+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aria - Pirate Faction Limits

Aria - Pirate Faction Limits

I'm a returning player who's always played AA as a pirate. Apparently the 5.1 patch now limits how many pirates can be active? Has that cap been reached in Aria? If it is, how often are players inactive (given the new 7 day rule)?

You are never getting in now; its over cap on actual players and there are a ton of alts in there taking up space too.

was a big fail to announce and code a 100 player limit.

but in reality let every pirate before 5.1 --> stay pirate.

so pirate factions on all servers are WAY over the limit with alot of alts.

Pirate still rekting and winning ALL halcyona arena battles, but yeah, Limit is a problem ? we should bring more pirate so we can get rekt more

Pirate is a Pirate.

Pirates cant be stronger than a faction, they should me small groupes, looking to kill for money, work for money, spend money on Tavern.

if people wants big ranged battle, join a Faction, thats why they're been made.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayaaaa View Post
    Pirate still rekting and winning ALL halcyona arena battles, but yeah, Limit is a problem ? we should bring more pirate so we can get rekt more

Pirate is a Pirate.

Pirates cant be stronger than a faction, they should me small groupes, looking to kill for money, work for money, spend money on Tavern.

if people wants big ranged battle, join a Faction, thats why they're been made.
    lol faction is the reason people left for player nation/pirate, cause it's filled with worthless carebears and potatoes where each of them runs 10+ alts

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    I'm a returning player who's always played AA as a pirate. Apparently the 5.1 patch now limits how many pirates can be active? Has that cap been reached in Aria? If it is, how often are players inactive (given the new 7 day rule)?
    100 pirate cap limit with no way for pirates to control who gets in (alts, alt spies, vs. actual players who want to be pirate) means Gamigo and XL fit a noose around pirate faction and signed their death warrant as a viable faction. There are live players now but over time and via attrition actual live players will dwindle, leaving only alts. And even if by some miracle the player cap drops below 100, anyone can put an alt in pirate and fill it up again. Player Nation can simply put alt spies in to keep pirates crippled, without geared players.

I'd have to say this reality does not live up to the spirit of the 5.1 changes to keep pirate a viable faction.

If they introduced some way for the pirate hero to reject applications to pirate nation, or to kick alts, or institute a voting scheme... IDK... it could be abused too... The strength of Player Nations remains its ability to recruit from anywhere (pirate, west, east, other server), have like-minded goals, and CONTROL who gets in. Pirate nation fails in this last 2 regards.

Glad I joined pirate before 5.1, and didn't wait as I'd originally planned. Cause good luck ever doing any pirate quests or enjoying pirate life. Good job, 5.1.
    ---
    "Sandbox MMO" - Marketing gibberish for you can do anything because you have little to no support for problems arise.

There's only one way to fix Pirate Faction, imo.

1. Send every Pirate back home to their Original Faction, keeping the current Hero in place.
    2. Hero can start authorizing Pirate invitations, back to their 100 Cap.
    Pirates were never meant to have 500+ Members o.O

Change is Good!
    Grandfathering, is putting AA, One foot in the Grave!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTrooper View Post
    There's only one way to fix Pirate Faction, imo.

1. Send every Pirate back home to their Original Faction, keeping the current Hero in place.
    2. Hero can start authorizing Pirate invitations, back to their 100 Cap.
    Pirates were never meant to have 500+ Members o.O

Change is Good!
    Grandfathering, is putting AA, One foot in the Grave!
    And what if a player nation gets control of pirate hero spot
    Change could do as much harm as good
    IDK what the fix is, the 100 cap is horrible
    Maybe 100 cap on 9k+ gs...
    ---
    "Sandbox MMO" - Marketing gibberish for you can do anything because you have little to no support for problems arise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodor69 View Post
    And what if a player nation gets control of pirate hero spot
    Change could do as much harm as good
    IDK what the fix is, the 100 cap is horrible
    Maybe 100 cap on 9k+ gs...
    And, how is that any different from PN's Alts being Heroes West/East?

Pirate Limitation should be;
    More like, a 10K GS requirement to join/apply, but that's a Legacy Ballpark #, no Idea what FS limit would be.
    Cap must remain @100 to prevent what we're currently experiencing now, on Aria.

+ Reply to Thread