+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Alts and Snowball Arena

Angry Alts and Snowball Arena

Anything going to be done to alt abusers queuing into snowball arena with their main to give an unfair advantage? This has been a problem while trion was running the game, how will gamigo take this differently?

How do i know its someone's alt? Easy look at their family name and compare with the rest of the people there. There are lots of ways to find out.
    altsinsnowballarena.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by minibboy35 View Post
    Anything going to be done to alt abusers queuing into snowball arena with their main to give an unfair advantage? This has been a problem while trion was running the game, how will gamigo take this differently?

How do i know its someone's alt? Easy look at their family name and compare with the rest of the people there. There are lots of ways to find out.
    Attachment 21155
    Probably nothing judging by the way everything else is handled lol

the rewards are worth it are just what you can get kyrios coins

I would also like a ruling on this ^+^ I do not Q with my alts (so no easy wins for me) but it would be nice to get all of the alts arenas done at the same time or a option for alts to get the lose price without taking a spot for a real person would be even better :P

aLtS aRe NoT a PrObLeM, tHeY aRe A sOlUtIoN.

Short sighted analysis.

Lots of people are in families with characters that aren't their alts. Also some are real life family members and play together.

People who queue alts can't control whether the alt is on the opposing team.

Afk's don't get a reward. I think people are queuing Alts to get the arena to pop which is stupid. The only way to fix it is to have a GM monitor arena instances which may not be worth it.

Btw. I have done the new arena on 4 of my alts because I want the snowball table on them. I never queue more than one char because that would be dumb.

Any news on this as I can control 4 alts at a time (badly) that they would not be counted as afk.

Quote Originally Posted by Alicechan View Post
    Any news on this as I can control 4 alts at a time (badly) that they would not be counted as afk.
    I don't think Gamigo has said anything official on it but Khrolan said very clearly on one of the last live streams that as long as you follow the rules around alts that queuing against yourself is OK.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    Short sighted analysis.

Lots of people are in families with characters that aren't their alts. Also some are real life family members and play together.

People who queue alts can't control whether the alt is on the opposing team.

Afk's don't get a reward. I think people are queuing Alts to get the arena to pop which is stupid. The only way to fix it is to have a GM monitor arena instances which may not be worth it.

Btw. I have done the new arena on 4 of my alts because I want the snowball table on them. I never queue more than one char because that would be dumb.
    I don't see playing alts as a problem in the snowball arena. But agree it is dumb to do more than one at a time.
    Problem is yes, people queueing lot of their alts at the same time which ruins the arena for the others who aren't trying to exploit the arena system. Yes i said exploit. Maybe not by ToS (now) but in my mind it is.
    It's like farming your own alts to push zones to war/leadership/honor etc.
    Just sucks people have to ruin an event cause they are looking for the next best exploit.
    Merry Christmas lol, more like the Alt Stole Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    I don't think Gamigo has said anything official on it but Khrolan said very clearly on one of the last live streams that as long as you follow the rules around alts that queuing against yourself is OK.
    The problem is, it's not just yourself in the Snowball Arena.

Imagine for a second that someone queues the arena with their main and one alt. Lets say their main ends up on one team(Team A), and their alt on the other(Team B).
    Now they have two courses of action - swap accounts every so often, causing each team to have a less than effective player; or most likely, control their main while their alt just stands there. This causes the Team B to be short one participating member, and have the burden of a stationary target that the players on Team A may target and kill for an easy win.
    This is most definitely in the realm of 'unintended mechanics', and is clearly forbidden in the TOS.

The best solution for this problem would have been to get the Arena Teams system implemented before the arena came out, so that it could be avoided by people making pre-made teams.

Since that didn't happen, the next best option is for Gamigo to put out a public statement clarifying exactly what behaviors in this regard will be tolerated, and which will not be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast