+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion transitioning to a new owner - questions and comments thread

Quote Originally Posted by Xhisors View Post
    Yeah people don't realize the negative impact this has to the live game(Not just AA, but any private server has on its live counterpart). The more people that move away from live - the more it hurts the publisher and developer.

Then look what happens to game studios? I think we have a prime example right now.
    Pretty sure this only happens, for the most part, because of the game studios (really publisher) choices. I heard for forever before alpha to last I played that XL had all dev rights, but Trion held the PR stunts, cash shop suggestions, sales, item lists, etc., as well as other things. Even more, it would be hard to argue that a publisher has been telling the developer since 2014 that this cash shop is whack and all this time XL has just "not been believing them".

Most stories of PS are because of the idiocracy of the publisher or the developer, or both. I haven't ever played a PS either, to add.

One of the Brothers Grimm; Sweller of the Rebellion;
    Knights Templar

Yeah people don't realize the negative impact this has to the live game(Not just AA, but any private server has on its live counterpart). The more people that move away from live - the more it hurts the publisher and developer.

Then look what happens to game studios? I think we have a prime example right now.

Edit: Just to clarify, I am not saying AR is the cause of Trion, but it plays a small roll in it. 1000 players "donating" to AR could be 1000 players paying for AA monthly sub. Which adds up to 180k a year for AA. Every little bit helps keeps the servers running and lights on.
    Think of it this way tho, if players have been pushed to a private server from a "free" official server it means that that private server is offering something that is wanted by the playerbase for a long time, people will not change on a whim to private servers this isnt the old times that game were p2p and only way to play it for free was private servers.

PS. for the record im against ArcheRage their community is 10 times worse than whats here and they dont/cant really offer anything that different from the 3.0 archeage, and also its a bigger money grab than even trion thats all there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nygau View Post
    We knew.

But what hurts most is that you knew this weeks or even months ago, you still provided us with a official date for 5.0 and on the last moment you announce its delayed.
    So many ppl waiting for this, you should actually do whatever you can to make sure the update is coming.. and not wave us out again with a new release date has yet to be identified.

So this is probs going to take months again.

Furthermore i really hope you made the right move with Gamigo.. and wish you all the best for the future.
    Senior management/the board, of course they knew, they will have been working on this deal for a while.
    It really doesn't sound as if the devs and support knew fully what was coming, rumors may have been flying but people probably wanted to keep their heads down and hopefully have a job at the end of it. It is not that unusual for employees to be invited in for a quick formal chat and clear your desk please and thx very much.

Try to remember when we are all QQing about AH being down or delayed update release that a lot of these guys are now out of work with probably very little notice and they still have mortgages to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilios View Post
    Pretty sure this only happens, for the most part, because of the game studios (really publisher) choices. I heard for forever before alpha to last I played that XL had all dev rights, but Trion held the PR stunts, cash shop suggestions, sales, item lists, etc., as well as other things. Even more, it would be hard to argue that a publisher has been telling the developer since 2014 that this cash shop is whack and all this time XL has just "not been believing them".

Most stories of PS are because of the idiocracy of the publisher or the developer, or both. I haven't ever played a PS either, to add.
    To put it blunt, yes XL had dev rights. Trion couldn't even touch the game without getting approval from XL for anything. I would have to look, but during one of the upgrades(can't remember if it was 2.9 or older). Trion(Khro specifically) said they didn't even have access to the rack to do troubleshooting for the mass disconnects we were having every day. They had to wait weeks for XL to fly out and troubleshoot. XL cares about revenue and thats it. Trion, even if we wanted more cosmetics even if they approve it, would have to get the blessing from XL.

That aside, with PS no matter their intentions.. pull away revenue from the dev/pub by stealing another companies product.

AR is no exception to this.
    Xhisors
    Enigmatist --- Spellsong --- Daggerspell
    Honor Bound | Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Tanza View Post
    Try to remember when we are all QQing about AH being down or delayed update release that a lot of these guys are now out of work with probably very little notice and they still have mortgages to pay.
    I think if you've made a career in the gaming industry and aren't an IP owner, then you're renting. Woe to those who make the mistake of home ownership while working for a publishing company. Just sayin'.

To put it blunt, yes XL had dev rights. Trion couldn't even touch the game without getting approval from XL for anything. I would have to look, but during one of the upgrades(can't remember if it was 2.9 or older). Trion(Khro specifically) said they didn't even have access to the rack to do troubleshooting for the mass disconnects we were having every day. They had to wait weeks for XL to fly out and troubleshoot. XL cares about revenue and thats it. Trion, even if we wanted more cosmetics even if they approve it, would have to get the blessing from XL.

That aside, with PS no matter their intentions.. pull away revenue from the dev/pub by stealing another companies product.

AR is no exception to this.
    It does, for sure. Just saying it might be a cause for the dev and pub to look at how they're doing things, and these two definitely didn't for the most part. Publisher is going to have the right at minimum to enforce the marketing, and the marketing would include A LOT of the things that are screwed up with ArcheAge. Trino has always tried to say every.single.thing. is out of their hands, and while some things are true (like your example) many, many things are not.

One of the Brothers Grimm; Sweller of the Rebellion;
    Knights Templar

for them to be put in jail they would have to be located in the us, trion tried several times to take down the server but simply couldnt because the server is out of reach of us legal consequences. Also, ddosing is illegal too, anyone who ddos's it would also get in trouble legaly loool. Besides if you think one private server is bad then you're gonna get pretty frustrated as gamigo have proven to have terrible game security and every game they publish/own always ends up with 100+ different private servers.

Servers coming back? Or..
    Buffs <TTFK>
    Vengeance east

Ummm, does anyone still work here?

What's up with the maintenance? Anyone know?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast