+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nvidia DX11 MSAA best graphics guide 2019

Reedwind MSAA+ FXAA:

Tks for the share, love this kind of Guide. I'll try that for my night session.

I agree, MSAA is the best anti-aliasing that ArcheAge has got (though it's a shame that it's still a bit buggy for certain objects and shader effects). As you noted, 4x isn't worth the FPS drop, you can use post-AA via Nvidia or injectors like SweetFX (SMAA/FXAA) to get rid of the remaining jaggies.

Key point in the texture filtering is to set Negative LOD Bias to Allow, since that'll basically force textures to look their sharpest all the time (but I think you also need to set a value with Nvidia Inspector). Though you can still get blotches because of the aggressive settings they used for CryEngine's texture streaming (use Environment mod to fix that).

I've also found that you can use Nvidia's Ambient Occlusion with ArcheAge as long as you use Nvidia Inspector to set the compatibility code to 0x000E0000 (Crysis 3). It's subtle compared to ArcheAge's regular AO, so I wouldn't use it by itself. But it can add a "pop" to ArcheAge since it fills in gaps that the in-game AO misses. For example, with the stairs in these two images (regular vs nvidia).

I don't think option_tessellation does anything. The tessellation that Nvidia showcased is somewhat misleading. All tessellation does basically is take given polygons and then split them into more polygons. This by itself doesn't change the shape of the model, but you can then use the extra polygons to apply changes with additional techniques.

In the Nvidia video, it's displacement mapping, which basically modifies the shape of the model based off additional texture data. But ArcheAge doesn't use this feature much, it mainly uses bump-mapping style techniques instead, which is just adding shading to textures to make them look more 3D (less impact on performance). But the actual model isn't changed, so the shape is still blocky and simplistic, there are no fine bumps and ridges. I don't think ArcheAge makes use of tessellation techniques much, aside from the water (few of the objects have displacement data).

I tried your setting it's very nice but I still got random crash I hope one they fix this or someone find a fix

Awesome guide..
    But before you do all these settings, you should delete the shader files from your archeage folder. Those files are acting like a cache on your drive.
    They can be found in \Documents\Archeage\USER\shaders\cache\d3d9 <- or d3d11

Delete everything in it.. this way it will delete all the old shader files.. and will load up the new ones with the new settings :-)

As a side note. i delete the shader files every 5 days or so.. it keeps the game running stable.

hi, I'm not that techy but this looks worth a try I got a 1080ti in my pc so I'm gonna risk it, on the shader files so simply I just need to delete the contents of d3d11 totally yes?

Quote Originally Posted by aliala View Post
    hi, I'm not that techy but this looks worth a try I got a 1080ti in my pc so I'm gonna risk it, on the shader files so simply I just need to delete the contents of d3d11 totally yes?
    Yes, also you can just delete shaders folder, it will be recreated by game as necessary.

Thanks for reply...i did it it worked Phew and yaaayy all at once!!!!

my card gives TXAA x4 as best option.

is it better or is the MSAA better ?

Quote Originally Posted by shutan View Post
    my card gives TXAA x4 as best option.

is it better or is the MSAA better ?
    MSAA is better, TXAA implementation here has very strong blurring involved (and it's usually been buggier than MSAA in my experience).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast