+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: New temper system

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,270

    New temper system

    I like how the new tempering system is designed to work as per the livestream. It's nice we don't lose current progression and it's nice the general direction tempering is going. Just providing some positive feedback so you guys know when you're moving in a positive direction.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,388
    You mean you like RNG progression that only the mega rich ever have a chance of obtaining?
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

  3. #3
    I don't think involving more rng into the game is a possitive change. The system would be good without the rng factor. This may create another damage gap between whales and regular players who will be able to get only 120% temper or so.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,388
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJack View Post
    I don't think involving more rng into the game is a possitive change. The system would be good without the rng factor. This may create another damage gap between whales and regular players who will be able to get only 120% temper or so.
    It's actually worse now, since whales can get to +30 to be 5% higher than +20... but currently you can only get to 118% and everyone can have 116 or 117 with just a try or two. The gap from the normals to the whales is basically doubled now as far as tempering is concerned.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,270
    I think they said that the highest people on KR are only at +20 for the most part. I think the top end part of it is just a carrot to get whales to blow money on no progression. I think it won't be too bad to get to +20 and that will probably be good enough. Maybe I got a bad read on it but I'm somewhat optimistic about this one. I still think the 5.0 changes won't fix a lot of the major problems in the game but I feel like it will be reasonably doable for a non-ptw to get to +20 temper over time.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    I think they said that the highest people on KR are only at +20 for the most part. I think the top end part of it is just a carrot to get whales to blow money on no progression. I think it won't be too bad to get to +20 and that will probably be good enough. Maybe I got a bad read on it but I'm somewhat optimistic about this one. I still think the 5.0 changes won't fix a lot of the major problems in the game but I feel like it will be reasonably doable for a non-ptw to get to +20 temper over time.
    Yep, it should be fine for a non-whale to someday in the distant future get lucky to get to only 2/3rd of the way through the system... seems like great gameplay to me.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    Yep, it should be fine for a non-whale to someday in the distant future get lucky to get to only 2/3rd of the way through the system... seems like great gameplay to me.
    I'm not a whale. I'm cautiously optimistic. We'll see what happens. Granted, I've been farming a Hiram suit for a long time and saved all the crates I got in that process. I have > 5k of em so I'll probably get a lot of tries.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    I think they said that the highest people on KR are only at +20 for the most part. I think the top end part of it is just a carrot to get whales to blow money on no progression. I think it won't be too bad to get to +20 and that will probably be good enough. Maybe I got a bad read on it but I'm somewhat optimistic about this one. I still think the 5.0 changes won't fix a lot of the major problems in the game but I feel like it will be reasonably doable for a non-ptw to get to +20 temper over time.
    There are people on kr with +25 from what I heard, I may be wrong, but definitely much more than +20.
    +20 will be the must, and it's not that hard to obtain. There is where it becomes expensive / time consuming.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts