+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AA 5.1 Patch Notes: If you are inactive for a week, you will be kicked out of the Pirate faction.

AA 5.1 Patch Notes: If you are inactive for a week, you will be kicked out of the Pirate faction.

Patch notes: If you are inactive for a week, you will be kicked out of the Pirate faction.

This one kinda has me worried. What exactly do they mean by 'inactive'? A number of us Pirates are doing quests, prestige for quests, and we have lives on the pirate side. Randomly kicking people out of the realm is a strange patch addition.

If by inactive they mean 'doesn't log in for one week', you are essentially screwing over anyone who travels for a living, or might go on vacation with their family. I mean your house can be tax certed for 5 weeks. But kicking from your nation in 1 week?

I can understand the desire to put an autokick feature to get rid of inactive players since there is a limit now - but one week? Make it like a month, or 2-3 weeks. One week is far too short.

Not to mention I've heard (but not confirmed) you need 12 doubloons to leave the pirate faction. At a minimum that's 6 days' quest, max maybe 12 days' quest, depending on if your rewards for the daily are 1 or 2 doubloons. So you can just leave easier by not logging in and playing Alt-Age for a week. What was the point of the quest to leave anyway if you just do this.

Also I have to say, now that there are caps on the pirate nation, how are you intending to address alt spies in the nation? There's no gear score or personality check to join the pirates. A bunch of jackalopes could just fill the pirates with alts over time and cripple it. The same can't be done to a nation as retribution because they control who gets in. Theoretically you could name-change a high GS alt and get to know and invade a nation, but you aren't exactly crippling them by adding an active high GS player (which you will have to be to stay in a nation).

Not to mention the spy threat. You can't really get a throw away alt to act as a spy in a nation. But Nations easily create West, East, and Pirate spies all the time. Someone posted world boss in nation the other day, next thing we know a nation shows up because they were spying on pirate nation chat. The only way around this is a community of fear based on whispers or TeamSpeak for trusted people only. Nice community game there where you distrust everyone and can't get to know new people.

Maybe new pirates need to be voted in? Names, GearScore, PVP stats, etc. all posted on the pirate board for a week prior to being able to join. If people spot an obvious spy or useless alt, they can voice their discontent. And the Hero vote can overturn or something. Kinda like a Pirate King.......

Anyway seems like an overly strange implementation, maybe it could be tweaked to be better, and more specific what they mean by inactive.
    ---
    "Sandbox MMO" - Marketing gibberish for you can do anything because you have little to no support for problems arise.

A bunch of jackalopes could just fill the pirates with alts over time and cripple it.
    Not a bad idea...

Sounds like the start of the removal of pirates. A good start.

I mean, they are a free player nation now, they get free DGS if nobody contests. They're built to be capped at 100 but some servers have close to 300 members right now. This has been the 5.1 piratch, and if this is the worst the pirates have it, they still came out way on top this patch.

+ Reply to Thread