+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: A day ! stable server ?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8

    A day ! stable server ?

    Hi,

    In the game corrections. Do you think to stabilize the servers ? because Trion never managed to do it. Today the servers are only two and the result is that servers '' lag '' enormously as it happens a PVP large number. This has always been a problem.

    The problems are crashes, lags, too many players on an area = players not visible.

    There is already a mod '' by default '' but the game becomes bad graphically and this mod works very badly .

  2. #2
    Senior Member blycee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    901
    Its not the fault of the hardware and if the enginge is that hungry and scales bad with to many player in an small area there is nothing trion or gamigo can do. And since the games core deveopment was finished 5 years ago, its unlikely XLGames wil put huge afford into that. Its not a simple fix.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by blycee View Post
    Its not the fault of the hardware and if the enginge is that hungry and scales bad with to many player in an small area there is nothing trion or gamigo can do. And since the games core deveopment was finished 5 years ago, its unlikely XLGames wil put huge afford into that. Its not a simple fix.
    So, you think the response is - Gamigo, you bought a crap game. Have fun. ?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    So, you think the response is - Gamigo, you bought a crap game. Have fun. ?
    More like -sorry, you are playing a crap game. Have fun OO

  5. #5
    this is a reason Jake Song came back to Archeage because they going to change the old game code in this game. He got interview by Korean gaming site, he said he gonna try his best to replace the old code in Archeage. Maybe next year AA going to change game engine.

  6. #6
    Senior Member blycee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    901
    Its pretty unrealistic that they change the core of the game or replace the engine. They could easier develop a new game! They will just change mechanisms of the game, economy and remove/add features, they won't change the engine behind. But an Archeage 2.0 would be interesting!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by blycee View Post
    Its not the fault of the hardware and if the enginge is that hungry and scales bad with to many player in an small area there is nothing trion or gamigo can do. And since the games core deveopment was finished 5 years ago, its unlikely XLGames wil put huge afford into that. Its not a simple fix.
    Uh, it kinda is, though.

    Trino has scaled back HARD on their hardware/servers. The result is that fights that were never this laggy have become unplayable. Hell, even on the server-we-cannot-name, we've seen much better performances. You can also see it in numbers; what used to be a pretty low pop is now "high" and it takes about a fourth of the old playerbase for a server to enter "queue" status.

    The fact of the matter is that yes, Gamigo could improve things. I doubt they will, though. Gamigo's in it to milk this dying cow for all of its worth and then dump it in a ditch and there is zero incentive for them to actually invest in better servers than Trino has: they know whales will keep dumping money on their characters forever, as they're way too deep into this to realize they're being had (sunk-cost fallacy and all that).

    What some of us want to see is how hard Gamigo will milk the last people still inhabiting the wastelands.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by oyvey View Post
    Uh, it kinda is, though.

    Trino has scaled back HARD on their hardware/servers. The result is that fights that were never this laggy have become unplayable. Hell, even on the server-we-cannot-name, we've seen much better performances. You can also see it in numbers; what used to be a pretty low pop is now "high" and it takes about a fourth of the old playerbase for a server to enter "queue" status.

    The fact of the matter is that yes, Gamigo could improve things. I doubt they will, though. Gamigo's in it to milk this dying cow for all of its worth and then dump it in a ditch and there is zero incentive for them to actually invest in better servers than Trino has: they know whales will keep dumping money on their characters forever, as they're way too deep into this to realize they're being had (sunk-cost fallacy and all that).

    What some of us want to see is how hard Gamigo will milk the last people still inhabiting the wastelands.
    Are you ♥♥♥♥♥♥ed? Serious questions because it's bad taste to make fun of ♥♥♥♥♥♥s. I've never heard of anyone complaining that fights become laggy unless their computer hardware can't handle everything that's happening. Which has nothing to do with the servers that archeage is hosted on.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    620
    Quote Originally Posted by blizplix View Post
    this is a reason Jake Song came back to Archeage because they going to change the old game code in this game. He got interview by Korean gaming site, he said he gonna try his best to replace the old code in Archeage. Maybe next year AA going to change game engine.
    For the love of Cthulhu, I sure as hell hope they don't try to go to Unreal like most games are right now... It will not work with lot's of players. My hopes for Mr Song's return was to bring back the Alpha elements that made this title so unique and got plucked away from us slowly over the past couple years.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceda View Post
    Are you ♥♥♥♥♥♥ed? Serious questions because it's bad taste to make fun of ♥♥♥♥♥♥s. I've never heard of anyone complaining that fights become laggy unless their computer hardware can't handle everything that's happening. Which has nothing to do with the servers that archeage is hosted on.

    Apparently you are living in isolation somewhere. There was a time, With the gaming system that I have, that fullscale combats of Halcy or MM were a lot of fun because you could have 100 vs 100 and everything ran just fine. Then issues of lag started. And MANY MANY people started complaining about it. Then came Kadum - which for a time was shut down because the Lag it produced not only affected the local area, it affected the Entire Game. I was smelting ingots one day while Kadum was going on. I timed the smelting action, which i had set to run continuously. I would complete an ingot, and waited 12 seconds before it would start the next ingot. And it was constant clockwork Lag until Kadum was over.

    Never had that problem before. That was lag from the Servers, Not my computer, and even Trion acknowledged it was a server issue and took steps to fix it.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts