+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Gami, go plz...

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    421

    Gami, go plz...

    You should have had people in place ready for the transition way before this. ♥♥♥♥ and let a reputable company take over Archeage.

  2. #2
    Senior Member neoVictrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Becoming a Blackguard
    Posts
    2,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaelin View Post
    You should have had people in place ready for the transition way before this. ♥♥♥♥ and let a reputable company take over Archeage.
    That's not how these kind of business exchanges work. It takes time.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

    Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    9
    Actually yes it is. It's called acquisitions and project management. This was done piss poorly. I'm glad they kep Khro and Socke but Gamigo really screwed the pooch on this in multiple ways.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    750
    The way this was done leads to very low confidence. It didn't even seem like Trion employees knew. The fact that the AH was shut down in preparation for the cancelled patch is proof there was no foresight. It would be good to have a public statement on the future of the game, including the timeline for 5.0, though I guess it's not yet determined.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Rekikyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyres View Post
    The way this was done leads to very low confidence. It didn't even seem like Trion employees knew. The fact that the AH was shut down in preparation for the cancelled patch is proof there was no foresight. It would be good to have a public statement on the future of the game, including the timeline for 5.0, though I guess it's not yet determined.
    Oh.... maybe the brutal truth is more insidious.

    I'm willing to bet Gamigo already researched the staff and their performance, and felt they needed to go. Why handle them on a tapered layoff/transition when they are already doing a poor job?

    It's far more likely that cutting their losses is more profitable.

    Personally, here's my opinion:

    Trion really screwed Archeage to the point where only those addicted to the dream of success or their paid assets are still playing it. That's a cardinal sin in my opinion. Archeage was the first MMORPG that could have been a billion dollar / year game, and they instead gated it with spending to the point there's no real balance left..... simply because there's no people, a weak economy, and you generally lose all your items without choice due to server mergers.

    I'm going to let you in on a little secret:

    I quit right before Ollo "Evolutioned." Let me tell you a little something about the dark side of the evolutions.

    I have 4 accounts, all that had land assets, decorations etc, which covered about enough protected farm land to safely plant 780 Pine Trees per cycle. Yeah. no joke.

    I had Improved pavilion X 3 on all 4 accounts on 2 different servers.
    I had Every single large house somewhere in my empire, including a Spring Swept Roof Mansion. Some 32 Gazebo plans.

    7 Coffin beds
    13 Teardop Chests.
    8 Otherword Chests.
    all full of materials, weapons, armor, etc.
    Every cosmetic land item that was sexy.
    Desserted Cottage
    Thatches
    6 Treehouses.

    I owned the entirety of Pirate's Fate (Thunder Isle) and also had about a 244 X 244 in Windscour, and I owned the entire floating Islands in Hasla.

    I had over 780,000 gold in materials/items in my chests.

    --------------------

    As I said.... I quit right before the Ollo "evolution."

    The result?
    -All my full kits, chests, items that wouldn't delete on "evolution" were sent to my mailbox.

    I re-downloaded the game about 2 weeks ago in anciticipation of the mergers to see who was still here. Bought a 3 month Patron Package (for the Spooky Anywhere Warehouse)

    My mails are empty...... except for 27 Blank Canvases I bought that I never used who are still in my mail.

    All my Full Kits, All my designs I demo'd, all my chest contents I couldn't store on a Character because I had some 1300 stacks..... Gone.

    All my Rickety Fences, Chests, Car plans, Ship plans, Epic T6 weapons I was working on crafting, My Spring Swept Roof, Materials.... Gone.

    Do you know what Riot said when I sent a recovery ticket?

    "We can't restore your items but if you have screenshots and proof of your items, and a detailed list, we can investigate the matter."

    I spent about 5 hours going through databases and screenshots, trying to create a list for them to investigate.
    When I submitted it, I got a response that they weren't taking support requests for this right now, and to try again later. (Probably because of this buyout)

    I'm talking..... 3 years of work. Gone. Entirely. All I have left is one Gazebo, my Improved Plaza, and a couple other random plans.

    And I don't know if I can ever get it back or if I can even try.

    But I will tell you this: No other game I have EVER played..... has not backed up information for long gone players to recover their accounts. Even through server mergers. What this means is...... They bleach any info that isn't tied to the specific character...... not the account. That's ♥♥♥♥ty management.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekikyo View Post
    Oh.... maybe the brutal truth is more insidious.

    I'm willing to bet Gamigo already researched the staff and their performance, and felt they needed to go. Why handle them on a tapered layoff/transition when they are already doing a poor job?

    It's far more likely that cutting their losses is more profitable.

    Personally, here's my opinion:

    Trion really screwed Archeage to the point where only those addicted to the dream of success or their paid assets are still playing it. That's a cardinal sin in my opinion. Archeage was the first MMORPG that could have been a billion dollar / year game, and they instead gated it with spending to the point there's no real balance left..... simply because there's no people, a weak economy, and you generally lose all your items without choice due to server mergers.

