+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PK in house

PK in house

so yesterday i was in Rookborne (during War Period) inside my house, doors and windows CLOSED, and another player GLITCHED though the door of my house and PK-ed me.
    I was so furious i was going to shout some nasty words.

if i was outside my house i wouldnt be mad but i was inside, and like i said doors & windows closed!
    no one should have been able to get in.

It has always been the case than people can go through closed doors and house walls before they have fully loaded. If their computer is a little slow, they will be able to get in, because from their point of view, the barrier doesn't yet exist. This is just how the game functions, no point in getting angry about it.

You can also be killed through walls and closed doors with AOE attacks. This is normal. Just go somewhere else during the short periods when your zone is in war status.
    Claw to earth, blood to water, fang to wind, heart to Tahyang.

Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Kadum East
    Moonstone ~ <Odyssey> ~ Kadum West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ ~ Kadum East

thanks romonster.

it irks me because i suspect it is being used as a tactic to obtain honor. there were at least 4 people at the statue when i respawned, and 3 more showed up after me and they still had their "away" box on their name.

but ya, thanks. I'll be sure to just be in a friendly zone next time.

Quote Originally Posted by floresnu View Post
    ...it irks me because i suspect it is being used as a tactic to obtain honor...
    It is most definitely used to get free honor. When a zone goes to war, it's common for reds to run through housing areas looking for easy kills (primarily people who were inattentive and went AFK there). I have land in conflict zones so I'm very familiar with that. When I log out, I try to leave one of my characters in a safe zone so I can check my houses for war status before logging in there. Mostly you need to be careful toward the beginning of the war period.
    Claw to earth, blood to water, fang to wind, heart to Tahyang.

Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Kadum East
    Moonstone ~ <Odyssey> ~ Kadum West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ ~ Kadum East

This sort of "tactic" is not unique to Archeage you just have to play a little bit smarter and not leave your characters in that situation. You would not login, port your char into the middle of a PvP zone and then go AFK for an extended period of time. You could guarantee that when you got back you would be dead, same thing applies really.
    I've started to support global warming in the hope that it will melt all the snowflakes...

TAB for select you > use magic skill

+ Reply to Thread