+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How are taxes calculated? (Version 5.0)

Question How are taxes calculated? (Version 5.0)

Is there a way to predict what the tax bill will look like when I build another house / garden?

I understand how property taxes are calculated as long as I have no more than 3 houses or gardens per account. (It's the base tax mentioned in the design of the garden / house, or am I wrong?).

What is not clear to me and can not be read anywhere, what the tax bill will look like when I build house / garden number four.

I assume that all Tac Calculators that can be found with Google are referring to older versions.
    Therefore my question: How are taxes calculated with 5.0?

How does the fourth estate affect taxes? Does it matter if it's a garden or a house?

I find it very stupid, if I first have to build a house or a garden, and then to see from the next billing, if this was just a good idea or not.

Can someone bring light into my darkness?
    That would be great!

Kind regards

As far as I know, the last tax changes were with the 3.0 implementation: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...Social-Systems

Land
    The taxation rate on land ownership has been increased for characters that own a large amount of property. The rate continues to scale based on the number of properties owned.

Characters who own 1-2 building will be charged the base amount of tax per structure for a 0% increase.
    Characters who own 3 buildings will now be charged 100% tax instead of 50%.
    Characters who own 4 buildings will now be charged 150% tax instead of 100%.
    Characters who own 5 buildings will now be charged 200% tax instead of 150%.
    Characters who own 6 buildings will now be charged 250% tax instead of 200%.
    Characters who own 7 buildings will now be charged 400% tax instead of 250%.
    Characters who own 8-10 buildings will now be charged 500% tax instead of 300%, 350%, and 400% respectively.
    KR has gotten a tax change, that we haven't gotten yet, so we could be seeing a change in the near future.

The amount it costs to build the next structure isn't the same as the amount of your weekly tax bill after you have it built. It can be a lot higher.
    • The base deposit is always more than the weekly tax bill, even for the first structure you build.
    • If you have prepaid taxes on any property you own, the system sees each week you prepaid as an additional property. This can increase your deposit to astounding proportions.

One additional factor that can increase the amount of your weekly tax bill is the hostile faction tax multiplier. This will apply if you put down property in a zone owned by a player nation (unless you are a member of that nation). It will also apply if you are part of the Nuia Alliance and place land in a zone controlled by the Haranya Alliance, or the other way around. (This tax multiplier does not apply to any property in contested zones, though.)
    Claw to earth, blood to water, fang to wind, heart to Tahyang.

Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Kadum East
    Moonstone ~ <Odyssey> ~ Kadum West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ <Sakura> ~ Kadum East

Does the penalty start for 3+ per character or per account?

Quote Originally Posted by Car View Post
    Does the penalty start for 3+ per character or per account?
    Your third non-exempt property per account starts the penalties; the solar/stellar/lunar farms don't count towards the penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Aislinna View Post
    Your third non-exempt property per account starts the penalties; the solar/stellar/lunar farms don't count towards the penalty.
    Fellowship plazas also don't count toward it.

Quote Originally Posted by romonster View Post
    If you have prepaid taxes on any property you own, the system sees each week you prepaid as an additional property. This can increase your deposit to astounding proportions.
    Your second point isn't really the way it works. It doesn't treat it like another property, it figures out the tax difference between your existing properties prepaid amounts and then amount you should have pre-paid at your new property ownership number and then charges you the difference.

For instance, lets say you put down an upgraded thatched so that's 75 taxes (50 deposit, 25 for 1 week) and then you put down a thatched for 45 (30 deposit, 15 for 1 week).

Then you attempt to put down a Gazebo it will attempt to charge you 60 (30 for the deposit, 15 for the 1 week, and then 15 for the 100% property ownership penalty) . . . but you don't place it and go pre-pay 1 week on your upgraded thatched instead.

Now you try to place the gazebo again it will charge you 85 (30, 15, 15, and 25 for the 100% penalty on the upgraded thatched week)

It does that to stop people scamming the tax system by prepaying a bunch of weeks before they place new property.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    Your second point isn't really the way it works. It doesn't treat it like another property, it figures out the tax difference between your existing properties prepaid amounts and then amount you should have pre-paid at your new property ownership number and then charges you the difference...
    Ok, thanks for clarifying. How'd you learn the details of that? I've never seen it spelled out.

Quote Originally Posted by romonster View Post
    Ok, thanks for clarifying. How'd you learn the details of that? I've never seen it spelled out.
    I tested it pretty extensively on the PTS when no one could answer how they worked. You would think stuff like that would be well explained in the game, or at least on a help page somewhere... but I guess profits through obfuscation is the name of the game here. No help for even the most basic and used mechanics.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

+ Reply to Thread