+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Tales of Erenor: Community Challenge Discussion/Questions

is this still going on now? i know its world wide but is there someone from our region who will submit our entries?

The Great Gweonam War, betrayal within the Nuian Nation

It was during the day of Tahyang that our nuian soldiers went out to siege the enemy frontlines of the elven headquarters. Alongside with us, we had about one hundred Iron Clad prepared to take down the oppressive Green Lord and his evil dominion. Rumors were spread that the elves were conspiring with the Harani Dominion in plot of attempting to eradicate the nuian people and the entirety, this was of course before the time the dwarves migrated into our land. Rumor has it however that the Harani Dominion were using the elves in a drug cartel in attempt to bring forth demons known as the Warborn, demonic creatures which terrorized the great lands of Two Crowns and killed our king. We have plenty of fear however that we had traitors among us, which we considered were the "purple" elves, who by which kill their own kind and anyone within the nation. They are considered terrorists and must be eradicated at all cost. My companion and trusted friend Napoleon and I spoke about how the elves are plotting and serving the evil Goddess Dahuta, a Goddess that the Harani believe to serve. In addition to this, our goal of joining the war was mostly due to the slavery that the Harani Dominion appeared to be part of. Harani had many Dwarven and Firran Slaves, most of which we wished to have in our side, however, it would not be easy to set the dwarves and Firran free from the Harani rule.

So, myself, and many others entered the lands of Gweonam in search to end the war, but we were just being manipulated from the start. With one hundred Iron Clads, we burnt down many elf houses and homes, but the elves knew we were coming. They used gorilla warfare on us, many of us nuians got killed and captured, along with myself who got caught. Inside of a strange desolate shed, there was a dark silhouette of an elf. He appeared to have long sharp claws and very little light in the room. He glanced up to be and slashed my right eye out, he spoke in elven tongue, a language I could not understand as he interrogated me, "Where are you hiding the spirit of Nui?" I was confused, I had no clue what he was saying, I replied back, "I won't tell you anything!" He began to continue to torture me, I was strong and capable of taking these blows. I was however wondering if my platoon would come to save me from this torture. Meanwhile I doze off from all the torture. I could dream about my dear home back in Solzreed, and how I missed my Yata and Cows on the farm. I could remember the scent of the delicious lobster dinner and all my comrades that I ate with at my Crab Shack. But then I heard a loud bang.

Suddenly, from the deep corner, a Nuian squadron found me trapped in a shed and rescued me. With only twenty Iron Clads left on the battlefield, all of Gweonam was in flames. It was also on this day, we called this, the "Great Flames of the Green Lord," we became intoxicated and confused, unsure where we were, but luckily, I was being rescued and we had little life left to fight. My memory is quite faded on what happened afterward, but many nuians died that day. So much nuian blood spilled on the ground that I forgot much of what occurred. At the end of the Great Gweonam war, over 2,000 Nuian Casualties occurred along with 10,000 elves. It was a victory for us, but we loss many Nuians during that day. Our nation was divided because of the manipulated greed of the Daru Banks and their strings that they use with both the Harani Dominion and the Nuian Nation. There was a game being played and we were merely just the chess pieces on the board. Our former Emperor of Nuia signed a peace treaty with the elves of Gweonam to no longer cause a fight no longer in the lands of Nuia, however, I disliked how this treaty was made among traitors. I could not forget the pain and suffering that happened to my people, the Nuian people.

It was at that moment, each day, I would return to Marianople and visit those tombs of the fallen brothers and sisters of nuia who died on that day. It was on that day, we called this Veteran's Day, a day to remember the many soldiers who fought against the evil elves and the Harani Dominion. So remember children of Nuia, you must put an elf in a prison cell if you wish to keep your nation strong. Purpling is not a must, we must keep our land a green society. It was on this day, a revolution would rise, the Neo-Nuian Empire, would eradicated and stop the elves and bring peace across all of Erenor, in the name of Nui.
    Donate to our cause today! Mail just 1 Gold Coin to support the Neo-Nuian Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonskiller View Post

It was during the day of Tahyang that our nuian soldiers went out to siege the enemy frontlines of the elven headquarters. Alongside with us, we had about one hundred Iron Clad prepared to take down the oppressive Green Lord and his evil dominion. Rumors were spread that the elves were conspiring with the Harani Dominion in plot of attempting to eradicate the nuian people and the entirety, this was of course before the time the dwarves migrated into our land. Rumor has it however that the Harani Dominion were using the elves in a drug cartel in attempt to bring forth demons known as the Warborn, demonic creatures which terrorized the great lands of Two Crowns and killed our king. We have plenty of fear however that we had traitors among us, which we considered were the "purple" elves, who by which kill their own kind and anyone within the nation. They are considered terrorists and must be eradicated at all cost. My companion and trusted friend Napoleon and I spoke about how the elves are plotting and serving the evil Goddess Dahuta, a Goddess that the Harani believe to serve. In addition to this, our goal of joining the war was mostly due to the slavery that the Harani Dominion appeared to be part of. Harani had many Dwarven and Firran Slaves, most of which we wished to have in our side, however, it would not be easy to set the dwarves and Firran free from the Harani rule.

