+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: @DEVS - Archer Damage - Really?

Thumbs up @DEVS - Archer Damage - Really?

Background - I've played archer since OG weekend release on US servers, on Reckoning, and on Nuia. Now playing a 11k archer on legacy.

I should start but patting XL on the back by nerfing songcraft. Great job. I love to see different classes again. Now the trees have a better balance and the dynamic class system is being utilized.

This latest patch has me scratching my head who passed this over to live, specifically for archers. Korea had no complaints on this? I have spoken to other players with high GS (13k+). They have noticed a significant nerf to their damage ability as well. Making defense penetration more important is fine. So, I go defense pen. But still have issues justifying why I cannot do ANY damage to people close to my GS and more. The overall nerf to endless arrows and resilience change has seriously made me think to switching classes. (Like the rest of the AA community)

This is my main issue. Archer has always been a higher GS class since stacking resilience was a thing. Fine. But why destroy a classes ability to even play the game? What is the point? I don't enjoy having an unfair advantage on low noobie players. AND i'm not get 15k GS to be able to kill 12ks.

Endless arrows got a decrease of about 1-1.5k damage on Reedwind mobs without zeal. Missle rain does nothing but kill alts.

Melee has been a problem for a while. They have consistently gotten many improvement to combos and damage with 4.5 and on. Crit damage scales nicely for them. They have GREAT CC and are able to crit for full heath with great resilience/toughness. Yet, I tickle people with a feather duster.

They "fix" archers in a few patches I hear. But why break them in the first place? I get to play a main dps class that hits most players for the 100s for 6 months to 1 year? Gamigo, AA was an investment for you. Trion did almost NOTHING to keep its community happy. Can you please do something different?

Its not broken.. archers have a good range from where to shoot arrows..
    And they can move a lot while shooting...

The range itself makes archer still op.. when build right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nygau View Post
    Its not broken.. archers have a good range from where to shoot arrows..
    And they can move a lot while shooting...

The range itself makes archer still op.. when build right.
    Melee class is not really melee anymore ... there are a lot of skills to jump teleport behind or even stun from 20 m an archer...range is not really range anymore... 28 m archer vs 20 m melee class...
    Are u joking ? And archer having no real cc skill...

Gamigo ??? XL ?
    The only thing that comes in my mind is they nerf so player switch class to spend more on costumes and weapons and accesories...
    A 11k melee to crit for 20 k ? And an archer for how much ? 3 4k endless arrow...spike damage s been all that matters in pvp...not linear damage...
    That being acknowledged archers are not a pvp class anymore...a raid of melee + mages will always be better...

SO IT S JUST DEAD CLASS FOR NOW...if u compare SAME GS melee/mage vs archer...

Good job Gamigo/XL...why for god sakes an archer should stay still while shooting..it ll be dead in miliseconds...useless skills...pve class...thats the answer

Archery was deleted. Just switch to battle rage and do twice the damage with a weapon two grades below what you have now. My epic legendary erenor bow hits cloghis for 50 or less now... No point in even trying since XL obviously doesn't want people playing archery. The only thing thatvwas even making it usable was songcraft was so ridiculously OP that it masked how trash archery was and then they kept nerfing it anyway.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Funny to read comments

The best Arena player this month in 1vs1 balance arena is an Ebonsong.

keep complaining

GL hf with that

Archery got buff in KR 5.5 update. XL games know.

@ayaaa In US server ? XD lmao

Archery has always been the weakest of all three types of dmg, needing a massive amount of gs to be effective, with the ocasional buff followed by the nerf that makes thing even worse than before.
    Roses are red /
    Blood is too /
    Yours got spilled /
    For a charcoal or two.

Quote Originally Posted by CitronxD View Post
    Archery got buff in KR 5.5 update. XL games know archery is weak atm.

Source : https://archeage.xlgames.com/mboards...e/20698?page=1

I just hope those changes ll come live or i ll have to rethink class...it ll be humiliating to be killed by a tanking healer..

Quote Originally Posted by Andi40 View Post
    I just hope those changes ll come live or i ll have to rethink class...it ll be humiliating to be killed by a tanking healer..
    Those 5.5 change wont come until summer 2019 i guess

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast