+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Lets discuss Crit Damage Vs. Defense Penetration post 5.1

Didn't really understand any of the math here, but every reply has been fascinating.

Really feels like some big testerinos need to be done. :X

I wanted to install he PTS and set up some tests but it still gives me an update error whenever i try, so I've given up on that plan.

I'm quite seriously considering getting a second set in the actual game that leans more towards defpen to just see what happens. It's clearly an absolute nightmare to figure out what you should be doing and if it's even worth it. Things like 2% aren't too bad to miss out on, but 4-8% like that one comment suggested in terms of a damage increase is starting to sound really significant in a fight between two relatively skill matched players who have approximately the same quality of gear. :X
    y healer no die

Server: Jakar // Ex-Retribution / Ex-Sirothe / Ex-Nebe

Main: Fiyfa
    Old Main: Etheron
    Everybody has an Alt: Seliel
    I have more than one: Lithim
    Altage is a thing: Phinglophin

Leader of <The Devout> & Pirate at <Floccinaucinihilipilification>

so I just came back from a long break and looking to get back into things. Always played archer and probably always will, but I am severely behind in gear as of right now to the point where I basically have to regear just about everything.
    A lot of the Hiram gear I got has DefPen on it and I'm not sure if I should try to reroll to crit stats or keep it. I assume it's always best to go all in on one thing and not balance (is that right).
    So if you start out now without basically any investment in either side would you stack DefPen or crit? I konw there is probably no definite answer to this, but I need someone to push me in a direction so I do at least something.

Btw rerolling is not an option!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HydroxXid View Post
    so I just came back from a long break and looking to get back into things. Always played archer and probably always will, but I am severely behind in gear as of right now to the point where I basically have to regear just about everything.
    A lot of the Hiram gear I got has DefPen on it and I'm not sure if I should try to reroll to crit stats or keep it. I assume it's always best to go all in on one thing and not balance (is that right).
    So if you start out now without basically any investment in either side would you stack DefPen or crit? I konw there is probably no definite answer to this, but I need someone to push me in a direction so I do at least something.

Btw rerolling is not an option!!!
    if rerolling not an option just be ready to not do any dmg untill mythic erenor bow.
    now as for crit dmg or def pen
    if you can achieve (with steady shooting) 300 crit dmg and around 5k def pen ( with halcy nec on ) then go with crit dmg
    else go with full def pen from start.

if we compare between 50% crit dmg and 9.7k def pen and 300 crit dmg and 5k def pen then crit dmg overall still better (pve/pvp, but untill the 13-14k resil cap)
    BRING BACK UNCAPPED 1v1 #ARENAGATE

How is resilience being tuned down?

Quote Originally Posted by MiroH View Post
    How is resilience being tuned down?
    People are theorycrafting with a later update that weakens resilience, even though it's looking like the game has a better chance of dying than getting that update. They're assuming we'll get that update with the same changes, so they're trying to be smarty pants about it now.

We can resume all information and then this conclusion.

If u want be a pure dps we can choose 2 ways.
    1-Reach crit damage cap(300%) and then Def.Pen or
    2-Reach max def.Pen and then crit damage on the rest.

Def. Pen is most effective against low defense sets (cloth adn leather) while Crit Damage is more with high defense set (plate mostly).
    Def pen is good for a constant high dps while Crit damage for a high burst damage.

Crit rate dependes on STR status so melee dps have a advantage here, while melee tanks with high stamina better choose def penetration.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4