+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning player after 2 years. Slightly Confused.

Returning player after 2 years. Slightly Confused.

Hello all.
    After not having logged in, except for sometimes when I remembered that this game is in my Steam library, for 2 to 2,5 years I now plan to play the game somewhat regularly again.
    Problem is that I don't really have any clue what's going on, probably not being helped by the fact that even back then I didn't understand many mechanics. So primarily I have two questions:

Should I create a new character to learn the mechanics of getting gear etc.
    OR
    Can I catch up/learn the mechanics from guides and wiki pages alone?

Thanks in advance for your input

I would suggest making a new character and going through the noob process. Most of the information out there about this game is or becomes quickly outdated due to constant changes.

Quote Originally Posted by lasersword View Post
    Hello all.
    After not having logged in, except for sometimes when I remembered that this game is in my Steam library, for 2 to 2,5 years I now plan to play the game somewhat regularly again.
    Problem is that I don't really have any clue what's going on, probably not being helped by the fact that even back then I didn't understand many mechanics. So primarily I have two questions:

Should I create a new character to learn the mechanics of getting gear etc.
    OR
    Can I catch up/learn the mechanics from guides and wiki pages alone?

Thanks in advance for your input
    No need for a new character, catch up gear currently is hiram(harambe gear) drops of mobs low gold investment (medium time investment) well worth it , gear drops from mobs , imo it will take less time farming this gear from mobs than it would take trying to grind to gold out to be competitive (how ever if you have money to swipe for crafted gear ... probably still better getting hiram lol) you can find info on how the gear works, you can probably find videos on skill mechanics, gold income all round has been lowered (trade runs probably suck, idk i havent done them in years) the new gem system is good, soon max lvl will be 55+ 34 (currently 55+7) ancestral levels. If you do make a new character i suggest nui server (fresh start), oh rip drs (probably back after next patch) occultism is op , song craft is op that being said find ppl you enjoy playing with have fun with the game it will get you though the hiram grind enjoy being endgame viable. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask them.

Edit : to prove my point about endgame viable http://archeagecalculator.com/?a=101WIIG6xges19 its not even a hard choice which one you should go for not even on the same tier tbh

Ok, thank you both for the quick answers, I probably will replay the tutorial quests to ~20 with another character, then return to my old main

+ Reply to Thread