+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gami, go plz...

Quote Originally Posted by Herzeleid View Post
    That's exactly it. I'm personally not at all sad for the ... latest changes in their employment or whatever. I'm sure there were reasons, just as there were reasons to keep some of the former employees.

I remember you whiteknighting this game like there was no tomorrow while I was, even then, starting to get really frustrated about certain changes that had happened to Archeage. Starting with the new community rules, some of which were a bit too social justice-y for my taste, and some of which came from people who were too new to understand the game for what it was and instead tried to bend it to their liking. I mean you can't advertise a game for certain things and then brutally negate them with some rules that, in any case, weren't ever fully respected by people when you needed them to, but were still there and you couldn't break them yourself for the sake of it. Talking about blockades and the miriad of ways that those rules were misinterpreted and twisted and never fully taken account for.

Then with the first merges, I was so sad to see Trion try to present the merges as something people had wanted, when there was a 100 pages or so thread of people crying against them. Then we were told the 'land barons' were the worst and the merges were solving this issue, when Archeage was about CLAIMING LAND. That's just the kind of attitude that made me feel the weight of this game over my shoulders.

I never really invested in gear, all my game was... properties, decoration, collectibles, books... Many of which i have lost now, after the 3rd merge I'm put through. Not because I wasn't active, but because my emails got deleted twice and only once fully restored. Not only that, but some of the disappearing emails were tax payments too. When I lost my mansion and my plaza because of it, I lost again items that couldn't have been replaced by support because it was 'demolition due to missed payments' and I had no way to prove that the emails with payments were invisible to me. Later on, the same thing happened to an alt of mine: this time I had the new message (With payments) icon on, but upon opening the mail box there was nothing there. The emails appeared after a relog, but most of my payment emails are usually read and waiting, if they go invisible there's no way to know they're there.

I know nothing of this Gamigo company, though I did play Fiesta for a very short and sad while.

TBH I can't see how this company change thing will be any worse than it already is. At least something is changing. Archeage was never easy, I can't imagine it going more pay to win than it already is, where it takes you years to grind gear. Too bad though, Archeage deserved so much better and had a crazy potential. To this day I can't think of any better game, if only the management was done in a more honest and careful way.
    I don't recall ever actually white knighting Archeage - It always had problems I critiqued. However, I did BRAND it..... because I knew from 4-5 months in that the game only succeeds when it has populations which saturate its market. (Evolutions don't add to the population pool).

I'm sure I have critics who view the world in black or white though, so that's understandable.

I don't know Gamigo that much either. I used to play Shaiya with Aeria though, and if any of that staff is still with them, I'm willing to bet the item sales model will change. You might actually see regrade charms brought down to sales - effective prices of like $2 instead of $40. They don't care about flooding the market with a needed item and "breaking" the game with P2W. But it's a better P2W model than just ..... never changing your sales model to adjust for the reasons your game is failing.... Everyone might become a spender or secondary spender...... but at least people would feel like they weren't 3-4 years behind in the real world on competing. People wanted to pvp. The game and Trion prevented them from being anything other than cattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekikyo View Post
    I don't recall ever actually white knighting Archeage - It always had problems I critiqued. However, I did BRAND it..... because I knew from 4-5 months in that the game only succeeds when it has populations which saturate its market. (Evolutions don't add to the population pool).

I'm sure I have critics who view the world in black or white though, so that's understandable.

I don't know Gamigo that much either. I used to play Shaiya with Aeria though, and if any of that staff is still with them, I'm willing to bet the item sales model will change. You might actually see regrade charms brought down to sales - effective prices of like $2 instead of $40. They don't care about flooding the market with a needed item and "breaking" the game with P2W. But it's a better P2W model than just ..... never changing your sales model to adjust for the reasons your game is failing.... Everyone might become a spender or secondary spender...... but at least people would feel like they weren't 3-4 years behind in the real world on competing. People wanted to pvp. The game and Trion prevented them from being anything other than cattle.
    I do remember white knighting ArcheAge in the beginning, but I was wrong. I quit Ollo as well a bit before you probably (like 6 months?) but it was for all the other issues with compensation, cash shop bs, the way things were released, and some of my friends being permabanned for no reason, etc.

Trino was always bad, and Gamigo will probably be worse. At minimum the same. The only thing Trino had going for it was the livestreams and stuff, but besides seeing stuff you could mostly already see from KR, there was never much meat to it.

One of the Brothers Grimm; Sweller of the Rebellion;
    Knights Templar

Oh but the CMs would always say that "it's not p2w as long as you can acquire it ingame". Which is such a dishonest thing to say again. First of all, there's plenty of things that can (or could have been) only be acquired in the cash shop. And then... there's gear. In a game where the amount of things you can do to make fixed amounts of gold is limited by another fixed amount of... labor, there is just so much gold you can make a day. Theoretically. Because if anyone was ever dedicated to spending the labor of four accounts every day for trade runs, they would know it can't work for, at most, 2 weeks. Or at least that was my limit. Spending 4 hours+ every day doing boring repetitive stuff just doesn't work, that's not playing. Eventually you just want to go out the re and have some pvp, have some loot, except there is no loot in Archeage and the player nation system makes sure all PVP people are banding together for domination purposes.

I'm fortunate enough to not have played Archeage alone, ever. I met my husband here and w're still together with our 4 accounts. We have always been a good duo, him a slightly above average pvper and me a pocket ehaler with a wooden laptop. When Erenor appreared, we decided that the best improvement we could bring to our setting was a good weapon for him. So we set on getting that. And every day for a year we have ran cargos overseas, for gold and for charcoal. I don;t think we lost more than a couple of times. But that implied that sometimes we had to take our time, wait, pvp, make sure ways were safe, take the long ways at times etc. We managed to get his divine bow in many many months of grind, when some people already had full erenor armor sets and weapons... and that's when we realized that doing our best with what we had was just not enough and would never have been enough to compete. To just survive among those other people. And we were the lucky ones, who could actually pvp the odd encounters, who could sometimes steal from others, who could most times defend their stuff. But what about others? people who play alone, who don't have help, who don't play in player nations? It seems to me they all quit.

So when someone says "it's not p2w", i just cringe. It sounds bad when you say a game is p2w so I understand why companies would NEVER admit to it and would just cover it up twisting the meaning of it, but in the end it is what it is and you all know it.

If Gamigo want to ever put enchants for 2 bucks in the cash shop, I would be much happier with that than with what the cash shop is currently offering. Because at least then you would be able to get SOMETHING for cheap, instead of investing thousands, which I would never do even if I were rich. I just want to play a game, not compete versus rich people, I do that every day in real life, the game should be FAIR or it's not a game anymore, it's a damn investment.
    Proud green pirate, fervent activist of the Tumbleweed Nerf Society

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2