+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dear Jack Song, What Exactly Did That All Mean?

Dear Jack Song, What Exactly Did That All Mean?

First of all, this cannot possibly be a shock. If it actually is, then no-one at XL management is very good at what they do. Trion was bankrupt. How did you not know this? Suddenly? Hardly. How stupid do you think we are?

"We are talking to Gamigo... paperwork is almost done." Talking about what exactly? About getting rid of them? Sounds like you're working out them relinquishing publishing. Is XL personally taking over the NA/EU servers?

"We will do our best to stabilize the game..." Again, does this mean you as in XL alone and not Gamigo? Sure sounds like it.

"... by sometime next year we will fundamentally restore ArcheAge..." SOMETIME NEXT YEAR? What the bloody f-ing he!! is that supposed to mean? Taking the game offline for a while?

What a load of manure.

Signed, Not Buying It

PS-I want to reiterate again that if Gamigo is allowed to publish this game that I will leave for good and NEVER return. So just tell us now and stop this insulting song and dance.

"the paperwork is almost done and I believe the ArcheAge team will provide you with an announcement with the new release date for 5.0 very soon"

this is a good new^^

Also direction for next year to return to the original project of Archeage as a sandbox is that we all ask from time > more freedom in game and less restrictions (in skills, trade runs, crafting ...)

Okay have fun Ouro
    AA will stay with gamigo now
    Creeping Stalkers

Yeah, we want the old traderun, the hasla grind for new level 50 player, the massive illegal tree farm for thunderstruck tree and no p2w. If xlgame can do massive overhaul graphic and soundtrack like upgrading new graphic engine maybe it can kill new MMO's that are coming.

Why is it surprising XL doesn't know how dire Trion's financial situation was? You don't go around telling your suppliers you are going bankrupt right? :lol

Yeah, we want the old traderun, the hasla grind for new level 50 player, the massive illegal tree farm for thunderstruck tree and no p2w. If xlgame can do massive overhaul graphic and soundtrack like upgrading new graphic engine maybe it can kill new MMO's that are coming.
    Hiram grind is the new hasla grind. You can still do massive tree farms since planting outside of farms doesn't use 10 labor, just needing to convert labor to silver first. Each cedar is 25 silver, so to be the same as before one needs 2.5s/l. Only trade runs is the one that need fixing. We don't need overseas trade originating from only a few ports.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOuroborus View Post
    First of all, this cannot possibly be a shock. If it actually is, then no-one at XL management is very good at what they do. Trion was bankrupt. How did you not know this? Suddenly? Hardly. How stupid do you think we are?

"We are talking to Gamigo... paperwork is almost done." Talking about what exactly? About getting rid of them? Sounds like you're working out them relinquishing publishing. Is XL personally taking over the NA/EU servers?

"We will do our best to stabilize the game..." Again, does this mean you as in XL alone and not Gamigo? Sure sounds like it.

"... by sometime next year we will fundamentally restore ArcheAge..." SOMETIME NEXT YEAR? What the bloody f-ing he!! is that supposed to mean? Taking the game offline for a while?

What a load of manure.

Signed, Not Buying It

PS-I want to reiterate again that if Gamigo is allowed to publish this game that I will leave for good and NEVER return. So just tell us now and stop this insulting song and dance.

It actually means AA goes to Gamigo and Jake is going to restore the glory of AA..
    Im defo gonna stay and watch that.. and no the game is not going offline for ahwile.. common sense!.. c'mon

I do not understand this complaint to XL games. Just try to repair the mess that I leave trion, gives more information than gamigo, which would seem to assume that gamigo does not care about anything AA.
    I have the feeling that if it were not for XL games, right now AA would be off and you would not have anyone to complain to. It is the only company that seems to care about the game and the players.
    Let's see the situation, Trion sells and does not make a statement, only one of its employees exposes it so that the panic does not enter ... the only thing that matters to us was always our wallets.
    Gamigo has not yet put anything in any place, we only know about the previous statement, both gamigo and trion have shown no interest in AA and its players.
    Personally, I thank XL games for trying to take care of their AA creation and the NA and EU players. Thank you.

Archeage is Jake Song's pride and joy, its his creation. This is very positive feedback and if the developer indicates he is committed to Archeage, then we need to take this at face value.
    Anything else is just trolling.

Means the sky isn't falling and that you can go back to whatever rock you were under before this all started.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOuroborus View Post

What a load of manure.

Signed, Not Buying It

You...uh...certainly like to overreact eh, Ouro?

Couple of things: How would XL know Trions financial issues? THey're a wholly different company. and thats not info you just readily share with EVERYONE. Even people you have business dealings with. and most companies dont make business decisions, either, off internet rumour and hearsay.

As for talking with Gamigo, as they are the company that acquired Trion wholly, I'd imagine they'd have to re-work the particulars of the contract they have with them, as they're, again, a different entity entirely now, Thats not uncommon in business when one you're dealing with gets bought out. New agreements need to be reached.

As for what Jake song means, unless you haven't noticed, he's made sweepign changes to the game since he's been back, its quite clear he has a new gameplan and goal for the game and is slowly pushing it to that ends, thats what he means, no one said anything about taking the game offline. Its more of a status update of where he wants the game to be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast