+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My banned account.

My banned account.

To whom it may concern,

On the 7th of November I tried to log onto my account, but a displayed message informed me that my account has been suspended / banned and advised me to check my email for further information. However, I have not received an email regarding the matter or any update over the past 3 days.

After doing my own research I found out that my bank account had charged back the recent credit purchase of 39.99$.

I usually purchase credit vía paypal, but this time I had used my personal credit card because my Paypal wasn't working. My bank assumed this to be fraudulent which is why they denied the transaction and withdrew the payment. I did receive the credit ingame, therefor was unaware that there had been a problem.

Once i'd realised what 'may' have been the cause of my account being banned, I contacted my bank to check what the case was. They said that aslong as I could confirm that it was indeed I that made this purchase, they would let the money go through the system without having to re-purchase. I asked them to confirm in writing that it was them that recharged the amount due to possible fraudulent activity and not I. I attached this to the ticket I sent through.

I've submitted several tickets and I am yet to hear anything. So here I am hoping that this post would be some sort of help because quite frankly, i'm out of options.

I have purchased credit many times during my several years of ArcheAge gameplay, with never a single problem. Personally I think that individuals should be given a message to inform them of the pending balance and be given a period of time to rectify the error before having their account banned, because it's clearly a very lengthy process getting it unbanned.

I appreciate any help you can offer.

Merako

One of my friends got a similar problem, he had an automatic patron subscription running on a VISA. When it ran out the subscription showed as "renewed" but the money was never debted from his bank account and his account was banned. So I wonder if there is not a problem with those automatic patron subscription renewals.

I've sent in tickets about that but just got the normal message "sorry for the delay" that they seem to send to all tickets at this time. Anyways my friend left for Archerage.

If we have to cancel our actual automatic renewals and make a new one they should advise. His banned account dated from beta and he bought lots of goodies.

No Tickets have been answered since the 20th of October.
    Or atleast none of them that i am aware of and i kinda get asked by a lot of people. Especially since the German support is not there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsy View Post
    No Tickets have been answered since the 20th of October.
    Or atleast none of them that i am aware of and i kinda get asked by a lot of people. Especially since the German support is not there anymore.
    so im guessing the only option i have left is to wait ?

Quote Originally Posted by Merako View Post
    so im guessing the only option i have left is to wait ?
    Unfortunately so.

I personally think they should not only unban you, but should give you an archeum pack for your troubles. A paying customer should never be treated the way you are being treated. This whole guilty until proven innocent mentality is what keeps people from even wanting to invest time, money, effort into new games.

Best of luck to you.

+ Reply to Thread