+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanting to return

Wanting to return

I quit this game a looooong time ago because it was EXTREMELY pay to win. I've been looking for another good game recently, and thought I'd check in with ArcheAge. Is it still super pay to win? I'd rather not have to spend a ton of cash just to not get my booty stomped.

Hiram gear makes it so you don’t have to spend tons of cash.

It’s more of a grind but less p2w.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchyDutch View Post
    Hiram gear makes it so you don’t have to spend tons of cash.

It’s more of a grind but less p2w.
    I'm totally down with a grind. Thanks! Now I just need to find a build lol

don't return, this game isn't maintained anymore

"less p2w" = gear upogrades require labor points and golds. If you have more patron accounts you "win". You can buy extra "level up" items and materials, but its limited. Except that disgusting tempering charms.
    + veteran players have months or years of time advantages.

There have been many good changes to the game itself, and more are coming. There is, however, extremely limited customer support these days. If you enjoy playing for its own sake, then by all means come back. If your main reason for playing is to out-compete everybody else, that's going to take you a long time.
    Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Kadum East
    Moonstone ~ <Odyssey> ~ Kadum West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ Kadum East

Quote Originally Posted by romonster View Post
    There have been many good changes to the game itself, and more are coming. There is, however, extremely limited customer support these days. If you enjoy playing for its own sake, then by all means come back. If your main reason for playing is to out-compete everybody else, that's going to take you a long time.
    I basically just want to screw around in open world pvp because it was so fun back in the day! My blighter was fun! Now I can't even find a build for it.

I just returned myself... is there a tutorial on the Hiram gear and/or can someone give me a short synopsis?

- farm armor and weapons in diamond shores/calmlands/heedmar/marcala/nuimari/exeloch/sungold fields, look for "abyssal legion" mobs
    - awaken and upgrade armor and weapons with infusions from mobs in western hiram mountains/reedwind
    "Master of the Deep" Throat

+ Reply to Thread