+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS is UP during the Evolution!

Why does PTS require 45GBs of download space if the download size is ~13GB?
    My ArcheAge folder reaches 70GB for what?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinen View Post
    The PTS client and steam do not get along for some reason. If you're trying to launch through Steam, it will not work correctly. I recommend downloading PTS itself directly through Glyph. You can use your same login information that you use for your normal account.
    Tinen, in my case I don't use steam at all.
    I had the PTS client installed and it worked well about 2-3 weeks ago when I used it last time.

Yesterday I updated it using Glyph. I pressed Play and got the message about missing ArcheAge.exe.
    I uninstalled the PTS client completely via Glyph and installed it again from scratch.
    The same result. ArcheAge.exe is still missing.

Note, my PTS client is installed in a different directory on my second hard disk.

You dont need download pts just copy and paste live server files C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Live and find history change name pts-history then open glyph settings archege and pts change browse your files example D:\ArcheAge\Live where did you paste them and patch pts server done

Quote Originally Posted by CxStar View Post
    ... find history change name pts-history then open glyph settings archege and pts change browse your files example D:\ArcheAge\Live where did you paste them and patch pts server done
    Sorry, what?

You dont need download pts just copy and paste live server files C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Live and find history change name pts-history then open glyph settings archege and pts change browse your files example D:\ArcheAge\Live where did you paste them and patch pts server done
    Thanks, I will give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinen View Post
    The PTS client and steam do not get along for some reason. If you're trying to launch through Steam, it will not work correctly. I recommend downloading PTS itself directly through Glyph. You can use your same login information that you use for your normal account.
    Tinen,
    I do not launch using the steaminterface. I always launch using the Glyph interface. It is the Glyph interface that continually tells me my accounts are not linked, yet they are.

And it did not work

Downloaded update for North America via Glyph today. And it removed ArcheAge.exe from regular version too.

Quote Originally Posted by Santanico94 View Post
    Why does PTS require 45GBs of download space if the download size is ~13GB?
    My ArcheAge folder reaches 70GB for what?
    Because those 13GB are compressed files.... they get unpacked after downloading.

Quote Originally Posted by Terr View Post
    Sorry, what?
    If you want to avoid downloading the entire client, COPY your live client folder [Glyph Game Location]\ArcheAge\Live to [Glyph Game Location]\ArcheAge\PTS. Then rename “history.txt” to “pts-history.txt”. Make sure that you COPY your files, or you’ll end up having to re-download the live client. The default game location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games. After you launch Glyph, check the “Settings” to make sure that it’s pointing to the new folder that you just copied everything into, and update to the new build! You should only have a small update (150-180mb) to get you patched up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2