+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: NA/EU Server Downtimes 10/17 - 10/19

so with this last min extended downtime and the fact is was set for 24hr down time as stated in letter and on live feeds and the compensation packages where set for that time frame does this mean double compensation package ?

Quote Originally Posted by QueenYataYps View Post
    Saturday is the 20th.
    holy smokes ... HOW did I think today was Thursday?!?!

Thank you Queen Yata ... apparently today was more stressy at work than i thought - I went to work knowing it was wednesday ...and came home thinking it was thursday!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikathegreat View Post
    so with this last min extended downtime and the fact is was set for 24hr down time as stated in letter and on live feeds and the compensation packages where set for that time frame does this mean double compensation package ?
    I personally don't care about the compensation package. don't get me wrong, I wont say 'no' ... I just want to play the game

4.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #34
    Director of Community Relations
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanquine View Post
    I guess I don't understand why they announced it would be down for 24 hours ... but did NOT announce it would be extended - instead, it was surreptitiously announced in a thread?

what about the land rush that was supposed to happen on Saturday, the 19th? does this mean we're all going to lose out on placing housing - instead, a good many of us will be losing out to the land barons who will be on top of their computer for when It *does* come back up? it rarely comes up spot on time on a merge. - No offense - (I've been through both of the last ones, and it's always been extended.
    It's not surreptitious when the time was extended in the Evolution FAQ thread - that's pretty overt. I always try to post within the thread (to tag the Dev Tracker) as well as updating the FAQ itself here on the forums.

Saturday is actually the 20th, and I do not yet have a time for the land rush. As soon as it is available, I will again post to the Evo FAQ thread and edit the OP there. It should be today some time!

Brasse

5.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #35
    And as luck would have it, land rush times have just been set:

LAND RUSH TIMES
    EU servers: Saturday, October 20th at 07:00 PDT(14:00 UTC)
    NA servers: Saturday, October 20th at 12:00 PDT (noon) (19:00 UTC)
    (barring unforseen circumstances, of course)

6.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #36
    There will be no additional compensation for the length of the downtime.
    The packages offer pretty substantial value.
    Brasse

Thank you Brasse for checking the forums and responding - I know sometimes it must be kinda hard to read these with all of the criticism. It shows that people care about the game at least. I am looking forward to the Evolution and the new surprises the game has to offer, although I admit I am not happy about having to find a plot or two to settle. I am glad that at least it was disclosed that another evolution would most likely take place in a year. I have been through every evolution so far and am still playing almost every day. It really isn't that bad and certainly not the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Deroo View Post
    It really isn't that bad and certainly not the end of the world.
    While it may not be the end of the world, sadly for some it may be the end of the game for them;
    I know quite alot of people who have worked their back sides off to get land where they want it, have moved to specific servers to get away from 'pvp' and just have a nice enjoyable game..... kinda ♥♥♥♥ty for them especially since they will have to work their ♥♥♥♥♥ off again or swipe that platinum credit card eh'?
    Rafiki - Grimoire Hearts GM
    You follow ol' Rafiki he show you de wae

9.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #39
    Hey Caveman, I have gone through Server Evos as well, and I don't actually get to take part in the land rushes (too busy working at the time), but I just go and make in-game currency and buy some plots over time. It's led me to set homes in new places that I've quite liked. I guess it's all what you make of the experience. A friend of mine back in the SWG days said "it's all about the journey, not arriving at the end," and I tend to follow that philosophy.

I use my totally not platinum card for subscriptions/patrons in most MMOs I play, with the occasional cosmetic purchase.

There are those driven hard to lead the pack and get wherever it is in life first, and for them it's harder for sure, but we all move with our possessions in AA evolutions, so it's far from starting over from scratch.
    Erenor is still our home, in spite of the occasional earthquake.
    Brasse

Will there be an official thread for the server stories? My friends informed me there was going to be a writing activity regarding server histories and experiences, during this down time would be the best time to get writers writing!
    Pariah Pariahx Pariahh Pariahahh Purriah Puhryeuh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast