+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weapon VFX setting repeatedly re-enables and causes video lag and crashes - YEARS OLD issue/bug

Weapon VFX setting repeatedly re-enables and causes video lag and crashes - YEARS OLD issue/bug

Trying desperately to permanently disable this Weapon VFX setting but it refuses to comply: ESC > Options > Quality > Visual Effects > Weapon VFX

I open the launcher, log in to an account, and when I choose a server then a character. I log in and check the setting to find the box ticked (checked). I will un-tick the box, log out to character select screen, log back in and check again. The box is unchecked. I then log out to character screen and then close the client. Logging to the character screen seems to save settings whereas closing the client does not.

Then I will re-open the Glyph client and log back to the character and again verify the setting is saved. But if I open a 2nd Archeage instance on another character, I find the box is ticked (checked) again!!

And so it continues, with me playing whack-a-mole trying to turn my video effects off. But Archeage refuses to allow me to do so. And all the meanwhile, my GPU is getting taxxed and I'm experiencing crashes.

Note: You can't even see this setting in options unless you're logged in on a character. IT's not available from the character select screen. How rude! ;p

Is there some file I can edit and set to read only or some other PERMANENT SOLUTION so I no longer deal with this?

https://i.imgur.com/2wOSQNy.jpg

---
    "Sandbox MMO" - Marketing gibberish for you can do anything because you have little to no support for problems arise.

Also tried verifying these were in system.cfg but it doesn't help / stop the issue:

e_use_enhanced_effect = 0
    e_use_gem_effect = 0

Anyone know how to stop Weapon VFX from re-enabling?
    ---
    "Sandbox MMO" - Marketing gibberish for you can do anything because you have little to no support for problems arise.

Use: option_weapon_effect = 0
    and after put system.cfg "read-only property"

+ Reply to Thread