+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Taxes and Properties

Taxes and Properties

I have a patron account with 4 characters. 1 of them owns all of my properties. Since I have more than 3 properties, I have the increased tax rate. If I were to transfer a couple of properties to another character on this same account, I would still have the same elevated tax rate. The 3 other characters on this account have bound tax certificates that I cannot use to pay the taxes my main owes.

Suggested change: Either allow any character on a single account to pay the taxes owned by any character on that account (they have to share labor, so why not?) or make each character on an account their own person. Each character being responsible for their own taxes and not burdened by another character's number of properties.
    Kadum - Seresuta, Sanori

That would invalidate the entire point of the extra taxes after 3 properties, which is to stop players from hoarding more land than they need/is fair.

With mergers, Most actual players didn't get land.

Land barons and land hoarders grabbed most of it and are charging (attempting to) an arm and a leg for land.

Eventually the tax burden weighs on them because no one has the gold to pay insane amounts for land, and demos begin happening which even it back out so normal players can get land again.
    Ruby | Nui Fresh Start| ⭐️ Corgi | Aria |

Or just do what most people do and spend your labor on something reasonably profitable... Like coin purses, you know.... those things you would generally throw away... rather than spending the labor on taxes and then walk away with gold in your pocket and taxes paid.

On days that you have time to play just stash away a few stacks of coin purses to open on the days you just need quick labor burn.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

@Yiffer With merges, it's the land rush. Everyone racing to get land. Not switching characters. I have my own issues with land barons as well, but if they can afford to maintain their properties, there's not much I can say.

My suggestion is more in reference to the bound taxes you get when questing. One of my characters doesn't have any land at all, but has 200 bound tax certs. That character has never had land. With the number of properties I own on my main, the alt can't even place the 16x16 farm that it has from blue salt quests.

What I am suggesting is that my alt can use those 200 bound tax certs to pay the taxes on a property my main owns (same account), OR that alt characters on the same account are not affected by the 3+ property tax. This does not invalidate the increased taxes.

@Snerdles does anyone actually use labor for taxes? Why would anyone do that except to burn off labor? And if you are burning labor on taxes, you shouldn't be owning property anyway.
    Kadum - Seresuta, Sanori

Those bound tax certs can be used to craft building management titles, which can be sold on the auction house. Granted, the profit margin is not high, but it gets rid of the bound tax certs while providing enough gold to recoup the cost plus a little bit. Or you can just give the titles to another of your characters if you have plans to do something that requires them.

And of course people spend labor on tax certs. If they didn't, you wouldn't see them for sale. They have to come from somewhere.
    Claw to earth, blood to water, fang to wind, heart to Tahyang.

Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Kadum East
    Moonstone ~ <Odyssey> ~ Kadum West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ <Sakura> ~ Kadum East

Quote Originally Posted by XSmoky View Post
    @Snerdles does anyone actually use labor for taxes? Why would anyone do that except to burn off labor? And if you are burning labor on taxes, you shouldn't be owning property anyway.
    You'd be surprised. I talk to TONS of people that complain about labor restrictions yet flat out refuse to stop and think about their labor usage and still burn stuff on useless crap like taxes. It's almost like they go out of their way to make themselves in a crappy labor situation just so that they can complain about the labor situation.

Quote Originally Posted by romonster View Post
    And of course people spend labor on tax certs. If they didn't, you wouldn't see them for sale. They have to come from somewhere.
    That's mostly just cross region alts and alt army territory. It severely hurts your progress on your main account to waste labor burning it on tax certs but many people do it.

I don't know why they can't do some simple math and realize that burning labor on tax certs is just only marginally better than just not even bother logging in. You can quite literally use your labor on almost anything else in the game and buy tax certs instead and walk away with more gold thanks to alts that just want quick labor burn and don't care about profits at all.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

+ Reply to Thread