+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Music and books

Post Music and books

So adding to my projects. I was wondering if there is a lute that sounds like a modern electric guitar in game or at least an acoustic one.

Also is there a shelf or case that can house the books you make in game, like the twelve gods ones from the Queen's Chamber?

Thanks in advance.
    Server: Kadum
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

Idk about the guitar, but the game have many shelves.. I use the "sunbite family bookshelf" for some books, but some can't fit because of a small detail in the model hitbox.
    <Catalyst> Slyterine @ Aria Kyrios - My build is a paradox.

Quote Originally Posted by TmzOS View Post
    Idk about the guitar, but the game have many shelves.. I use the "sunbite family bookshelf" for some books, but some can't fit because of a small detail in the model hitbox.
    Thanks, I thought there was an actual bookshelf in game (ie something you can place book in) just didn't know which one.

Quote Originally Posted by Focslain View Post
    Thanks, I thought there was an actual bookshelf in game (ie something you can place book in) just didn't know which one.
    Well, there is a furniture called Hardwood Shelf. It's the place, where I keep all my garhered books so far.

Take a look at the kyrios badge lutes, I know for sure some of them have guitar sounds of several varieties. One may be what you're looking for. Theres also some instruments for gilda on the very last page of the shop, though not sure if one is a guitar.

As for a shelf suitable for books, like mentioned above theres really only the sunbite shelf, the sunbite lockbox, and the hardwood shelf. In kr they have many types of beautiful shelves that are made especially for books, some even hang on the wall, but we've yet to have them here for some reason.
    Only very few "shelf" furniture we have actually are real shelves. A trick to find which is which while in mirage is to mouse over the shelf with a placed spell, like meteor, and you'll be able to see if the shelf is real or fake. If the arrow marking the center of the placement circle rests on the inside of the shelf flat you know it's real, otherwise it won't enter the actual shelf and will just hover on the invisible cover over it and remain parallel.
    You may just find it easier to use the counters or bureaus and placing them on a row ontop, and using the stone/statue/ect decor as book ends.
    ~From Aranzeb/Aria~

To find me you must only look where jade waters sweep past towering platues and ancient faces. There nestled along the shore and shelted by lions you will find my abode.

The Lutes and flutes etc in game have mouseover descriptions that say something along the lines of "Sounds like a ______ when played"

There are several acoustic guitar sounds my favorite being the Ironsong followed by the Hasla/Library(same sound on both) lute. Quest reward lutes
    are a different sound as well but they sound fairly drown out.

There are 3 electric guitar sounds in game

"Powerful" your standard fare electric guitar

"Impressive" electric guitar with distortion

"Soothing" more like a powered acoustic, mellow sound

If you look at Epherium+ lutes they have all 3 types depending on their subset "Gale" etc.

Hiram Lutes are the "Soothing" model

The honor bench has Anthem of Battlerage which is the "Powerful" guitar

As for bookshelves I use the ones from mirage isle that are in one of the houses that can be crafted but I cant remember the name offhand they look like owls carved out of oak. They are in the picture in the background. If the book has a bookmark it wont fit on the second shelf but regular books fit on them just fine. The shelves below that are too short for books.

ScreenShot0016.jpg
    Dacks- Tahyang/Conviction/..Kadum (really folks.. Kadum?)

this is how the Hardwood Shelf looks like:

there also is another kind of book. all books that have a book symbol in its thumbnail cant be placed in a house. they also missing the "can be placed in a house" text.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuesprime View Post
    The Lutes and flutes etc in game have mouseover descriptions that say something along the lines of "Sounds like a ______ when played"

There are several acoustic guitar sounds my favorite being the Ironsong followed by the Hasla/Library(same sound on both) lute. Quest reward lutes
    are a different sound as well but they sound fairly drown out.

There are 3 electric guitar sounds in game

"Powerful" your standard fare electric guitar

"Impressive" electric guitar with distortion

"Soothing" more like a powered acoustic, mellow sound

If you look at Epherium+ lutes they have all 3 types depending on their subset "Gale" etc.

Hiram Lutes are the "Soothing" model

The honor bench has Anthem of Battlerage which is the "Powerful" guitar

As for bookshelves I use the ones from mirage isle that are in one of the houses that can be crafted but I cant remember the name offhand they look like owls carved out of oak. They are in the picture in the background. If the book has a bookmark it wont fit on the second shelf but regular books fit on them just fine. The shelves below that are too short for books.

Attachment 21260
    That shelf looks amazing and I'll have to hunt it down for at least my second floor.

Thank you for the guide on the instruments. Additional question: If I image one type of lute say the honor lute over the hiram lute, would I get the honor sound or the hiram one?

The lute you place the skin on would be the sound produced as only the image would change and nothing else . So in this case it would sound like the Hiram lute with a Honor Lute skin.

Just for informations sake the Hiram lute image changes drastically when you hit tier 2 so you may check it out before you change the image I am quite fond of it personally.

ScreenShot0062.jpg
    Dacks- Tahyang/Conviction/..Kadum (really folks.. Kadum?)

Quote Originally Posted by Zuesprime View Post
    The lute you place the skin on would be the sound produced as only the image would change and nothing else . So in this case it would sound like the Hiram lute with a Honor Lute skin.

Just for informations sake the Hiram lute image changes drastically when you hit tier 2 so you may check it out before you change the image I am quite fond of it personally.

Attachment 21268
    Wasn't too worried about the look, it was more of can i have the sound with the stats I want, I was working hard not to have to carry another gear set on me. Guess I'll just have to be careful and make some more space.

+ Reply to Thread