+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Confirmed Trion got sold, do we still get evolution compensations or not?

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    143
    Unfortunately Pietro it's simply the facts of the matter. This game has been plagued by butt hurt children since launch to the game's overall detriment. Trion / XL Games has never owed you a single shred of "compensation". Most other Developers / Publishers would have told you to ♥♥♥♥ with that childish, entitled nonsense.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    268
    I suppose that some of those sacked yesterday were part of the reason why Trion was in trouble? Some of them deserved it. Most of them deserved better managers and upper management etc.

  3. #13
    Senior Member neoVictrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Becoming a Blackguard
    Posts
    2,431
    Quote Originally Posted by xydros View Post
    I suppose that some of those sacked yesterday were part of the reason why Trion was in trouble? Some of them deserved it. Most of them deserved better managers and upper management etc.
    That's not how these things happen.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

    Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    I don't really understand why people feel so entitled and so much concern over "compensation" since the launch of this game. Rather pathetic and sad really. Its more so an act of kindness than something you're entitled to because you've been inconvenienced in some way. It's a sad mentality. You're not owed anything.
    its a simple mater of facts. Company X makes a promise - pay us X money and we will give you Y entertainment. People pay, they expect the company to make good on the promise. When the company doesn't make good, the player feels entitled to what they have paid for.

    And they are.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Rekikyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    I would assume that will still happen, but with 7/8 of the employees laid off and Aeria Games (Gamigo and Aeria merged 2 years ago, so forgive me for using the more popular name in NA) now owning the rights to publication, it's up in the air. Aeria (Gamigo) will probably still hold to the promises that were made for the very near term of ArcheAge by Trion, but afterwards it's up in the air.

    It's a mixed bag of "Yay!" and dread for an uncertain future. Perhaps with Aeria's (Gamigo's) bigger bargaining position, they can get changes from XL Games that Trion could never hope to accomplish. I really hope that the new publisher will take a long look at the state of ArcheAge and see that it is still salvageable, then work to fix the problems with XL Games. There's a lot of good here, but too often core elements have been changed for the worse.

    This new merger will have 3 possible outcomes. First (and optimistically) is that they will renegotiate the deal with XL and fix the problems within the game, bringing a resurgence of old (and new) players to revitalize the game to former glory. Second is that they will continue down the current trend and slowly lose more players and soldier on a couple more years before shutting the doors down. The last course of action would be to take a look at the trend and declare that it's either too risky or not worth it, and shut the game down in the near future.
    If Gamigo retains publishing rights, This could actually be a blessing for Archeage. Unlike Trion, Aeria has a history of offering p2w cash shop items in Tier events and highly discounted sales that take into account prices gold sellers offer to combat them, and to generally maintain a player base.

    Trion is still trying to suck $40 for a single chance at regrading a breakable item for 3-8% success. Trion never wanted to move its prices. Gamigo probably will.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Rekikyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,435
    Actually..... most other publishers bend to the needs of their spenders..... because that's how they grow their sales. It's better to break a game model and make most of the players happen enough to spend, than to persist in a game with a 4-5 year outlook on free players even being able to exist on the same field with paying players.

    Costumes make more revenue than p2w items, and that has ALWAYS been true in MMOs/other online games. Costumes say to the player - we want you to play with us forever. P2W tells them: We don't want you.

  7. #17
    Member Fritzs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Dreamland
    Posts
    36
    Sorry to rain on your parade white knights. The mmo business is considered a service and the players are the company's customers. So customers are entitled of the compensation package that they promised. You might argue that even the f2p players are being snotty about getting the compensation and they are not paying, you are wrong because they paid with their time and they are also a part of the game's entertainment for the paying players
    A thanatophobic suicidal

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7
    Why they didnt wait to patch,Nice timing gamigo !

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7
    seems they wanna lose more ppl

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    I don't really understand why people feel so entitled and so much concern over "compensation" since the launch of this game. Rather pathetic and sad really. Its more so an act of kindness than something you're entitled to because you've been inconvenienced in some way. It's a sad mentality. You're not owed anything.
    yeah, my words.. i never understood why ppl want compensation for every thing in this game.. like the developer/publisher doesnt have to give you anything, its just from their good will.. you are not forced to play the game - you play because you are bored, not to get compensation

    like today - 5.0 is delayed and ppl are immediately asking when will they get the packs.. its like they cant play without getting compensation.. crazy

    if you have a problem with the company, dont play the game/pay them, its simple
    "Master of the Deep" Throat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts