+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A server that is patron only and has no cash packs

A server that is patron only and has no cash packs

I would love to know if the talk of a server without p2w has been discussed by the developers and if it is possible. I think the big problem people have with the game is p2w right. However minor it may be. Why not test the server to see if there is an appeal. Clearly the game is great.

I could ♥♥♥♥ing cry with my feelings of boredom for mmo's. Archeage made me love mmo's until I saw players buy things to progress. Something like this would instantly make me and im sure a million others hop back on.

If anyone knows if there was teasing or news about a server like this id love to be filled with hope

That has been brought up multiple times, and at one point Khrolan told us that it was simply not a direction that XL wanted to take. I believe that's posted somewhere on the forums, but you'd have to do some digging to find it.

It's highly unlikely that a subscription-only business model could bring in revenue comparable to what the present cash shop setup generates.
    Claw to earth, blood to water, fang to wind, heart to Tahyang.

Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Kadum East
    Moonstone ~ <Odyssey> ~ Kadum West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ <Sparkle Motion> ~ Kadum East

Source of the biggest p2w was the "out of game" system. Khorlan lied and tried to make developers "guilty". No, Xl never have problems with "Out of game system". It never asked to generate separated labor regeneration (but same credit) in different regions with same account. It never asked Trino to create out of game resource printing system (selling credits and APEX in WEBSHOP + 50-100-150 dollar packs). And XL never prevent Trino to do better account system. Core of the problems was the publisher:
    - multiple accounts allowed
    - You can buy and sell webshop printed resource item (APEX, some contents in packs)

Most of the problems "Fixed" in new patch versions, but multiaccount is in game yet. Upgrades and "regrades" require insane amount of labors AND gold. Hiram materials are untradeables, but gold is free to trade currency. This is smaller issue than old p2w, but it gives huge advantages players who use multiple accounts to abuse limited resources.
    Cash shop materials are not bad "Catch in contents" maybe, but only in late game. If we get FS contents that is p2w in starting time (you can buy extra scrolls and huram infusions vs real money. + you can buy CHARMS to make tempering more effective. Tempering is the new regrade in AA).

But new patch is good in AA. I re-checked FS and it's fine. There are enough lands, there is less crafted (and p2w) gear and most of "Top" players have hiram or library items. It's nice play to win game. Just AA need a new chance ... and more players in non infected server

Please stop trying to claim that Korean players are limited to one account. This is false. Ask people who play the Korean servers; they will tell you that Koreans do have alt accounts. It is true that additional computers or VMs are required to log those accounts in simultaneously, and it is true that in general people use larger numbers of alts in our region. But Korean players definitely are allowed to use alts.

Korenas have to use only korean phone numbers to verify logins... Not same numbers in different accounts maybe? Or do they use "korean ID"?
    +You can't run multibox in korean version. 2nd start wil be blocked... You can abuse the system, but this detailes shows the direction of game companies and strategies in "homeland".

Korean players are allowed to register up to 3 accounts per mobile phone number. National ID is not required. Some people have more than one mobile phone number. And players do use multiple computers and/or virtual machines to log in additional accounts. Back when our version was restricted to one login per machine, we did the same thing. It didn't really keep anyone from using alts.

We finally have two full servers. Last thing we need is another server. Especially when we already have a completely dead one(fresh start). NO MORE NEW SERVERS!!
    Character Name: Damien, Atreyu

Server: Thunderwing, Nui

♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪ (っ◕‿◕)っ

If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself, then make a change, hoooooo" - That one guy.

Quote Originally Posted by r3zs1ckn3ss View Post
    We finally have two full servers. Last thing we need is another server. Especially when we already have a completely dead one(fresh start). NO MORE NEW SERVERS!!
    Yeah. NA players don't like lower p2w level of the game. Self farmed gear is too hard for you. Back to the old server where crafted p2w tradeable gear is easier than no-castle FS

Eu is less dead. And reason to die was in the begining. "Unlimited" regrade with gear level limit, regrade materials are in shop without production, family fishing, kadum's bar. Alt Paradise... Last FS died in the starting days. Wrong conditions, cashgrab brainless business strategy... and the nice old lag

This makes me sad. Better than hoping for one though

+ Reply to Thread