+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New temper system

I've had a chance to open some of my boxes and temper some gear. I think they did a good job with it.

You don't fail till after 10% so newbies can catch up pretty cheaply.

Higher temper levels are really hard to hit and often downgrade.

So basically, it favors people who are less geared and creates a super risky rng endgame.

A lot of people will probably not go past +18 for a while. 18 tempers are end game. 20+ tempers are extreme end game.

This is the exact opposite reaction that I've had. Now that I've used it on a few pieces. Pretty much took my concerns and multiplied them exponentially by introducing the very thing XL says they are trying to get rid of. Massive costing RNG frustration and making gear gap worse.

Already we have whales who hit 22 where most people will struggle with fail after fail just to get to 18. We aren't even 24 hours in yet.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Whales will get a head start on things like this but you can still catch up.

I got to 19 and decided to hold for now. I have tons of temper stuff but not much gold or labor. I think I opened 5 or 6 thousand queen crates so far.

A handful of whales with crazy gear will not beat a Zerg.

I hit +19 on my wep and aside of using a resplendent I will probably leave that alone for a bit till i get everything else caught up.

Getting to that point isnt too bad just takes labor and money

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrahm View Post
    I hit +19 on my wep and aside of using a resplendent I will probably leave that alone for a bit till i get everything else caught up.

Getting to that point isnt too bad just takes labor and money
    That's the problem. If you wanted to be 3-4% behind the top people it use to take a little bit of money. If you wanted to be within 1-2% of the top it just took a few thousand gold (usually) . . . but now if you want to be 4 or more percent you basically have to spends weeks worth of labor and gold and hope to the RNG deity that you get massively lucky.

What use to be not too bad of a system is now a horrific RNG grind fest. XL and Trion have repeatedly said they are trying to remove the RNG while simultaneously adding it at every opportunity, and that makes them lying scum.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2