+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blade Dancer Skill build and Hiram gear secondary stats

Quote Originally Posted by Jerky View Post
    Hey Tenki, what would you suggest for a Bladedancer pvp build. Appreciate your input if you have time. ty
    I don't have a build I'm happy with for 5.0 - I used to build with 24-25 actives, which used to let me dip into the specialized uses of each class tree with minor changes, but gutting that down to 18 while trying to play true to my favorites (I loved being shadowplay/songcraft-heavy) is pretty impossible now. I end up running a battlerage-heavy build for most serious pvp.

I can give these insights for each tree as far what building heavily into each one gives you:

- Battlerage: Simple large damage, Target-less AOEs (BEL/Sunder/Whirlwind), CC counters (Bondbreaker if you have room, Life Tiger Strike CC immunity). 20m gap closer / escape with Tiger Strike / BEL. A lot of multi-hit hard-CCs (snare>shaken>trip, slow/snare>stun), and the power hits get stronger with Bleed from Shadowplay/Pin Down.

- Songcraft: 4 min points to get Zeal. Building heavy into songcraft lets you deal with upward gear gaps, especially with charm effects. The 7-point passive lets you play your debuffs while at a safe-ish range, so you can let your friends jump in, or wait for an opportune time yourself to deal a heavy burst in 4 seconds of heavy debuffs. Strain>Bulwark Ballad is so huge in addition to Piercing's defense pen.

- Shadowplay: 5 points minimum to get Stealth. Other than the normal mobility things (Dropback, Freerunner), there's a lot that Shadowplay can offer between quick-and-short Hard CC (Bloodthirst-based Stagger), 'Soft' CC (Poison-based Silence/Shackle/Slow), and heavy damage (Stealth>Shadowsmite), but with the point limits, you pretty much have to pick between them. You can't get Stagger+Stealth Smite damage together (you used to be able to, with Shadowplay's Assassination), and point limits don't really let you take advantage of the soft CCs without sacrificing points you need elsewhere

I played shadowplay-heavy before 5.0 and I'd use staggers to set up for Assassination smite. The next best thing you can do nowadays is use Stagger to set up for Hammer or some other CC. Silence is... golden for shutting off a glider escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenki View Post
    I don't have a build I'm happy with for 5.0 - I used to build with 24-25 actives, which used to let me dip into the specialized uses of each class tree with minor changes, but gutting that down to 18 while trying to play true to my favorites (I loved being shadowplay/songcraft-heavy) is pretty impossible now. I end up running a battlerage-heavy build for most serious pvp.

I can give these insights for each tree as far what building heavily into each one gives you:

- Battlerage: Simple large damage, Target-less AOEs (BEL/Sunder/Whirlwind), CC counters (Bondbreaker if you have room, Life Tiger Strike CC immunity). 20m gap closer / escape with Tiger Strike / BEL. A lot of multi-hit hard-CCs (snare>shaken>trip, slow/snare>stun), and the power hits get stronger with Bleed from Shadowplay/Pin Down.

- Songcraft: 4 min points to get Zeal. Building heavy into songcraft lets you deal with upward gear gaps, especially with charm effects. The 7-point passive lets you play your debuffs while at a safe-ish range, so you can let your friends jump in, or wait for an opportune time yourself to deal a heavy burst in 4 seconds of heavy debuffs. Strain>Bulwark Ballad is so huge in addition to Piercing's defense pen.

- Shadowplay: 5 points minimum to get Stealth. Other than the normal mobility things (Dropback, Freerunner), there's a lot that Shadowplay can offer between quick-and-short Hard CC (Bloodthirst-based Stagger), 'Soft' CC (Poison-based Silence/Shackle/Slow), and heavy damage (Stealth>Shadowsmite), but with the point limits, you pretty much have to pick between them. You can't get Stagger+Stealth Smite damage together (you used to be able to, with Shadowplay's Assassination), and point limits don't really let you take advantage of the soft CCs without sacrificing points you need elsewhere

I played shadowplay-heavy before 5.0 and I'd use staggers to set up for Assassination smite. The next best thing you can do nowadays is use Stagger to set up for Hammer or some other CC. Silence is... golden for shutting off a glider escape.
    Tyvm for your input.

Is dw or 2h Hiram executioner for melee pvp the meta in 5.0 now? With atk speed gone from inspire for DRs, is 2h too slow to pull off combos in pvp? And is a faster MH the better choice despite the decreased weapon damage?

Also is str the stat of choice now? I recall agi was what everyone migrated to to stack crit % when I last played. Is this no longer the case? Should I be focusing pure str?

Thanks in advance!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2