    I'm going to let you in on a little secret:

    I quit right before Ollo "Evolutioned." Let me tell you a little something about the dark side of the evolutions.

    I have 4 accounts, all that had land assets, decorations etc, which covered about enough protected farm land to safely plant 780 Pine Trees per cycle. Yeah. no joke.

    I had Improved pavilion X 3 on all 4 accounts on 2 different servers.
    I had Every single large house somewhere in my empire, including a Spring Swept Roof Mansion. Some 32 Gazebo plans.

    7 Coffin beds
    13 Teardop Chests.
    8 Otherword Chests.
    all full of materials, weapons, armor, etc.
    Every cosmetic land item that was sexy.
    Desserted Cottage
    Thatches
    6 Treehouses.

    I owned the entirety of Pirate's Fate (Thunder Isle) and also had about a 244 X 244 in Windscour, and I owned the entire floating Islands in Hasla.

    I had over 780,000 gold in materials/items in my chests.

    --------------------

    As I said.... I quit right before the Ollo "evolution."

    The result?
    -All my full kits, chests, items that wouldn't delete on "evolution" were sent to my mailbox.

    I re-downloaded the game about 2 weeks ago in anciticipation of the mergers to see who was still here. Bought a 3 month Patron Package (for the Spooky Anywhere Warehouse)

    My mails are empty...... except for 27 Blank Canvases I bought that I never used who are still in my mail.

    All my Full Kits, All my designs I demo'd, all my chest contents I couldn't store on a Character because I had some 1300 stacks..... Gone.

    All my Rickety Fences, Chests, Car plans, Ship plans, Epic T6 weapons I was working on crafting, My Spring Swept Roof, Materials.... Gone.

    Do you know what Riot said when I sent a recovery ticket?

    "We can't restore your items but if you have screenshots and proof of your items, and a detailed list, we can investigate the matter."

    I spent about 5 hours going through databases and screenshots, trying to create a list for them to investigate.
    When I submitted it, I got a response that they weren't taking support requests for this right now, and to try again later. (Probably because of this buyout)

    I'm talking..... 3 years of work. Gone. Entirely. All I have left is one Gazebo, my Improved Plaza, and a couple other random plans.

    And I don't know if I can ever get it back or if I can even try.

    But I will tell you this: No other game I have EVER played..... has not backed up information for long gone players to recover their accounts. Even through server mergers. What this means is...... They bleach any info that isn't tied to the specific character...... not the account. That's ♥♥♥♥ty management.
    Happened to me as well, lost also the majority of my items in the previous "evolution" so i feel you.

    It went as follows :

    TRION gurantee : all your items will be safe for a year !

    fast forward till somewhere april/mai this year...
    After a pretty usual maintance like done dozens of times but that time: All mails and items in attachments lost...
    Submission of tickets ...
    Ok we have restored your stuff...

    Hey, cool they finally a trustworthy company that cares about your stuff in the end..i can put trust in them..

    90 days later.... every email and item attched lost...

    Wait what ? didn't we had that ? dont they know about that bug so this time it won't happen ? didn't they this time found out about what caused it and removed the issue ?

    Ticket submitted...

    "We can't help you on this case" "we know thats not the answer you like".


    Hey but on this evolution just guess whats there to read for info given about the evolution, yes :

    "Your emails will stay there for you for 1 Year !"

    Yea....surely....they will ...few days later ..new company takes over....i guess the person guaranteed for the emails even no works anymore here...

  7. #7
    Senior Member neoVictrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Becoming a Blackguard
    Posts
    2,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallivant View Post
    Actually yes it is. It's called acquisitions and project management. This was done piss poorly. I'm glad they kep Khro and Socke but Gamigo really screwed the pooch on this in multiple ways.
    So far things are following exactly as I've seen it with other instances of this happening. As I've mentioned elsewhere there is some time needed.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

    Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Rekikyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by neoVictrix View Post
    So far things are following exactly as I've seen it with other instances of this happening. As I've mentioned elsewhere there is some time needed.
    Mostly. Usually there's a formal post 3-4 months in advance, but....... not much else is different. They can nonessentials and employees with bad report cards. Part of the cycle of business.

  9. #9
    Senior Member neoVictrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Becoming a Blackguard
    Posts
    2,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekikyo View Post
    Mostly. Usually there's a formal post 3-4 months in advance, but....... not much else is different. They can nonessentials and employees with bad report cards. Part of the cycle of business.
    Yeah, but I've been in some where's it -
    "Yeah, so we were sold like... a week ago and our department caught wind of it five minutes ago. Give us a minute to sort things best we can in the meantime."
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

    Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Herzeleid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Orchidna
    Posts
    924
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekikyo View Post
    Oh.... maybe the brutal truth is more insidious.

    I'm willing to bet Gamigo already researched the staff and their performance, and felt they needed to go. Why handle them on a tapered layoff/transition when they are already doing a poor job?

    It's far more likely that cutting their losses is more profitable.

    Personally, here's my opinion:

    Trion really screwed Archeage to the point where only those addicted to the dream of success or their paid assets are still playing it. That's a cardinal sin in my opinion. Archeage was the first MMORPG that could have been a billion dollar / year game, and they instead gated it with spending to the point there's no real balance left..... simply because there's no people, a weak economy, and you generally lose all your items without choice due to server mergers.

    I'm going to let you in on a little secret:

    I quit right before Ollo "Evolutioned." Let me tell you a little something about the dark side of the evolutions.

    I have 4 accounts, all that had land assets, decorations etc, which covered about enough protected farm land to safely plant 780 Pine Trees per cycle. Yeah. no joke.

    I had Improved pavilion X 3 on all 4 accounts on 2 different servers.
    I had Every single large house somewhere in my empire, including a Spring Swept Roof Mansion. Some 32 Gazebo plans.

    7 Coffin beds
    13 Teardop Chests.
    8 Otherword Chests.
    all full of materials, weapons, armor, etc.
    Every cosmetic land item that was sexy.
    Desserted Cottage
    Thatches
    6 Treehouses.

    I owned the entirety of Pirate's Fate (Thunder Isle) and also had about a 244 X 244 in Windscour, and I owned the entire floating Islands in Hasla.

    I had over 780,000 gold in materials/items in my chests.

    --------------------

    As I said.... I quit right before the Ollo "evolution."

    The result?
    -All my full kits, chests, items that wouldn't delete on "evolution" were sent to my mailbox.

    I re-downloaded the game about 2 weeks ago in anciticipation of the mergers to see who was still here. Bought a 3 month Patron Package (for the Spooky Anywhere Warehouse)

    My mails are empty...... except for 27 Blank Canvases I bought that I never used who are still in my mail.

    All my Full Kits, All my designs I demo'd, all my chest contents I couldn't store on a Character because I had some 1300 stacks..... Gone.

    All my Rickety Fences, Chests, Car plans, Ship plans, Epic T6 weapons I was working on crafting, My Spring Swept Roof, Materials.... Gone.

    Do you know what Riot said when I sent a recovery ticket?

    "We can't restore your items but if you have screenshots and proof of your items, and a detailed list, we can investigate the matter."

    I spent about 5 hours going through databases and screenshots, trying to create a list for them to investigate.
    When I submitted it, I got a response that they weren't taking support requests for this right now, and to try again later. (Probably because of this buyout)

    I'm talking..... 3 years of work. Gone. Entirely. All I have left is one Gazebo, my Improved Plaza, and a couple other random plans.

    And I don't know if I can ever get it back or if I can even try.

    But I will tell you this: No other game I have EVER played..... has not backed up information for long gone players to recover their accounts. Even through server mergers. What this means is...... They bleach any info that isn't tied to the specific character...... not the account. That's ♥♥♥♥ty management.
    That's exactly it. I'm personally not at all sad for the ... latest changes in their employment or whatever. I'm sure there were reasons, just as there were reasons to keep some of the former employees.

    I remember you whiteknighting this game like there was no tomorrow while I was, even then, starting to get really frustrated about certain changes that had happened to Archeage. Starting with the new community rules, some of which were a bit too social justice-y for my taste, and some of which came from people who were too new to understand the game for what it was and instead tried to bend it to their liking. I mean you can't advertise a game for certain things and then brutally negate them with some rules that, in any case, weren't ever fully respected by people when you needed them to, but were still there and you couldn't break them yourself for the sake of it. Talking about blockades and the miriad of ways that those rules were misinterpreted and twisted and never fully taken account for.

    Then with the first merges, I was so sad to see Trion try to present the merges as something people had wanted, when there was a 100 pages or so thread of people crying against them. Then we were told the 'land barons' were the worst and the merges were solving this issue, when Archeage was about CLAIMING LAND. That's just the kind of attitude that made me feel the weight of this game over my shoulders.

    I never really invested in gear, all my game was... properties, decoration, collectibles, books... Many of which i have lost now, after the 3rd merge I'm put through. Not because I wasn't active, but because my emails got deleted twice and only once fully restored. Not only that, but some of the disappearing emails were tax payments too. When I lost my mansion and my plaza because of it, I lost again items that couldn't have been replaced by support because it was 'demolition due to missed payments' and I had no way to prove that the emails with payments were invisible to me. Later on, the same thing happened to an alt of mine: this time I had the new message (With payments) icon on, but upon opening the mail box there was nothing there. The emails appeared after a relog, but most of my payment emails are usually read and waiting, if they go invisible there's no way to know they're there.

    I know nothing of this Gamigo company, though I did play Fiesta for a very short and sad while.

    TBH I can't see how this company change thing will be any worse than it already is. At least something is changing. Archeage was never easy, I can't imagine it going more pay to win than it already is, where it takes you years to grind gear. Too bad though, Archeage deserved so much better and had a crazy potential. To this day I can't think of any better game, if only the management was done in a more honest and careful way.
    Proud green pirate, fervent activist of the Tumbleweed Nerf Society

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts