+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How NOT to announce your company being sold.

How NOT to announce your company being sold.

Have a somewhat ticked off community manager post a off-handed remark on Reddit while she's cleaning out her desk and walking out the door.

NO statement from the CEO (Scott Hartsman).
    NO statement from game directors (Khrolan and others).
    NO statement from game developers (XL and others).
    NO statement from purchasing company (Gamigo).

Oh, but keep the cash shop open. Let the players have a meltdown on forums, in-game, Reddit and YouTube. Who cares?

There was a news article sometime back in the spring that Trion was acquired, but that fell by the wayside rather quickly. I have to agree with the post though. There had been no recent updates on this until the day of the takeover. Pretty impressive how they sprung all of this at once in between fairly large updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    There was a news article sometime back in the spring that Trion was acquired, but that fell by the wayside rather quickly. I have to agree with the post though. There had been no recent updates on this until the day of the takeover. Pretty impressive how they sprung all of this at once in between fairly large updates.
    I think you're thinking of Trion acquiring Gazillion. There was no news article back in the Spring about this. But back to my point and you're right, what really sucked was Brasse and rest basically getting their immediate walking papers in the middle of a huge update (think of all the hours everyone was putting in). This also cannot have set well with XL.

I found these articles and it seems that it is really true which Trion Worlds is sold (It is sold to Gamigo. Gamigo is a European MMO publisher that focuses on free-to-play games)... But I have never hear this Gamigo before too.
    https://venturebeat.com/2018/10/22/m...new-ownership/
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/22/1...layoffs-gamigo
    What is going to happen to Archeage EU and NA now ? Any information ? thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOuroborus View Post
    I think you're thinking of Trion acquiring Gazillion.
    Sorry! And thanks for the correction. That's the one I was thinking of. My hopes for all of this, is that in having the larger publishing company now, that more can be negotiated with XL Games on our behalf (western audience). It's very tragic with the amount of layoffs though. I feel deeply sorrowed for them.

Ikr it couldn't of been any worse lol. What about 5.0? patch notes? pts? livestream? big update and new packs which nobody will buy now lol.

Curious do you know if Hartsman still has a job? If not, how is he supposed to make an announcement. Maybe Khrolan was told not to say anything or he quit? Why would XL say anything?

What do you want them to say? Does whatever they affect your ability to play the game now? Nope. Go play. There will be communication in time. Their time. If you don't like it I suggest you purchase them and run it your way.

Quote Originally Posted by xydros View Post
    Curious do you know if Hartsman still has a job? If not, how is he supposed to make an announcement. Maybe Khrolan was told not to say anything or he quit? Why would XL say anything?

What do you want them to say? Does whatever they affect your ability to play the game now? Nope. Go play. There will be communication in time. Their time. If you don't like it I suggest you purchase them and run it your way.
    Oh joy, rapture... the Troll of Forums has responded to my post. I really don't care what you say. If anyone is familiar with you, they'll know you are a ♥♥♥♥♥♥bag of the highest order. So, knock yourself out.

Still nothing from any of the vested parties. Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOuroborus View Post
    Have a somewhat ticked off community manager post a off-handed remark on Reddit while she's cleaning out her desk and walking out the door.

NO statement from the CEO (Scott Hartsman).
    NO statement from game directors (Khrolan and others).
    NO statement from game developers (XL and others).
    NO statement from purchasing company (Gamigo).

Oh, but keep the cash shop open. Let the players have a meltdown on forums, in-game, Reddit and YouTube. Who cares?

I actually found the info here before I got on forums today.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3..._by_Gamigo.php

These types of transactions take a lot of time. You got no information from the top BECAUSE they have been behind closed doors working out the details.

They knew this was coming.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast