+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: All we need to play Archeage again...

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCarThiefBeton View Post
    It is not against the law because the player is agreeing his data and information to be shared.
    That ... is not how laws work.

If I played a game that you ran and you had a TOS term that if X happened in the game, you were allowed to murder me and then X happened and you murdered me, you would still be guilty of murder, TOS or no.

Quote Originally Posted by tinukeda View Post
    That ... is not how laws work.

If I played a game that you ran and you had a TOS term that if X happened in the game, you were allowed to murder me and then X happened and you murdered me, you would still be guilty of murder, TOS or no.
    The one is against the constitution and the other is not. If sharing data was against the constitution all the social media would not exist.

Instead of talking ♥♥♥♥. Go and search the laws of your country. Provide the laws that:
    Make it illegal for you to allow someone to share your data.
    Make it illegal for someone to share date, even if the owner of the data has allowed them to do so.
    Or anything other that is related and will support your claim.
    Do that and I will accept it.

The one is against the constitution and the other is not. If sharing data was against the constitution all the social media would not exist.

Instead of talking ♥♥♥♥. Go and search the laws of your country. Provide the laws that:
    Make it illegal for you to allow someone to share your data.
    Make it illegal for someone to share date, even if the owner of the data has allowed them to do so.
    Or anything other that is related and will support your claim.
    Do that and I will accept it.
    mhm, though privacy laws differ from country to country, but one of the common things when sharing customer data, is that customer must sign up and allow you to do so, and you must have opt out close in there too, TOC that would enforce sharing of customer data without option for the customer to opt out from that are illegal in most countries. Hence you can not rely on the method that has inconsistent or un-enforceable conditions to monitor anything.

The challenge that people may have is definition of what constitutes private data, normally if individual is identifiable by data published would constitute private data, but the link between virtual 'persona' and rl person may no be able to be established and hence privacy argument becomes mute.

I like where you going with some ideas, but after playing game for little while, not sure alts are real issue. The economy has deteriorated significantly over last 4 years also (all crafting (sorry 90%) is useless, maybe we should look into mechanics that have caused this, other point is that there is no real new content at all, you may argue that hiram is new but, would not clasify it as such. The game suffers from balance that would keep PVP and PVE side interested.

If XL would address maybe those issues first people may not be motivated to run millions of alts, just putting it out there.

...Let me ask you this. If the game had these properties:
    1. alts are not allowed (bans)
    2. for registration you need a mobile phone.
    3. you need to run a VMs in order to start multiple clients.
    4. there is some system that can get you caught (maybe the system i suggest maybe other, just some system).

Are you going to use the character slots or are you gonna create 6 accounts for each character?
    Neither. The day a system like that is implemented is the day I no longer play ArcheAge. Let me put in perspective for you just how serious that is. I've logged in almost every day since closed beta. When all my friends quit a few months after launch, I stayed. When four different guilds disintegrated around me, one after the other, I found another guild and kept playing. When changes to the game gutted my main source of income, I adapted. When two merges cost me housing that had taken months to set up, I started over. I have never once considered quitting. But what you're asking for would spell the end for me.

I've put a lot of time, work, and love into every one of my characters. You want to kill most of them off. It isn't possible to move existing characters to a single account, so they're effectively dead. That's a loss I could not overcome.

Besides that, I simply don't have the stomach to play a game that encourages its players to go on witch hunts, looking for excuses to have others banned. You think morale is low now? This is nothing compared to the toxic atmosphere that would bring.
    Claw to earth, blood to water, fang to wind, heart to Tahyang.

Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Kadum East
    Moonstone ~ <Odyssey> ~ Kadum West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ <Sakura> ~ Kadum East

I'll just leave this here. It states pretty definitely that there's no way user data is ever going to be exposed to players.

Quote Originally Posted by iArches View Post
    ...We can not give you details on anyone's accounts (alts or mains) as well as how many, how long, what for and so on due to privacy laws in place to protect the owners of the account...
    Source: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...7-What-exploit
    Claw to earth, blood to water, fang to wind, heart to Tahyang.

Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Kadum East
    Moonstone ~ <Odyssey> ~ Kadum West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ <Sakura> ~ Kadum East

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9