+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can Race Change Happen?

Cool Can Race Change Happen?

I understand that there are race specific stuff a character receives upon race selection and leveling.

For, instance, a Haranian alliance character that picked this character quite sometime ago. Now knows a actual friend in the Nuian alliance character region.

My proposed fix. An option, that would be of no cost. However, a level reset. Also, all race specific stuff as well.

Why? well sometimes there are reasons specific to that person.

I do not know what would happen if implemented fully. (ex: exploits)

Just a thought...

XL has said that race changes are not possible due to coding issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Aislinna View Post
    XL has said that race changes are not possible due to coding issues.
    ^ Very much this, as it has been repeated since 3.0. I would love to get all of my stuff from the Nuian onto a Warborn, but as (former) Trion employees said, it would be more likely to employ 'Account Bound' storage to transfer said items. I hope that's something they work on....

If they could turn the bound storage chest to account rather than character and made titles account wide, we'd be pretty close to in business. I have no problem leveling a new character, but if it cost me my vehicles, mounts, titles, bound gear, and other things I'm sure are character specific I'd pass. This would mean adding some extra restrictions for items you would normally only acquire once as well, such as the dream ring. They have already proven this is possible by restricting the dream ring and ynys ring, so this method would be a compromise I'd like to see. Of course, a paid service to relocate bound items between characters is more likely to occur before those changes happen.

I would love to race change my 2 haranya chars simply because harani totally outnumbered on NA server & can't even take 1 Tower most days in MM among others things! If race change was allowed you would probably see a mass move from haranya to nuian which would wreck the inbalance totally! So as much as I would like it I can see its really not a good idea for this reason alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabe Fyrethorne View Post
    If they could turn the bound storage chest to account rather than character and made titles account wide, we'd be pretty close to in business. I have no problem leveling a new character, but if it cost me my vehicles, mounts, titles, bound gear, and other things I'm sure are character specific I'd pass. This would mean adding some extra restrictions for items you would normally only acquire once as well, such as the dream ring. They have already proven this is possible by restricting the dream ring and ynys ring, so this method would be a compromise I'd like to see. Of course, a paid service to relocate bound items between characters is more likely to occur before those changes happen.
    Right? I didn't like having a red freighter on my Nuian and Firran, and B200's on the Dwarf and Warborn, with the timber on the Nuian, since I can only be on one character at a time. Then most of my paid items on the Nuian with the 2nd anniversary mount (tamed seabug) stuck on the Firran. 3 cars, 2 freighters and a considerable amount of mounts/gliders/etc. spread out across the account. There's no way to get many of those items again, so what's the point in making a new race if you're a loyal customer for over 4 years?

I was thinking more along the lines of a slot limited account storage tab in the warehouse, but I'd settle for a "special" chest as well. Please XL, let us consolidate our bound items onto a new race!

+ Reply to Thread