+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lack of Land

I don't know situation on other servers, but I had no problem to claim land. It is not easy to find it and really hard to have spot next to other, but on Taris and Aria this is possible. Each week I am traveling and offering free spots which I found, but ppls are lazy. For example 3x 16x16 in White Arden one next to others - over 8 days before someone take them and I announce them in chat twice per day. Karkasse was about 5 16x16 spots yesterday etc. Only really hard location is Solzreed, but if you have really no farm, who care where is it. You can have 5 market farms with tax price about 30s almost for free together with one or two houses. This will provide you enough land for anything and during time you will move and connect them together.

Quote Originally Posted by sJEF View Post
    I don't know situation on other servers, but I had no problem to claim land. It is not easy to find it and really hard to have spot next to other, but on Taris and Aria this is possible. Each week I am traveling and offering free spots which I found, but ppls are lazy. For example 3x 16x16 in White Arden one next to others - over 8 days before someone take them and I announce them in chat twice per day. Karkasse was about 5 16x16 spots yesterday etc. Only really hard location is Solzreed, but if you have really no farm, who care where is it. You can have 5 market farms with tax price about 30s almost for free together with one or two houses. This will provide you enough land for anything and during time you will move and connect them together.
    But people don't want to look, or try... they want to be handed free land for logging in and showing up. That's the real problem.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by romonster View Post
    There's a very good reason land is limited to a few areas -- server performance. At one time there was a big problem with excessive lag near housing areas. All those crops and decor items create a massive load on the servers. This was finally mitigated to some extent by making the render distance very small. But unless some miraculous advance in performance happens, we will never be able to have a lot of additional land in existing zones.
    The main reason they have lag in hosing areas is the high density of housing on 1 small area. rather tan spread out player housing they clump it in a tiny area causing the congestion and the lag

show me a zone with 24x24 or 28x28 lots waiting to be claimed.

Quote Originally Posted by DjinniGenie View Post
    We need 8x8 housing or 8x16 housing. AA trailer park? LOL
    Which server are you on? I know of several 8x8 spots and if you look around you can find the occasional 16x16 that opens up. As others have said though when server populations are healthy land has always been at a premium.
    Thunder Lotus Guild
    Aria, Formerly of Namia and Kraken - West To visit our website click here

Two simple solutions to housing:

1) Limit how many properties any one account can own. Doesn't matter how many taxes they are willing to pay, put a hard cap on it. I am not thinking 2 or 3, but how about 5?

2) Put a timer on properties under construction. At 2 weeks they are done, and the land reverts back to being available. Don't let them keep paying taxes on an incomplete project.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixey View Post
    Two simple solutions to housing:

1) Limit how many properties any one account can own. Doesn't matter how many taxes they are willing to pay, put a hard cap on it. I am not thinking 2 or 3, but how about 5?

2) Put a timer on properties under construction. At 2 weeks they are done, and the land reverts back to being available. Don't let them keep paying taxes on an incomplete project.
    1) Alts

2) P2W farms and Alts

All that programming and people will just avoid it.

You know what would fix it? If people wen't lazy and actually went out of their way to get land like they do with everything else in the game if they actually want it.

You know what would also help? Remove the tax certs from the cash shop and make a few quests that use resources and some time to get a decent amount of untradeable ones so that they cost roughly 1g each. Remove the tradeable crafted tax certs, the only purpose they server is to feed alt armies easy ways to burn labor which in turn makes taxes completely irrelevant to holding tons of land.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

1) Alts that have to pay for patron either with cash or apex someone bought with cash
    2) see answer one

The patron issue takes alot of the alt problem away, and supports the cash function of the game as long as Russian hackers aren't duping Apex.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixey View Post
    1) Alts that have to pay for patron either with cash or apex someone bought with cash
    2) see answer one

The patron issue takes alot of the alt problem away, and supports the cash function of the game as long as Russian hackers aren't duping Apex.
    So you agree that your suggestions don't do anything to help the problem? I'm not sure what your point is.

there is a lack of free cars in the real world.
    a lack of free private jets.
    a lack of free sacks of diamonds.

economy and working and doing stuff is what Archeage is all about. The housing market is part of the economy. there is tonnes of housing. you just need to earn gold to offer owners high enough to make them sell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2