could go on and on... So instead of 5400g you get somewhere in the 6K or way more range depending on the items you pick and how long you are willing to wait for the gold.

None of this includes the extra you get for selling the golden token.

APEX you will have your gold in under 10 minutes if you price it right though...

I always wonder if Trion feels bad every time some poor sucker buys tax certs in the cash shop...
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleasedont View Post
    Whats the proof? Where is the numbers o_ o
    Ok, you can make more gold by being patient, but how much more? With $39 you can buy 10k credits but can also buy 4APEX(s) for the same price.

4APEX= 5.2K gold.

How much can you earn with 10k credits? I need numbers to see and understand the difference if you dont mind, even if its just a rough estimate.
    yer muddled. Its not a straight answer comparing apples (gold) with oranges (credits). There is No " x credits = x gold " because it all comes down to the Items purchased with the credits and what those items sell for.

I've done both. The apex method is a solid secure investment - you know how much gold you are going to get by checking the prices before you buy the apex. If you want to play the risk game, go credits - invest all the credits in RNG boxes and hope for items people want. 4500 credits is 10 boxes. I spent the whole 6000 on boxes so its like 13 or 14 boxes (depends on if you have any credits on hand before you spent the $40). The benefit of this is you might actually get something rare that you want to keep, along with items to sell. Usually I have been able to make more gold taking the risk than I would selling Apex - but it is Not a guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    I didn't think you needed that much proof to do some simple grade school math yourself. But here we go . . .
    Why are you attacking their mentality? All they did is ask a simple question. Simply don't answer or just respond without that idiotic first response. No need for that.
    Ha, You're all funny.

+ Reply to Thread