+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: True or false?

This is 100% true. I don't remember the thread though where Scapes said it.
    ||Meow! Nya~Nya~Nya!
    Hi WarriorPoets is recruiting for AAU! | Wynn | East
    Who seeks shall find.

It's true. Which I find sad.
    I understand that the other phases get wiped, like Alpha and CBT. Which is normal.
    But I have never heard of an OBT getting wiped.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsGhostie View Post
    And it got me thinking, they're gonna sell Founder Packs for OBT. It'll give you access to the OBT, so you pay for it. And then it gets wiped?
    That's kinda weird... You pay for something and then it gets wiped? Or am I just missing something?
    From what I understand, buying a FP gets you access to the Closed Beta, maybe possibly alpha but none of this has been confirmed yet. Either way, you are paying for access to the game, nothing more......anything beyond this is a bonus and you will still receive it when it goes live. As you are paying for access to the game, if it gets wiped you are not losing anything you paid for apart from time spent.

Beta player will anyway have the advantage of having some expirience when the servers are going public. I hope a lot of those players share us their expirience before that time.

true scapes even tweeted it

Well, as someone linked, Scapes said it straight out that ALL Alpha and Beta phases will be wiped. However, on a stream, they said that they might change their mind about wiping OBT. I guess only time will tell. Lol at people trying be be smartasses and claiming that OBT's always get wiped, and should. You clearly haven't played many MMO's in that case. OBT is generally somewhat of a transition phase to launch and does NOT get wiped. Mainly for stress testing the servers and adding final polish, so the game itself is pretty much done at that point, and there's no reason for wipes after it. Personally I'm not interested in partaking in the OBT if it will get wiped, as I've played many characters on the RU server and I'd simply get sick of the starting areas of the game before I even get to properly play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekk View Post
    From what I understand, buying a FP gets you access to the Closed Beta, maybe possibly alpha but none of this has been confirmed yet. Either way, you are paying for access to the game, nothing more......anything beyond this is a bonus and you will still receive it when it goes live. As you are paying for access to the game, if it gets wiped you are not losing anything you paid for apart from time spent.
    Uh, actually the access to an alpha/cbt should be the bonus, not the other way around. Founder packs are generally there to help the game to get off the ground, and give you nice bonuses when you start playing as a reward. Kind of like buying a CE of a p2p mmo, except this is f2p so founder packs are the equal version of that. If they'll be just to buy access to alpha/cbt here, then I'll have to pass. :/

there is to 99% always a wipe after beta

Quote Originally Posted by Deicidium View Post
    Uh, actually the access to an alpha/cbt should be the bonus, not the other way around. Founder packs are generally there to help the game to get off the ground, and give you nice bonuses when you start playing as a reward. Kind of like buying a CE of a p2p mmo, except this is f2p so founder packs are the equal version of that. If they'll be just to buy access to alpha/cbt here, then I'll have to pass. :/
    Your statement does make more sense now that I think about.

Yeah, it really will be a cleaning OBT also is not in my interest playing it until the official release. But let's wait for a future pronuciamento of Trion, maybe they change this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicidium View Post
    Well, as someone linked, Scapes said it straight out that ALL Alpha and Beta phases will be wiped. However, on a stream, they said that they might change their mind about wiping OBT. I guess only time will tell. Lol at people trying be be smartasses and claiming that OBT's always get wiped, and should. You clearly haven't played many MMO's in that case. OBT is generally somewhat of a transition phase to launch and does NOT get wiped. Mainly for stress testing the servers and adding final polish, so the game itself is pretty much done at that point, and there's no reason for wipes after it. Personally I'm not interested in partaking in the OBT if it will get wiped, as I've played many characters on the RU server and I'd simply get sick of the starting areas of the game before I even get to properly play it.

That is true that not all OBT get wiped, actually they do not do that almost never nowadays!But if you think that it should be like that then you have no knowledge whatsoever!
    And what to say about founder pack, it should not be right to call it pack if it does not include something else at least title!
    More like early access!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast