+ Reply to Thread

Thread: i want to roll a single class guild

i want to roll a single class guild

been attempting this since headstart really, various strategies and ideas..of course this always sounds insane to most people, and god bless the few who've tried it out over the years.

now id like to really make this experiment my focus. im hoping there are others like me (on Kadum?) who might be interested in attempted a very different kind of dedicated guild. all going one class allows that class to be built very differently and respond in ways that seem abnormal at first.

I just wanted to make a thread to see if anyone had any experience or interest in building something like this, and to just discuss the idea.

I think you would need an all healer guild because healers are essential. WIthout them everything else falls. You would probably be unkillable, but at the same time you wouldn't be able to dps.

Sounds like a fun idea. Do you want to do PvE stuff like dungeons or PvP stuff or both?

All you need to do is pick something with songcraft and then everyone do crit builds. Requiem, Ebonsong, Blade Dancer... anything will do. Damage is so out of control now that crit builds pretty much delete anyone in one stun lock and if there are two of you then you auto-win if you CC first.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Edgewalkers. Which I believe is Vit/Aura/Occ. From the few videos I've seen they seem pretty ridiculous if you know how to play them. But then again, it would probably be pretty gear dependent.

Bard squad?!

In the distant past (like, before Zeal affected physical damage), I had theorycrafted a bard squad that used a staff 'radio' buff/debuffer (basically, songbot) with different low-song (4-5 point) builds charming different targets for the debuffer, and a separate healer taking advantage of Ode's received healing buff. It never really came to fruition xD

Fastforward that to today:

Staff (or shield+scepter) bard squad with flutes because flutes make songcraft offensive, obviously:

Everybody brings Stone Hymn / Wave Startling Strain - charm EVERYTHING
    All songs playing, all the time - constant group HOTs (the more people ode the more effective right?) AND constant magic damage DOTs on charmed targets.
    You can have some people spec Life Sonic Wave to remove impale/stuns and Mist Sonic Wave to team-untargetable everybody too.

Song is versatile enough that people in mage gear can just Ode DPS (lol) while healing; people with healer gear get critical heal bonuses on their odes

Songcraft is countered by Witchcraft (fear interrupts long enough to cancel songs, Stillness removes all song buffs/debuffs), so it should follow that you should counterpick Witch with Auramancy - so now everyone gets Mist Thwart for team AOE shield (like a makeshift mana barrier), Meditate for fear remove, Shrug for reasons, and at least comet's boon and teleport so everyone can move around like the annoying marching band flute squad they are. Some support players would probably channel Protective Wings to give silence immunity while fluteball is doing its thing.

So then the question is, what should the 3rd class be?
    I'm gonna go with Witchcraft, because Songs don't break some of the Witch debuffs, so why not just charm > aoe bubble > bully-Ode people to death?

ex:
    Bard spec
    http://archeage.mmodex.com/skill-cal...abdegikqs10cek

CC / DPS (lol)
    http://archeage.mmodex.com/skill-cal...egikqs10abcekp

Initiator?
    http://archeage.mmodex.com/skill-cal...s10abcdeikprst

Quote Originally Posted by Tenki View Post
    In the distant past (like, before Zeal affected physical damage), I had theorycrafted a bard squad that used a staff 'radio' buff/debuffer (basically, songbot) with different low-song (4-5 point) builds charming different targets for the debuffer, and a separate healer taking advantage of Ode's received healing buff. It never really came to fruition xD

Fastforward that to today:

Staff (or shield+scepter) bard squad with flutes because flutes make songcraft offensive, obviously:

Everybody brings Stone Hymn / Wave Startling Strain - charm EVERYTHING
    All songs playing, all the time - constant group HOTs (the more people ode the more effective right?) AND constant magic damage DOTs on charmed targets.
    You can have some people spec Life Sonic Wave to remove impale/stuns and Mist Sonic Wave to team-untargetable everybody too.

Song is versatile enough that people in mage gear can just Ode DPS (lol) while healing; people with healer gear get critical heal bonuses on their odes

Songcraft is countered by Witchcraft (fear interrupts long enough to cancel songs, Stillness removes all song buffs/debuffs), so it should follow that you should counterpick Witch with Auramancy - so now everyone gets Mist Thwart for team AOE shield (like a makeshift mana barrier), Meditate for fear remove, Shrug for reasons, and at least comet's boon and teleport so everyone can move around like the annoying marching band flute squad they are. Some support players would probably channel Protective Wings to give silence immunity while fluteball is doing its thing.

So then the question is, what should the 3rd class be?
    I'm gonna go with Witchcraft, because Songs don't break some of the Witch debuffs, so why not just charm > aoe bubble > bully-Ode people to death?

ex:
    Bard spec
    http://archeage.mmodex.com/skill-cal...abdegikqs10cek

CC / DPS (lol)
    http://archeage.mmodex.com/skill-cal...egikqs10abcekp

Initiator?
    http://archeage.mmodex.com/skill-cal...s10abcdeikprst
    no one care

Quote Originally Posted by Wendigo View Post
    been attempting this since headstart really, various strategies and ideas..of course this always sounds insane to most people, and god bless the few who've tried it out over the years.

now id like to really make this experiment my focus. im hoping there are others like me (on Kadum?) who might be interested in attempted a very different kind of dedicated guild. all going one class allows that class to be built very differently and respond in ways that seem abnormal at first.

I just wanted to make a thread to see if anyone had any experience or interest in building something like this, and to just discuss the idea.
    An all healer guild sounds like a hilariously adventurous idea
    Ma l l o w
    Enigmatist/Cleric
    CONVICTION
    East

Quote Originally Posted by icecude View Post
    no one care
    What are you even talking about? lol

+ Reply to Thread