So, myself, and many others entered the lands of Gweonam in search to end the war, but we were just being manipulated from the start. With one hundred Iron Clads, we burnt down many elf houses and homes, but the elves knew we were coming. They used gorilla warfare on us, many of us nuians got killed and captured, along with myself who got caught. Inside of a strange desolate shed, there was a dark silhouette of an elf. He appeared to have long sharp claws and very little light in the room. He glanced up to be and slashed my right eye out, he spoke in elven tongue, a language I could not understand as he interrogated me, "Where are you hiding the spirit of Nui?" I was confused, I had no clue what he was saying, I replied back, "I won't tell you anything!" He began to continue to torture me, I was strong and capable of taking these blows. I was however wondering if my platoon would come to save me from this torture. Meanwhile I doze off from all the torture. I could dream about my dear home back in Solzreed, and how I missed my Yata and Cows on the farm. I could remember the scent of the delicious lobster dinner and all my comrades that I ate with at my Crab Shack. But then I heard a loud bang.

Suddenly, from the deep corner, a Nuian squadron found me trapped in a shed and rescued me. With only twenty Iron Clads left on the battlefield, all of Gweonam was in flames. It was also on this day, we called this, the "Great Flames of the Green Lord," we became intoxicated and confused, unsure where we were, but luckily, I was being rescued and we had little life left to fight. My memory is quite faded on what happened afterward, but many nuians died that day. So much nuian blood spilled on the ground that I forgot much of what occurred. At the end of the Great Gweonam war, over 2,000 Nuian Casualties occurred along with 10,000 elves. It was a victory for us, but we loss many Nuians during that day. Our nation was divided because of the manipulated greed of the Daru Banks and their strings that they use with both the Harani Dominion and the Nuian Nation. There was a game being played and we were merely just the chess pieces on the board. Our former Emperor of Nuia signed a peace treaty with the elves of Gweonam to no longer cause a fight no longer in the lands of Nuia, however, I disliked how this treaty was made among traitors. I could not forget the pain and suffering that happened to my people, the Nuian people.

It was at that moment, each day, I would return to Marianople and visit those tombs of the fallen brothers and sisters of nuia who died on that day. It was on that day, we called this Veteran's Day, a day to remember the many soldiers who fought against the evil elves and the Harani Dominion. So remember children of Nuia, you must put an elf in a prison cell if you wish to keep your nation strong. Purpling is not a must, we must keep our land a green society. It was on this day, a revolution would rise, the Neo-Nuian Empire, would eradicated and stop the elves and bring peace across all of Erenor, in the name of Nui.
    wrong section. need to post this in the official entries.

Sooo... anyone has any idea when this competition would be resolved? Will it be during a livestream as it says in the announcement post?

Yo,

It's in the main post, the result will be the 30/12.

Lionessa, I loved your story, by the way! Very well written.

Which stories did you guys like best?
    Mulberry ~ Snowberry ~ Kadum East
    Moonstone ~ Kadum West
    Fraxinus ~ Wynn West
    Cinnabar ~ Wynn East

Quote Originally Posted by Nielsaries View Post
    Not exactly. It says the prize will be delivered no later than December 30th, but that would mean the winner would have to be selected some time before then. They need time to create the prize, after all.
    Mulberry ~ Snowberry ~ Kadum East
    Moonstone ~ Kadum West
    Fraxinus ~ Wynn West
    Cinnabar ~ Wynn East

Quote Originally Posted by romonster View Post
    There were lots of good stories in the thread, but my favorite was the "The Protector of Castaway Strait" by Lyvectra.

Quote Originally Posted by Nielsaries View Post
    Yo,

Not exactly. It says the prize will be delivered no later than December 30th, but that would mean the winner would have to be selected some time before then. They need time to create the prize, after all.
    Yes, i saw the date. But like romonster says, it looks like that's only the estimated date the prize would be given. There says the selected stories would be read during a livestream. Not sure if i am right but that makes it free to assume that the competition results would be announced during that livestream then. (Unless they accounce first then read them in the steam. But that's not mentioned there either.) With the latest events and whatnot, i wonder when that livestream would be then.

Lionessa, I loved your story, by the way! Very well written.

Thanks. I'm glad u had fun reading it! ^^ I enjoyed yours a lot, as well. Especially the second one since we seem to share the fun idea of love between 2 continents xD

I got annoyed at myself for not being able to understand the German and French ones :/ So, i am still curious about those. There are lots of good stories in the English posts. Hard to choose a favourite for me. I have to make a comment about "My Green Friend". Reading about a frog living in Gwenoid was fun

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast